LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 demonstration at preview party!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 06:23 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^
An ideal combination! With the HDD NAVI, you also get the HDD space with room for 2,000 songs I believe--along with gracenote and mp3 capabilities. Here in California, I think the XM NavTraffic coverage will be among the most comprehensive in the nation and also a very useful tool in the most congested areas!

You also get to be on the CL list of LS 460 owners... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243597

Let us know how it turns out!!! Hope you enjoy it.
Old 10-20-06, 01:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
I think it would be interesting if future LS versions offered software updates in addition to the hardware...but the new LS only offers the HDD NAVI updates IIRC. One of the things about the cabin systems architecture on the LS is that it is designed to be utterly simple in ways that some of the more technically-interested and other technophiles might find too simplistic. For instance the HDD for music, which doesn't have any specialized smartcard or other input space, but rather records off of your Audio CDs. Designed to integrate seamlessly, but also to reduce any complexity.

Wow and I didn't realize that the tape player has been dropped...unlike ES (GS?) which still have them.

Like the lightbulb quote!
ah i didn't pay attention to the tape deck as well! finally, it's about damn time
Old 10-20-06, 07:51 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

After lunch we stopped by Newport Lexus to try and get a brochure...none. Got to talking with Casey and relayed to him about the parking assist and how I was curious to experience it.

Aside from the rear seat features he gave us a first hand of this parking assist. It's pretty simple and so long as the driver selects the appropriate location for the car, it did a nice job IMO. We were both impressed. This might be nice for those who like to back into their garage and I could see using this since my garage is a bit tight. (And would more to handle with the LWB variant.) The price as shown for this one was $85K and the rear trunk is very disappointing. (Of course we knew this.)

He gave one try at signing us up for the car saying I might expect one as soon as X-mas delivery. $1K refundable deposit. We've not been this excited for a car and my imagination loves thinking how it will look with a 2" drop on 20's. As nice a thought, my car schedule is some years off.

(The usual line about winning the Lottery (which we don't play) come in so fat chance on finding one in our garage this soon.)
Old 10-20-06, 07:56 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Same here...it is so tempting but the car purchase will most likely not occur during this feeding frenzy of a release period...
Old 10-21-06, 12:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Same here...it is so tempting but the car purchase will most likely not occur during this feeding frenzy of a release period...
i was at the launch even tonight as well, and i heard quite a few people pre-ordering the car already and some asking about putting a deposit. crazy people.

i would let them go ahead first for sure. in no way am i paying msrp
Old 10-21-06, 08:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Haha, some people just want to be one of the first to be seen driving a brand new model. I admit it's cool, but there's a price to pay for that . . .
Old 10-21-06, 02:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Haha, some people just want to be one of the first to be seen driving a brand new model. I admit it's cool, but there's a price to pay for that . . .
well i can't blame them, maybe they are millionaire, in which case the car is nothing more than pocket change for them if today i had 10 mil cash, i might just do the same as well
Old 10-22-06, 03:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
What about the front passenger seat memory buttons issue that you have been talking about for a long time, are they there & did you ask why they're not ?
I got the answer from the same Lexus Product Rep. demonstrating the APGS at the Longo Release Party just 2 days after, because the car is one to be driven in, there was no need to have a memory seat setting for the front passenger. As the "executive" is riding in the car, he will sit in the rear opposite of the driver, hence the attention to the rear seating instead of the front passenger.
Old 10-22-06, 04:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I got the answer from the same Lexus Product Rep. demonstrating the APGS at the Longo Release Party just 2 days after, because the car is one to be driven in, there was no need to have a memory seat setting for the front passenger. As the "executive" is riding in the car, he will sit in the rear opposite of the driver, hence the attention to the rear seating instead of the front passenger.
That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. So this 'executive' MUST sit in one seat. Ok, what about the driver's SPOUSE? Must he or she sit in the back right seat too? Like Driving Miss Daisy?

For couples having memory seats on both front seats makes perfect sense.
Old 10-22-06, 09:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have to agree with paul, that's definitely the lamest excuse ever.... if it's anything technical i might actually buy it, but what they say here just doesn't make sense, WHEN 3gs and 2is they both have front passenger memory. sc430 has it (does es350 have it? i didn't pay attention).

given what you are getting, and that it's a flagship, unless it's anything technical, i really don't see why there is no memory seat for the front passenger. and keep in mind, the driver rear passenger seat has memory seat too
Old 10-22-06, 09:07 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Yeah, that's a laughable answer. The executive package will be a rare car, & even adding the LWB 5 seater, they will not account for half of the LS460's sold, so I think most will be driven by the owners themselves with the spouse at least in N.America, especially the SWB version. So I don't see why they have to neglect that front passenger with the memory buttons in the LS when even the IS & ES have them.
This is actually never a big issue for me, just that I don't like hearing BS answers like this from them ...
Old 10-22-06, 10:21 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
He was at Longo too, huh? Did you get his name or position? Hopefully the APGS demo was good.

For the front passenger seat memory, I have a feeling that it might have some slightly peculiar reason, such as why the passenger side seat only has the legrest, or why there are driver side adjustment buttons for the passenger seat (no fighting with a passenger who has memory buttons too?), or why the JDM version has the fold-down passenger seat headrest.
See I thought it was going to be some obscure reason...I dunno, as it certainly isn't a case of having difficulty implementing the tech, or of real cost savings (given that the JDM models have seat memory for the right side...why not use that setup for the US models and vice versa?). I do wonder if there is some strange (to us) Japanese 'boss' sitting in car custom which explains that.
Old 10-23-06, 05:50 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

He was at Longo too, huh? Did you get his name or position? Hopefully the APGS demo was good.
He asked me whats with the camera (I had the SLR in my hands), I told him who I was and where I was from. Talk about deja vu...he told me exactly the same thing. He went through the whole spiel about how much crazy propoganda and wrong information is on Club Lexus. He wouldn't tell me his name or tell me what his exact position was. Pretty informative guy to some extent but he would play the "I don't know anyone" or "I couldn't tell ya" game with me. In my mind, I was saying...."okay you're the product expert here, why don't you disspell the myths and educate instead of criticize?". Dunno if he was trying to be sarcastic, but with of all my interactions with Lexus corporate, this guy wasn't the most pleasant to be around. I was pretty turned off after the whole experience. He said he was at most of the LS Preview Parties demonstrating the car.

BTW, I did ask him what the success rate of the AGPS was. He didn't have a percentage but he did admit that the system will not prevent curbed rims. What was ironic, the Mercury Metallic LS that was there had a paint scrape to the lower left corner of the front bumper. It's difficult to see in the pics I took as the foglights washed out that area.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-23-06 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-23-06, 05:58 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. So this 'executive' MUST sit in one seat. Ok, what about the driver's SPOUSE? Must he or she sit in the back right seat too? Like Driving Miss Daisy?

For couples having memory seats on both front seats makes perfect sense.
I'm with you. I think that was an answer he had to give because he only knew only a few highlights about the car when we were asking him questions... 1) The basic operation of the Advanced Parking Guidance System. 2) The 4 zone climate control system 3)How the LS has the quietest interior cabin ever. We asked him questions about the HDD ML System and didn't have answers to what methods to how to upload music into the system. When I asked him about what happened to all the talk about Sirius Radio...he was quick to answer with..."Nope it's XM" and was the only answer he knew.

I'll have to get the real answer from the Lexus Product Planner we met earlier this year in March with our private LS preview and Lexus College trainers we have met with in the past.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-23-06 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-23-06, 09:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah ryan, please get in touch with the planner again, i think that's our ultimate source and where we will get all the real answers we need thanks for the info i didn't see such person at the lauch party up here in norcal, i guess socal get all the love

what does the lexus rep look like? taller skinny american guy? i agree, if stuff on here are really that wrong, why not come here and educate us

Quick Reply: LS 460 demonstration at preview party!