LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

This Ordering Process Is Not Customer Friendly!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-06, 07:27 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

To the Original poster, you are correct. Its your money, and they should be ready to supply the product on time. Now, at those prices, they should be able to provide the customer with the car he chooses, in a reasonable time, not 3 months at the EARLIEST.

Your concern is valid, and true. I wish Lexus would correct this huge oversight. Prices and packages should have been released the day the car was released to the public, or shortly after. Not days before it starts selling.
Old 09-24-06, 06:06 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ex-Lexic
When a manufacturer starts to think that a little thing like CUSTOMERS start to screw up THEIR ordered world, well their have their priorities screwed up. I ordered a BMW, and I got EXACTLY what I ordered...not only that, but I could follow my order online through pre-production, production, where it was at any point, travel to the US, travel to the dealership, right to 2 days before delivery to me. Sounds customer FRIENDLY, doesn't it?! Sounds like Lexus is a little BEHIND state of the art here, doesn't it? Hey, if you are going to enter the big leagues ya gotta have the fire power. Lexus isn't there yet.

Poo-pooing "my little order?" A customer's little order is what it is ALL ABOUT, dude. Put that down and you are putting down the backbone of business. I AM awake; it is Lexus that should wake up and be aware of state of the art.
So you did all this with a car that wasn't yet in production? And it took less than 3 months? Hmmm, the ONLY car that I know of was the recent M5 and yes, buyers COULD order it beforehand and wait (and wiat, and ...well you get the idea). To my knowledge, all the preorders did not know what their actual price would be. True, they did get to pick options and I do agree that is one area where Lexus missed the boat but IMHO BMW also charges more for doing this service. You guys ACT as though I am the voice of Toyota manufacturing? I appreciate the faith you place in my opinion's but the truth is that I have NOTHING TO DO with ANY of this. I am just a consumer outlining it the way I see it. Nothing more... The forum mod's have the capacity to speak more on behalf of the mfg than do I.

Last edited by bunka; 09-24-06 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-26-06, 01:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ex-Lexic
So what is the implication of that: either 1) They ALL know pirces and therefore some are HIDING it from us, or 2) Some dealerships do NOT know prices and some do, and that means Lexus corporate is HIDING prices from their dealerships! Both alternatives are bad!
seriously, i don't know the answer. i would expect all of them to know prices at the same time, but i know that the eatern region operations are done a bit different than the west coat region, so that's why i can't say all