LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS in the middle east c

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-06, 06:29 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. M
I think start with SR 145,000 up to 160,000
Mashkoor.

Originally Posted by enigma888
I think the extra bumper air intake looks good actually, of course no front license plate I guess?

I wish. Front plates are mandatory. However, many choose the euro style plates which are wide. I personally think they look better, especially due to the Saudi plate's design.
Old 01-16-07, 07:30 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kuwaiti
hi...this is my very first post..i live in kuwait ( i'm sure by now evey one knows where that is ..its just south of iraq ) .. i wonder if any one has any idea about dates of arrival of the LS 460 to our region .the dealer told me mid january .. which i find a bit too late .. i have put a downpayment on the SWB one , and it seems that the car will be fully loaded except for the neat park assist and the collision radars ( either front or rear ).
Hey Kuwaiti how's it going, what's the update on your LS, it's mid january! Any word on when it will be delivered?
Old 01-18-07, 05:30 AM
Q8Lexus
Driver School Candidate

I don’t know about kuwaiti but the first batch will arrive in Kuwait in the first week of February and I will be getting my LS460 then . cant wait i paid my deposit back in August
Old 01-26-07, 03:45 AM
Q8Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Offical launch is 3rd Feb. in Kuwait and the GCC. They have 20 cars already and they have 150 cars coming next week here in Kuwait.
Old 01-26-07, 09:03 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I note the OP posted this thread a while back and said he was in Kuwait... but his location (at least now) says Arizona.

Just wondering what prompted the move to the states and if he has a new LS, now?
Old 01-26-07, 10:20 AM
bojaber
Driver School Candidate

Offical launch in bahrain is 5 feb 2007 . they have 30 cars now .
Old 01-26-07, 11:18 AM
Hot Rodder
Driver School Candidate

I've been following this thread for a while now, trying to find out when it's going to be the launch in the Gulf. It's rather surprising to me that we get the car last in our region even though we are probably the biggest consumers by size.

Hi, BoJaber, I am also from Bahrain and I was told by the dealer that the opening was going to be on the 7th of February. And also they told me that my 460 should be here in early March. I'm one of the people who has paid a thousand BD deposit.

I hope it's worth the wait for this car, because I've been waiting for five months for this car.

BTW, kick a$$ site. Keep the good work coming.

Peace

HR
Old 01-26-07, 04:06 PM
bojaber
Driver School Candidate

thank u Hot Rodder i am sorry if its wrong date.
i well buy one next few months.
my friend saw more than 30 in mina salaman (port) before 2 weeks.
Old 01-26-07, 10:58 PM
Q8Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Any idea on the price in Bahrain and the other Gulf countries? The Kuwait dealer told me that they will price the car in line with the other GCC and i just want to confrim that.

Might be getting my new LS460 this week!!!!
Old 01-27-07, 12:35 AM
abo_saleh
Driver School Candidate

Talking LS460 Arrives in Riyadh

Hi All,

The Dealer in Saudi has announced the 4th of Feb as the lunch date. But, this mornining a saw a couple on a truck headed for the dealer showroom in Riyadh. .

I got a couple of pics, although not so good, because i used my phone camera.
Attached Thumbnails LS in the middle east c-dsc00191.jpg  
Old 01-27-07, 12:43 AM
abo_saleh
Driver School Candidate

Some additional pics
Attached Thumbnails LS in the middle east c-new-1.jpg  
Old 01-27-07, 01:21 AM
Hot Rodder
Driver School Candidate

Hi BoJaber, thanks for the PM bro. I'm pretty sure your friend did see a couple of LS's in the port and from what I heard, they are located in the training center in Sitra right now. They are the ones that are going to be used for the launch. Which obviously none of us know exactly when that's going to happen. Definitely neither of us do, you or me. And it looks like all the Kuwaitis think they are going to get their cars in the next 10 days. At least the Saudis got a picture of a few of them being brought in. This is probably making the U.S. customers look at us and say, "ha, ha, the middle east don't have cars".

Hey Q8Lexus, how come all the Kuwaitis know that they are going to get their lexus this week? Yet none of you know when the launch is going to happen. I do hope what your dealer told about the prices being comparable is right. That would sure be on the Bahraini customers side, since our prices are usually higher than in Kuwait. Oh and no I do not know the prices of how much they are going to cost in Bahrain, I only know that I paid 1000 BD deposit and my receipt says price will be determined after arrival of the vehicle. But I'm pretty sure prices will be fixed after the launch.

Abo Saleh, Find out for us if they have actually put them in the showroom in Riyadh. And if they did, they would probably be priced by then. But just because they were on the way to the showroom, like you said, which I doubt, that don't mean they are going to wind up on the showroom floor. I mean, keep in mind, that the salesmen have to have time to train on these new vehicles because they've never seen one before. That's usually what happens here in Bahrain.

Peace,

HR
Old 01-27-07, 02:04 AM
Q8Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hot Rodder

Hey Q8Lexus, how come all the Kuwaitis know that they are going to get their lexus this week? Yet none of you know when the launch is going to happen.
Hi Hot Rodder, not all Kuwaitis only the ones that paid the deposit which in our case was K.D. 2000 or approx. $6900. The offical launch will be on the 3rd Feb. as i said in an earlier post. We should know the prices latter on today.

Good luck to all of you and mabrook in advance

Abo Saleh thanks for the pics
Old 01-27-07, 02:27 AM
Hot Rodder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Q8Lexus
Hi Hot Rodder, not all Kuwaitis only the ones that paid the deposit which in our case was K.D. 2000 or approx. $6900. The offical launch will be on the 3rd Feb. as i said in an earlier post. We should know the prices latter on today.

Good luck to all of you and mabrook in advance

Abo Saleh thanks for the pics
Which is prettty much like Bahrain where everybody who has paid a deposit is promised one. But I do find it hard to believe that for the next 3 months, no car is going to be available in the showroom for anybody who wants to go and look at it and consider purchasing one. I mean, it's Toyota for god's sake, oh, I mean it's Lexus. But who knows.

Hey Q8Lexus, bro, let us know what the prices are going to be in Kuwait as soon as you find out, please.

HR
Old 01-27-07, 02:59 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Hot damn , its an Arabian meet Good to know my Arabian brothers , im in KSA .

حيا كم

Quick Reply: LS in the middle east c