LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Is today the day they release the prices?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-06, 05:04 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is today the day they release the prices?

According to a post by Romini, Oct 4th is the day they release the prices for the US. Has anyone else heard this?

Lexus of Glendale should be able to confirm.

Anything?
Anyone?

Can't take the pressure anymore. 5 months since my deposit and Lexus is still tight lipped. I could have had my 750i and already put miles on it by now. Hope the LS460 is worth the wait.

Only time will tell!!!!!!
Old 10-04-06, 05:12 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer confirmed that they can not sell an LS460 until October 20th. He thought he might know the prices when he gets his first inventory sheet, but based on everything I have seen I don't expect Lexus to release pricing until just a few days before the 20th at best.

I went through the same thing when I waited for the 2004 LS430 pricing to come out. They were very secretive about the refreshed model and would not release pricing until they had inventory in the dealer showrooms.
Old 10-04-06, 07:18 AM
jblackbelt
Rookie

if the prices don't come out today i think we should tar and feather the people who said the prices would be released on september 25th and october 4th!
Old 10-04-06, 07:51 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PLACE YOUR BETS!!!

If the car is to be released on Friday, the 20th, I'm gonna say that the prices will leak by this Friday, the 6th.

By the way, I'm going to a Preview Release Party on the 17th. Anyone else going to their local dealerships for any events?
Old 10-04-06, 08:34 AM
jblackbelt
Rookie

thats what i said...but supposivly its today...havent recieved anything from my dealership
Old 10-04-06, 09:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dfiorito
According to a post by Romini, Oct 4th is the day they release the prices for the US. Has anyone else heard this?

Lexus of Glendale should be able to confirm.

Anything?
Anyone?

Can't take the pressure anymore. 5 months since my deposit and Lexus is still tight lipped. I could have had my 750i and already put miles on it by now. Hope the LS460 is worth the wait.

Only time will tell!!!!!!
well i do hope so, i got confirmation from two different personels at the event on the date. i hope they were not lying otherwise i am gonig to kick some serious ****
Old 10-04-06, 09:15 AM
jblackbelt
Rookie

ill start heating up the tar just in case. Philip wanna do the feathers? :-D
Old 10-04-06, 09:45 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate it when people factually announce a release date for information and it turns out to be more of a guess than anything.

If it's second hand info that you aren't sure of, at least let us know you aren't sure and maybe let us know the credibility of your source.

You think people would have learned their lesson after the first botched release date... but I even think I saw a mod or two saying October 4th, though I don't remember if they were just repeating what they'd heard others say on this forum or not..
Old 10-04-06, 09:49 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
PLACE YOUR BETS!!!

If the car is to be released on Friday, the 20th, I'm gonna say that the prices will leak by this Friday, the 6th.

By the way, I'm going to a Preview Release Party on the 17th. Anyone else going to their local dealerships for any events?

Event at the dealerships?
I need to harass my local dealership to see what and if they have anything.
Old 10-04-06, 10:54 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

16 days left booyah!
Old 10-04-06, 11:44 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Threxx
You think people would have learned their lesson after the first botched release date... but I even think I saw a mod or two saying October 4th, though I don't remember if they were just repeating what they'd heard others say on this forum or not..
I learned my lesson from last time. That's why I didn't post in this thread and get all excited. I think it's going to be in the low $80K for a fully loaded 460L.
Old 10-04-06, 11:58 AM
Stevekil
Driver

Default Lexus pricing strategy is going to be integral to their marketing message.

Originally Posted by GSsnarl
I learned my lesson from last time. That's why I didn't post in this thread and get all excited. I think it's going to be in the low $80K for a fully loaded 460L.
The pricing details will be interesting. I have been campaigning for base pricing for both

SWB and LWB to be a few hundred dollars (or may be upto a $1000) cheaper than A8 and A8L respectively.

However, if Lexus chooses to offer deeper cut-rate pricing it will become even more interesting because then Lexus will have to figure out how to position the LS line in next 10-20 years.

As a credible competitor to BMW and Benz on both pricing, marketing and innovation

or as a cut-rate "alternative" to them, matching them on innovation but pricing close to high end E-class and 5-series. In other words insisting on the same strategy as they had for LS 400 15 years ago and not evolving it.

Pricing is a very important component in marketing, and remember, business is all about innovation and marketing, everything else is costs. Thats what the late great Peter Drucker said.
Old 10-04-06, 01:39 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevekil
or as a cut-rate "alternative" to them, matching them on innovation but pricing close to high end E-class and 5-series. In other words insisting on the same strategy as they had for LS 400 15 years ago and not evolving it.

Well, with increased volume in sales, a company can diffuse its static costs (research and development, marketing, corporate costs, etc), which will reduce the actual cost per vehicle. For example if the LS is (just pulling numbers outta my butt for this)
$70,000 sticker price
And the actual cost is $60,000 including the dealer and Lexus corporate and everything involved including expected warranty costs over the next 5 years.
Lets say $30,000 of that is the actual raw materials, plant time, and labor involved in making the vehicle. And $30,000 of it is R&D, corporate costs, marketing, etc - costs that are diffused more the more cars are sold.

So lets say we drop the sticker price by $5k to $65,000. Well at first it may seem we're going to make half the money per vehicle sale.

But then let us say that the volume sold increased from 5000 units to 6000 units due to that price drop. That increase in volume will have decreased the static costs from $30,000/vehicle to $25,000/vehicle. And what do you know? We're back to making the SAME profit margin on a vehicle while selling it to MORE people who will be even HAPPIER with their car because people expect a bit less out of a 65k dollar car than they do a 70k dollar car. So if the quality of the car is the same, they will, all things considered, only be more impressed, happier with Lexus, and more likely to buy again.

This all goes to say that just because Lexus might price a car a significant bit less than the competitors doesn't mean that it is cheapening its cars or lowering its profit margin - it's depending on that to create higher volume.

Of course when you get to flashship level cars, it is expected that the price be somewhat high and distribution be on the rare side. It's kind of snooty, really, but it's just the way the cars are - people care less about practicality and more about 'bling' price tags and exclusitivity.
Old 10-04-06, 03:17 PM
jblackbelt
Rookie

so let the tar & feathering begin
Old 10-04-06, 03:47 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jblackbelt
ill start heating up the tar just in case. Philip wanna do the feathers? :-D
I got the feathers. Hyper-allergenic down feathers... From evil geese...

Quick Reply: Is today the day they release the prices?