LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Test drove the LS460 L today

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-06, 09:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by exBMWowner
That could be reason enough to get the rear seat executive package. Now we just need to find out what it cost...
well that package (seat and entertainment) together with a bit other goodies, my guess is a whopping 8k. just my guess of course

you should relaly go try it out. if i were you, i would go there again this weekend, and just tell them you want to request a quick test on the ottoman. don't even need to drive other cars.

trust me, try out the massager. being an owner of the current ls430 UL, i most definitely want to know what your feedback is on the new system.

the problem with it in the dealership is that it's unlikely you will have a car to 'test". this is probably going to be a special order package so it's not like you can jump into a car at dealership and test.
Old 09-25-06, 01:19 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried calling Lexus corporate, or their local Lexus dealer, to see if there is any more information available on when pricing is going to be released? With inventory on the way to the dealer, I would think they should at least be able to confirm when pricing will be released.

Is it possible that they still have a lot of 2006 LS430's in stock, and they are concerned about releasing too much information on the LS460 before they sell out their existing '06 inventory?
Old 09-28-06, 03:05 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by exBMWowner
Has anyone tried calling Lexus corporate, or their local Lexus dealer, to see if there is any more information available on when pricing is going to be released? With inventory on the way to the dealer, I would think they should at least be able to confirm when pricing will be released.

Is it possible that they still have a lot of 2006 LS430's in stock, and they are concerned about releasing too much information on the LS460 before they sell out their existing '06 inventory?
A random check did reveal a large inventory of 06 LS430's. This car's success however, depends largely on its pricing. The current one starts at 57K, and it will be ludicrous to start at anything more than 60K.
Old 09-28-06, 04:19 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

My sales rep called me earlier this week to inform me that he expected to have an inventory sheet on October 7 showing the first allotment of cars coming to his dealership. He assumed the sheet would have pricing on it, but I would think it may be possible that Lexus just sends them an inventory sheet without pricing should they decide not to release pricing by then.

He also confirmed that he can not sell the first car until October 20th. It sounded like a Lexus rule, even if he somehow had the cars in inventory before then.
Old 09-28-06, 04:27 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

It's true Lexus dealers will see inventory but they "x" out the price until right before launch date. You can start calling and asking about 1 to 2 weeks prior to launch date.
Old 09-29-06, 05:53 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't think success depends largely on pricing anymore. Everyone with a pulse knows that the Lexus is a 'better' car than the Europeans and Domestics, and a LOT of people will buy it for that reason, even if it's priced closer to the Europeans than it's been in the past. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it start in the Mid-60s. It'll still be a bargain in the category, just not as much of a bargain as it was at 57.

Originally Posted by ultraseven
A random check did reveal a large inventory of 06 LS430's. This car's success however, depends largely on its pricing. The current one starts at 57K, and it will be ludicrous to start at anything more than 60K.
Old 09-29-06, 06:37 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

The sales manager at JM Lexus told me that Lexus did have a large stock of LS430. No other dealer really wanted alot of them so JM bought 60. They are selling them highly discount about $10k to $13k of sticker. There moving them fairly easy because the 430 is a great car and the 460 will be abour $20k more...at least that is what I was told.

I could get a fully loaded LS430 Ultra for $58 or $61k somthing like that and even less for lower 430 versions.
Old 09-29-06, 07:05 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

Those LS430 's are already like a one year old car now even though they are brand new, they should be discounted that heavily.
Old 09-29-06, 07:09 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ultraseven
despite this "luducrous" pricing a loaded LS460 standard wheelbase has far more more features for 10-15k less than a similarly loaded BMW 750 or S550, ludicrous pricing should be applied to euro cars, starting the new LS460 in the low-mid 60s is still a bargain, considering the 750 starts at 73 and the S550 at 86
Old 09-29-06, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Those LS430 's are already like a one year old car now even though they are brand new, they should be discounted that heavily.
if a dealership still has a lot of them floating around, i can only say it's a failure for the dealership. they should have known better and keep the stock low
Old 09-29-06, 11:33 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Default Wow

An LS430 Ultra for $58K - wow! Assuming they depreciate 40% over three years, that would make mine only worth $35K, which is exactly what the residual is on my lease. I thought I had a pretty good deal, but that pretty much tells me I'm not getting anything special by buying out the lease.

I guess now I need to see what kind of lease payments we are looking at for a L460L. Hopefully they can keep it to around the same numbers as my LS430 so that I can make this work.
Old 09-29-06, 01:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,422 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
if a dealership still has a lot of them floating around, i can only say it's a failure for the dealership. they should have known better and keep the stock low
Well as posted above JM bought out the extra cars, probably for a hot deal to blow them out. I'm sure JM will do well! Even if they just make 1-2K per unit that's $60-120K extra profit, plus the service revenue.
Old 09-30-06, 12:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Well as posted above JM bought out the extra cars, probably for a hot deal to blow them out. I'm sure JM will do well! Even if they just make 1-2K per unit that's $60-120K extra profit, plus the service revenue.
nah don't get me wrong, i wasn't pointing finger at any dealership, but i am just talking about it in general. bottom line is getting a car that's towards the end of its lifespan (ls430) vs cars that are hot in the lot right now (is250/350), i just don't know how it can be a good deal, coz' you still have to press hard to sell those cars. just my 2 cents
Old 10-04-06, 01:54 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
despite this "luducrous" pricing a loaded LS460 standard wheelbase has far more more features for 10-15k less than a similarly loaded BMW 750 or S550, ludicrous pricing should be applied to euro cars, starting the new LS460 in the low-mid 60s is still a bargain, considering the 750 starts at 73 and the S550 at 86
While the LS is intended to compete with the S550, Jag XJ, Audi A8 and 750i/750iL, not every shopper sees it this way. If a person can get into a 550i or E550 at the same price, does the LS hold more content to justify a similar price tag? You can't deny the "schmooze" factor for a buyer spending 60K+ on a car.
Old 10-04-06, 01:55 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I6turbo
I don't think success depends largely on pricing anymore. Everyone with a pulse knows that the Lexus is a 'better' car than the Europeans and Domestics, and a LOT of people will buy it for that reason, even if it's priced closer to the Europeans than it's been in the past. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it start in the Mid-60s. It'll still be a bargain in the category, just not as much of a bargain as it was at 57.
How so? In luxury, reliability, and content/$ yes, but not in the driving dept. Have you driven the S550 and the 750i in the Taste of Lexus event?

Quick Reply: Test drove the LS460 L today