LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pricing information for LS460 (my info)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 12:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Pricing information for LS460 (my info)

i wouldn't call this official, since there is no prints about that, and since the official annoucement is still days ahead, i call this nothing more than another speculations. but from what i gather, this could be quite accurate, although there are still some missing pieces i haven't been able to get the answesrs on.

first of all, here are the prices i got, accurate to the hundreds:

LS460 - 66,340
LS460L - 74,735
LS600hL-100,375

the next obvious question is what options (if any) are with those prices, or are those base prices (hope not), etc... sadly, those are something i am still waiting for answers on, but as soon as i get more details i will post here. others can chime in too.

my guess is the ls460 is pretty fair deal, probably not much exciting stuff to it, maybe close to a fairly loaded ES350 in terms of options. for 66k, i think that's probably what you will get.

for the ls460l, i think for 74k you will get a normal "standard" one, meaning with a lot of "options" added in already regardless, like navigation, ML, some other gadgets, here..... i think we have a guestimate of around 8k for the RSES already, and maybe with some other final options for the car, it can run up to 85-87k? (this would not be as much of an heard attack as the 94k we saw before)

now the 100k price tag for the 600hl, i can only PRAY that it's pretty much loaded already, otherwise that means a loaded one (especially with RSES) will go up to 110k, which i think is way too high for the car.

so again, this is just some prices i got, with some missing info i am tryint to get, but with 3 more days to go before the supposedly official pricing release, maybe we can have some discussions again to brew it up
Old 09-13-06, 02:13 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, looks like the more 'upmarket' guesses were true (while keeping a foot in the 'more value' segment with the $66,000). Of course with nearly 70% of the sales being LS 460s (their estimate), the upmarket segment is still a fraction. Even then, it's a pretty big jump from the $57,000 LS 460 base...

But $75,000 (LS 460 L) to that 'magic' $100,000...whoa. There were quite a few people predicting the 600h L would be in the 90's...but it is truly an amazing car. Yeah and the 460 L already has XM NavTraffic, etc standard...
Old 09-13-06, 02:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well, even if there is a 57k base for the ls460, not sure if anyone can actually "get it" anyway. just like ls430, you at least get moderm luxury, which has a lot of stuff on it already. that's how lexus usually work anyway.

if the 600hl is below 100, i would be all over it man (well, not i will get the car right the way), but seriously i think the car will see 6 figures.

we will see, pretty interesting topic i think
Old 09-13-06, 02:28 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I just hope the value proposition works out...but then there is the whole idea of moving upmarket and more $$$ = more prestige.

Back in the LS 430 era, for $66,000 you might be able to get Ultra Luxury package...IIRC

Now in the LS 460 era, for $66,000 what are you going to get? I hope it's pretty competitive for the price. But then again Mercedes-Benz is charging up the wazoo...

Thanks for the advance information btw!
Old 09-13-06, 06:54 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not too Bad

Not too bad if it comes with the comfort packages and the nav.

I saw a BMW 7 in stock for 72k with just about everything in it. I think it had about 400 miles on it.

$74,735.00 for the "L" brings it over 80k with taxes etc.

I will have to see both. My dealer said I can switch from the SWB to the "L" if I want.

Thanks for the heads iup.
Old 09-13-06, 08:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

So not sure $66K is the base price eh . . . if it is, it's a little higher than expected, that's a close to 16% hike from the previous base.
But the rest of the range with the various option packages is pretty much within expectations. Thanks
Old 09-13-06, 08:49 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Exciting, isn't it?

No matter what the price is, it will make headlines. If it's high, Lexus is going to attack the competitors head on with similar luxury pricing, and that'll be the challenge that Lexus will be making to other automakers. If it's low, they'll definately be making a statement by being a better value. People will definately flock to it with less hesitation.

I hope they choose one over the other, instead of finding a middle price. Lexus needs to become a "value" leader in the luxury marque, or they need to become a true "level" competitor to other luxury marques.
Old 09-13-06, 09:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
So not sure $66K is the base price eh . . . if it is, it's a little higher than expected, that's a close to 16% hike from the previous base.
But the rest of the range with the various option packages is pretty much within expectations. Thanks

for sure i hope and wish that 66k is not a price brace for ls460, imho that's way too high. we will see, i hardly see any "base" ls430 anyway
Old 09-13-06, 11:33 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received a brochure from my Lexus dealer which identifies what is included in the SWB and LWB version and what is optional. According to the brochure, the LWB includes as standard features:

Nav system, bluetooth, backup camera, XM radio with real time traffic, climate comfort front seats, heated rear seats, power rear sunshade, power trunk open/close.

Optional items are: 19" wheels, Premium Four-Seat package including power recliner, massager and leg rest, DVD rear entertainment, cool box, power rear-door sunshades, advanced parking guidance system.

The LS600 includes the 19 speaker Mark Levinson system as standard, so I will assume it is an option on the LS460L, even though it does not specifically mention it.

Assuming the prices mentioned at the top of this thread are correct, we only now need the price of the option packages to put the pieces together and come up with a price.

I would guess a lot of people will pass on the premium rear seat package unless they make the price attractive. It's a bit over the top, and I suspect the massage function is not much better than the one I have now. The DVD monitor does not interest me. The ottoman and power leg rest is kind of nice, but not worth thousands of dollars to me.

Now all we need is dealer invoice numbers, and we can begin the negotiations.

Last edited by exBMWowner; 09-13-06 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-13-06, 12:35 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
if the 600hl is below 100, i would be all over it man (well, not i will get the car right the way), but seriously i think the car will see 6 figures.
So Henry, if the 600hl is $99k, you're going to get it, right???
Old 09-13-06, 12:54 PM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Default negotiations?????

Originally Posted by exBMWowner

Now all we need is dealer invoice numbers, and we can begin the negotiations.
Do you think we can?

Everyone here kinda thinks there will be no negotiating, at least for a few months.

I agree. First ones will be top dollar.
Old 09-13-06, 01:03 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fail to see how the LS600hL can be $25k+ more expensive than the LS460L even if it comes standard with all the options that the LS460L has. OK so it's got the LED headlights and AWD that the non-hybrids don't. But what else? The hybrid drivetrain can't be that expensive, as its power output doesn't seem to be greater than that of the GS450h.

$90k sounds more reasonable for the car IMHO.
Old 09-13-06, 01:07 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Well it might be one of those cachet purchases, although you get hybrid badging, leather dashboard, door handles, etc etc.

The LS 460 L with rear seat package might end up around $90,000...

and if the LS 600h L comes with the package and everything, it might be around $100,000...
Old 09-13-06, 02:24 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
66K base is way too high for the LS. 60K sounds much more reasonable. While the LS is a very good car, its main draw is the value quotient.
Old 09-13-06, 02:41 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I fail to see how the LS600hL can be $25k+ more expensive than the LS460L even if it comes standard with all the options that the LS460L has. OK so it's got the LED headlights and AWD that the non-hybrids don't. But what else? The hybrid drivetrain can't be that expensive, as its power output doesn't seem to be greater than that of the GS450h.

$90k sounds more reasonable for the car IMHO.
indeed... It wont be that expensive.
I think premium to SAME LS460 wont be more than 5k-8k. It does have LED headlights, and it does have bigger V8 engine and hybrid system but thats about it.

Premium might be slightly bigger because of the fact that LS600h might have some other options LS460 doesnt...

Quick Reply: Pricing information for LS460 (my info)