LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Is today the day they release the prices?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-06, 05:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevekil
The pricing details will be interesting. I have been campaigning for base pricing for both

SWB and LWB to be a few hundred dollars (or may be upto a $1000) cheaper than A8 and A8L respectively.

However, if Lexus chooses to offer deeper cut-rate pricing it will become even more interesting because then Lexus will have to figure out how to position the LS line in next 10-20 years.

As a credible competitor to BMW and Benz on both pricing, marketing and innovation

or as a cut-rate "alternative" to them, matching them on innovation but pricing close to high end E-class and 5-series. In other words insisting on the same strategy as they had for LS 400 15 years ago and not evolving it.

Pricing is a very important component in marketing, and remember, business is all about innovation and marketing, everything else is costs. Thats what the late great Peter Drucker said.
except that these days in US, 7 series and A8 can only be credible competitors to LS, and not vice versa... even S class to certain degree...

So there is no reason that LS will be under pricing anything...
Old 10-04-06, 06:13 PM
jblackbelt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my guess...THIS IS NOT A GURANTEE...once again, i state my guess, is october 6th will be the released date for the prices. this is based on the fact that the ES 350 prices were released exactly 2 weeks before the cars went on sale.
Old 10-04-06, 10:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
I hate it when people factually announce a release date for information and it turns out to be more of a guess than anything.

If it's second hand info that you aren't sure of, at least let us know you aren't sure and maybe let us know the credibility of your source.

You think people would have learned their lesson after the first botched release date... but I even think I saw a mod or two saying October 4th, though I don't remember if they were just repeating what they'd heard others say on this forum or not..
i am sorry that my information were nothing but complete garbage to you. i felt i got some information and would like to share what i have with members here, if they are not appreciated i am more than happy to shut up, and i will promptly do so
Old 10-05-06, 05:43 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am sorry that my information were nothing but complete garbage to you. i felt i got some information and would like to share what i have with members here, if they are not appreciated i am more than happy to shut up, and i will promptly do so
You missed the point - if your info is second hand and not 100% for sure, then tell people that. Maybe you did say "hey it might be on this day" and then people took that and ran with it - I don't really know the timeline.
Old 10-05-06, 05:50 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Patience folks

If someone from Lexus marketing, or a Lexus dealership tells us that pricing will be released on xx date, and that information is reported in this forum, we are reporting factual information on what we were told.

If the person who gave us this information turns out to be incorrect, or if the information they had may have been accurate at the time, but for whatever reason Lexus decided to delay their release date, then so be it. None of us have been reporting factually incorrect information. It is just turning out that the information we have been receiving (from credible sources) is not turning out to be correct.

We have all been waiting patiently for Lexus to release pricing and ordering details on the 460. I know the lack of information has been frustrating, but we have to be close to a release date now, if the cars officially go on sale on October 20 (again, what my Lexus salesperson is telling me, and I'm assuming to be correct).

Let's not get on each other's nerves over this stuff, let's just continue to be patient until Lexus decides they want us to have this information, and then we can all react to it when it is released and figure out what we are going to do about ordering.
Old 10-05-06, 05:54 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

i am sorry that my information were nothing but complete garbage to you.
Don't worry, I still love you and that's all that matters.