LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Did this happen to anyone else at work today? I felt like Lexus PR..

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-06, 09:00 PM
LexFather

Talking Did this happen to anyone else at work today? I felt like Lexus PR..

I rarely watch T.V but clearly tons of people do .. I must have spent a couple hours at work today explaining the new LS to people there. Most know I am a car nut and Lexus fanatic so I was their source of info

I must of gotten maybe 10 people to say the same thing "does the car really park itself"

I had to explain it was not a trick and maybe check out vids on youtube to see for yourself. Then people wanted to know what else the car had.

This is from entry level workers to exec's. Seems everyone was watching football (kudos to Lexus for choosing a great spot to advertise)...

So tonight I am brushing up on my LS speak

Again, this car is going to be the LS hit like in 1989.......these people are not car nuts and they really like the car.

One last thing, when I told people that asked the price, I got a couple and I had to tell them this was the most expensive Lexus produced to date.
Old 10-23-06, 11:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha, well, that's why i keep very low profile about what i know at work. i don't have much patience
Old 11-01-06, 07:55 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I rarely watch T.V but clearly tons of people do .. I must have spent a couple hours at work today explaining the new LS to people there. Most know I am a car nut and Lexus fanatic so I was their source of info

I must of gotten maybe 10 people to say the same thing "does the car really park itself"

I had to explain it was not a trick and maybe check out vids on youtube to see for yourself. Then people wanted to know what else the car had.

This is from entry level workers to exec's. Seems everyone was watching football (kudos to Lexus for choosing a great spot to advertise)...

So tonight I am brushing up on my LS speak

Again, this car is going to be the LS hit like in 1989.......these people are not car nuts and they really like the car.

One last thing, when I told people that asked the price, I got a couple and I had to tell them this was the most expensive Lexus produced to date.
Yeah I thought I was the only one feeling this way, my neighbor approached me this morning as I was taking my kids to school and he questioned the hell out of me but what is so funny to me is he just bought a Chrysler 300C and he swore it was the best car on the road and he has always said that it was as good as a Lexus YEAH RIGHT!!! So I told him that is like comparing a mansion to a studio apartment now he wants to trade it in so I said bring plenty of cash cause youre in for a shock when the dealer tells you what youre car is really worth
Old 11-01-06, 12:56 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
Yeah I thought I was the only one feeling this way, my neighbor approached me this morning as I was taking my kids to school and he questioned the hell out of me but what is so funny to me is he just bought a Chrysler 300C and he swore it was the best car on the road and he has always said that it was as good as a Lexus YEAH RIGHT!!! So I told him that is like comparing a mansion to a studio apartment now he wants to trade it in so I said bring plenty of cash cause youre in for a shock when the dealer tells you what youre car is really worth
lol. Can't be that bad. I'm sure the 300C is in demand in the used car market.
Old 11-01-06, 01:14 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
he just bought a Chrysler 300C and he swore it was the best car on the road and he has always said that it was as good as a Lexus YEAH RIGHT!!! So I told him that is like comparing a mansion to a studio apartment now he wants to trade it in so I said bring plenty of cash cause youre in for a shock when the dealer tells you what youre car is really worth
I can't believe you told him that (I would tell my wife that about him but would never tell him that directly)! He certainly received a slap!
Old 11-01-06, 10:03 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Does anyone have any numbers on how much Lexus is spending in advertising or even relative to the other car companies?