LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460L or BMW 750IL?? HELP ME - I cant decide!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-12, 10:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,750 Likes on 1,967 Posts

Originally Posted by GregCon
Is it true that the i in 750iL stands for injection? If so, that's kinda stupid since practically no car has been available without injection in about 20+ years....
That's a BMW thing, the i always stands for fuel injection.
Old 10-11-12, 07:45 AM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Funny how the comparos are always LS460, 750, and S550 but no Audi A8. IMO, i think the A8 is the better of all other three and is pretty exclusive. That's why i got rid of my 02 GS430 i owned for 6 years (so much for Lexus quality with that lemon) and bought an 07 A8L that has been wonderful for a year. This is actually the ultimate driving machine. Plus, it incorporates much of the ride of an S class, handling of a 7 series and smoothness of an LS all in one. And there is no better interior in any car south of 200k than in the A8. After all, it was built off the Bentley Continental frame.
Old 10-11-12, 01:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The A8 is a very under-appreciated car I agree...

I don't know that I would buy one and keep it a long time though like I'd be comfortable doing with an LS. All that technology coupled with suspect Audi/VW electrical reliability...
Old 10-11-12, 05:23 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the Audi but that orange/red interior lighting "suck"!!!! Looks cheap IMOP.
Old 10-11-12, 05:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Eh, everythings different. Red backlighting is actually more effective, it doesnt effect your night vision the way other colors do, thats why BMW always uses it.
Old 10-11-12, 08:31 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Eh, everythings different. Red backlighting is actually more effective, it doesnt effect your night vision the way other colors do, thats why BMW always uses it.
U might as well drive a Pontiac, it SUCKS!!!!
Old 10-11-12, 08:33 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

And that is why Mercedes uses the same interior lighting as Lexus. Great job Mercedes!!!!
Old 10-11-12, 10:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SBlexus
U might as well drive a Pontiac, it SUCKS!!!!
That's your opinion, but BMWs and Audis are pretty popular all over the world, so plenty of people disagree with you...or even more likely just don't care because its such a minor thing.

Much more to a car than the color of the backlit dash

And historically Mercedes does not use the same interior lighting as Lexus, Lexus has typically had green backlighting, and has just recently switched to a whitish, bluish color.
Old 10-12-12, 08:05 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW10ES
That's your opinion, but BMWs and Audis are pretty popular all over the world, so plenty of people disagree with you...or even more likely just don't care because its such a minor thing.

Much more to a car than the color of the backlit dash

And historically Mercedes does not use the same interior lighting as Lexus, Lexus has typically had green backlighting, and has just recently switched to a whitish, bluish color.
First off this is a lexus form and I'm talking about the newer Mercedes dash lights and second it is my opinion and everyone has one just like their rear end. That still doesn't change my opinion the red sucks. Third I can careless of what "plenty of people disagree with". I think that Lexus did a great job with the xenon white back lighting, it looks a lot better than that 1980's puke green. Welcome to the new millennium. Maybe u need to learn more about a car than the back lite dash, I know history about the car brands we are speaking on I'm around the all day,Mr. Es STEP UP YOUR GAME!!!
Old 10-12-12, 09:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Everyone keep this constructive or you are exiting this thread.

SB, you can express opinions just like others, but you need to learn how to respect others. If you don't know how to do that constructively then you shouldn't start a post that is so negative and offensive. This is a Lexus forum, bu we are not masking other voices
Old 10-13-12, 08:36 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
Everyone keep this constructive or you are exiting this thread.

SB, you can express opinions just like others, but you need to learn how to respect others. If you don't know how to do that constructively then you shouldn't start a post that is so negative and offensive. This is a Lexus forum, bu we are not masking other voices
It's funny that that every time someone has a opinion you guys can comment and say whatever you want and make slick comments about it, but when u speak up for yourself after someone say something negative about your comments it's a problem. I said I didn't like the red lights that's imop and theirs nothing wrong with that. I'm a grown man I carry myself that way and I'm gonna speak up when I feel I must defend myself and my position. So if you want to moderate someone moderate the other guy. By the way I didn't start a negative post I responded to one. You guys need to practice what yo preach. Feel free to do what you want but if you gonna do your job and moderate do it the right way and don't be one sided.
Old 10-13-12, 08:44 AM
MyLS460
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I decided not to read through as I am sure by now you will have had conflicting inputs. Suggest that you would sit down and identify attributes you like of each of the models and give them scores then tally 'em up.

My personal experience/favorable bias is towards Lexus. I currently own a 2004 SC430 (28k miles) and have just bought a 2008 LS460 (26K miles) - the Lexus service is simply impeccable; I only take them in for simple maintenance activities. What I know of BWW is that the ride is sportier/stiffer (typical German design) . . . when they are not in the shop for repair . . .

You just cannot do wrong with any Lexus!
Old 10-13-12, 08:45 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Obviously we are all biased towards Lexus, I've been around Lexus for 15 years. BUT, being a car person there are a lot of other great cars out there, and they've all gotten a lot better due in part perhaps to Lexus. The new Audis are great cars, especially the A8 which is fresher in design than the LS, as is the new 7 series. The LS is not a sporty or engaging car to drive, so if thats something thats important to you then its not the right car for you. If I were buying a car in that range, I would buy an LS...but that doesn't mean the LS is the end all and be all to everyone, its not. I know plenty of people who would never even consider an LS.

When the discussion degrades to the point where the only voice is the fanboy typing that things suck in all caps and attacking someone for even mentioning that there might be another car that is worth considering, then this forum becomes worthless IMHO. Sitting around patting each other on the back talking about how much we agree with each other and how much everybody else sucks gets boring.

Better competition makes Lexus better. If all they have to do is build a car with an "L" on the grille and everybody will buy it, we won't get good products.

Last edited by SW17LS; 10-13-12 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-13-12, 10:17 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Look dude I got plenty other car besides the 2 Lexus that I own and I never dismissed your opinion but you did mine. And I'm not a "fanboy" I'm a "man" do your homework. I think it's great that everyone has an opinion but it doesn't makes yours right. You guys like to dumb down other people opinion on this site that don't sway your way that's not cool. I'm a car lover and theirs things I like on cars and things I don't like and I'm not gonna let anyone silence me nor am I gonna go with the flow. Read all of my comments on this forum and you will see that I have only responded back to negative comments. So take it however you take it, if I wanted to read about Audi BMW and Mercedes I would have bought one and joined their forum. So lets end this on a good note enjoy this page peace out!!!!
Old 10-13-12, 12:57 PM
MyLS460
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed with all - PEACE OUT, please! You all have contributed to the forum here! The next person, hopefully the last for the thread is Mark on his decision . . . DRUM ROLL . . .

Last edited by MyLS460; 10-13-12 at 01:02 PM.

Quick Reply: LS460L or BMW 750IL?? HELP ME - I cant decide!