LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus LS460 goes on sale in Japan today

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-06, 10:16 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agreed! I tried to vidcapture the LS Europe video, so far its semi-quality at best...

Meanwhile:

http://www.auto-g.jp/shinsya/lexus/ls01/index.html

Photos of the Japan release event, scroll down and click on the photos for a large gallery selection.
Old 09-19-06, 10:18 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to add, Japanese LS owners have amazing feature with G-Link service where they can email, through their cellphone, the car to close all windows and lock all doors in case they forget.
Old 09-19-06, 11:08 PM
dfkd
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I also notice that in Japan they have the hybrid in the short wheelbase version too...Pretty sweet.

AND, the short wheelbase version also has the LED headlights which tells me that they implemented that headlight system in an effort to save energy when running in the hybrid electric mode.
Old 09-27-06, 08:04 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waw....

PIANO BLACK.....just what Lexus needs.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

All that's left now is to add this with all-black seats + the shiniest Black exterior color and BAAAM...."Ultimate Perfection".

Black on Black represents Unending Excellence for all brands & kinds of vehicles.
Old 09-27-06, 08:19 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, here's something you might like.

Orders for the LS460 in Japan have now topped 8,000 units and it was achieved in LESS THAN ONE MONTH.

This is against the monthly sales target of only 1,300 units/month

Comments from response.jp seem to indicate that the Tahara factory is rushing to cope up with the extremely high demand. Aside from the fact that they make Rav4 units (for Japan and Asia-Pacific markets) AT THE SAME TIME as well as other Lexus vehicles.

Hehe.....
Old 09-27-06, 09:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the steering wheel without wood, that looks funny

and that's not piano black... when was the last time you saw a piano with that color piano black is pure deep dark black. this one is more of a greyish marble look wood. it only goes on grey interior. honestly, not a real fan of it
Old 09-27-06, 10:17 AM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

In the first picture there are 3 control "buttons" that your left thumb could operate between the spokes of the steering wheel. What are they for?
Old 09-27-06, 10:18 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I don't think that wood is piano black at all, looks similar to the dark grey wood trim on the 3GS . . .
Old 09-27-06, 10:20 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the steering wheel without wood, that looks funny

and that's not piano black... when was the last time you saw a piano with that color piano black is pure deep dark black. this one is more of a greyish marble look wood. it only goes on grey interior. honestly, not a real fan of it
Should have read everything before I post
No piano black from lexus, so you can't even find someone to switch the wood trims & steering wheel with you. Now your only hope is aftermarket black wood on your black on black lexus
Old 09-27-06, 12:11 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Those pics look really nice!
Old 09-27-06, 12:21 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
and that's not piano black...
I've searched for so long for a wood kit for the GS but nothing
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LS460 goes on sale in Japan today-bmwblack.jpg  

Last edited by AJ; 09-29-06 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-27-06, 12:25 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ex-Lexic
In the first picture there are 3 control "buttons" that your left thumb could operate between the spokes of the steering wheel. What are they for?
Can't see the symbol but it could be the phone + voice activation buttons.

it's amazing that the LS steering wheel has fewer buttons than mine!
Old 09-27-06, 12:33 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I think they want to keep the LS steering wheel as simple as possible, its tradition...
Old 09-27-06, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Should have read everything before I post
No piano black from lexus, so you can't even find someone to switch the wood trims & steering wheel with you. Now your only hope is aftermarket black wood on your black on black lexus

yeah if they have piano black, i would be all over it. that's super classy and nice. and probably the easiest thing to get scratched up as well by others

well if i get the LS, black on black that's very likely, and i will probably just stick with the brown wood. after seeing a lot of the other setup, i really put my eyes on the piano black, mostly about how classy it is. otherwise, might as well safe the trouble. looking at all the wood pieces on the car, they don't look like any easy "swap" or "mod"
Old 10-04-06, 05:22 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default On the subject of the wood and leather..

Special attention is given to the grain and the wood pieces are digitally coded for precise matching and backed with aluminum instead of the fiber reinforced plastic of previous Lexus. The wood comes in three selections which are paired with four leather choices. Medium Brown Walnut comes with Black or Cashmere leather. Dark Brown Ash Burl comes with Alabaster leather. The Dark Gray Bird's-eye Maple is paired with the light Gray leather. If you get the LS460L you can opt for the semi-aniline Black leather which is the softest grade available from Lexus.

The four spoke Wood and Leather steering wheel in the LS460L will be heated and special care is given to the leather to avoid stitching in areas touched by the driver's fingers and is hand buffed numerous times to a smooth finish.

The cabin was designed to give a soothing embrace conveying both openess and security that's part precision cockpit, part sanctuary...

Rock

Quick Reply: Lexus LS460 goes on sale in Japan today