LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone getting Discount?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-06, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Getting a $5500 discount for a 07 when the 08 comes out in Nov.or Dec 07 is like getting no discount at all LOL, the car will be already like one year old even if it has less than 10 miles on the odom. . . . . . . .
and i am not sure if the LS can hold the price at msrp for that long?

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
I think Lexus dealers are forbidden from marking up over MSRP on any car, best they can do is to option out their allocations with Nav/ML/Comfort etc. I really doubt anyones going to get a discount, local dealer probably has close to 200 people on a wait list for the LS and this dealer is 1 of 4 dealers in the houston area. No dealer has the need to discount on a such a hot and demanded vehicle. Lexus making stunning cars that sell out quickly for MSRP is going to make dealers very profitable and of course they love that
yup that's true, but like i said before, they can put on 500 bucks tint, 7000 bucks chrome wheels, etc...
Old 10-27-06, 12:00 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Edmunds now has dealer invoice pricing on the web

I just noticed that Edmunds posted the dealer invoice pricing on their web site for the LS460. On a car with a sticker price of $85,146, the dealer invoice is $72,843. That's not including the dealer holdback, plus any after market accessories they try and throw on.

That's quite a spread, and for now I'm sure they are enjoying making the full spread on every car they sell. However, I would anticipate being able to get at least a $3,000 discount by the end of the year. I just don't believe that demand will continue at the current level once more cars ship to the dealers. There is still plenty of competition from MBZ, BMW and Audi, who may be just a little more motivated than Lexus right now to push some high end cars out the door.

If you are looking for a lease, the other manufacturers all have more attractive rates in place as well. Lexus is not doing anything to promote leasing an LS460 now, and I doubt many people who need to lease a car will pay the ridiculous rates the dealers are currently quoting.
Old 10-27-06, 01:58 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My local dealer doesn't like to negotiate on ANY thing. In fact they act downright uppity about it, like I'm crazy for even thinking that they could sell below sticker price.

Anyhow... what dealers are known for responding well to low-ball offers? In a year or so I might consider the LS460 but would really only offer invoice + warranty @ MSRP, + shipping...

I mean they'd make a good solid thousand bucks profit, at least, on the warranty, plus kick-back on the car even at invoice price.

Anyone think that's possible a year from now? I wouldn't care if it's a late 07 or an early 08 either... beggars can't be choosers.
Old 10-27-06, 08:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by exBMWowner
I just noticed that Edmunds posted the dealer invoice pricing on their web site for the LS460. On a car with a sticker price of $85,146, the dealer invoice is $72,843. That's not including the dealer holdback, plus any after market accessories they try and throw on.

That's quite a spread, and for now I'm sure they are enjoying making the full spread on every car they sell. However, I would anticipate being able to get at least a $3,000 discount by the end of the year. I just don't believe that demand will continue at the current level once more cars ship to the dealers. There is still plenty of competition from MBZ, BMW and Audi, who may be just a little more motivated than Lexus right now to push some high end cars out the door.

If you are looking for a lease, the other manufacturers all have more attractive rates in place as well. Lexus is not doing anything to promote leasing an LS460 now, and I doubt many people who need to lease a car will pay the ridiculous rates the dealers are currently quoting.
omg, that's so damn sweet!!!!! so invoice is 72k for the ls460l with most options. that's not bad at all!
Old 10-27-06, 08:40 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
omg, that's so damn sweet!!!!! so invoice is 72k for the ls460l with most options. that's not bad at all!
Well, it's only sweet if you can get it for at or near invoice - otherwise it's just sweat for the dealer.
Old 10-27-06, 10:09 PM
brt3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
My local dealer doesn't like to negotiate on ANY thing... In a year or so I might consider the LS460 but would really only offer invoice + warranty @ MSRP, + shipping. I mean they'd make a good solid thousand bucks profit, at least, on the warranty, plus kick-back on the car even at invoice price...
To be honest, after going through the fun & games of Mercedes (5 over the past 12 years) and BMW (3 over the past 8 years) ownership, I want Lexus to maintain an appropriate margin that allows dealers to offer superior service. I'd love to buy a car like this at MSRP, but I just don't see that happening for quite some time. I don't think the LS460 is perfect, but it's a lot closer than anything on the market right now.

We got 22 mpg on our first tank; after averaging 16 mpg on our Phaeton, we are really enjoying the range on our LS460L...
Old 10-28-06, 10:07 AM
Patric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brt3
We got 22 mpg on our first tank; after averaging 16 mpg on our Phaeton, we are really enjoying the range on our LS460L...
Thats substantial.

Does your Phaeton have the V8 or W12?

Pat
Old 10-28-06, 11:18 AM
cowdung
Rookie

I got a discount of say around $30K. Its always good to know people in the right places! The rich get richer!
Old 10-28-06, 03:11 PM
brt3
Driver

Originally Posted by Patric
Thats substantial. Does your Phaeton have the V8 or W12?
V8...
The Lexus mpg will probably average closer to 20mpg for us; we've taken it on a few longer drives (than our normal pattern) since it's new...
Old 10-28-06, 04:31 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brt3
To be honest, after going through the fun & games of Mercedes (5 over the past 12 years) and BMW (3 over the past 8 years) ownership, I want Lexus to maintain an appropriate margin that allows dealers to offer superior service.
You are right that Lexus service kills every other manufacturer. I have also heard the VW service is really lacking so I am sure you are happy to be taken care of by Lexus.

I dread taking my Porsche in for the first time as I have heard that they are horrible in Pittsburgh. Fortunately the first Porsche service isn't until 20,000 miles!
Old 10-30-06, 11:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Threxx
Well, it's only sweet if you can get it for at or near invoice - otherwise it's just sweat for the dealer.
maybe not invoice, but i almost always base on invoice when i buy cars
Old 10-31-06, 07:00 PM
blange400
Driver

Default pimpin'

Dealer Dan says... If I'm selling 300 Fords a month..

I can get by on a $500-$1500 margin,

if I sell 40 Lexus, well, I better get a bunch more to stay open.

Then I gotta polish the marble floors and cherry walls!

"It's hard for a pimp in the city".
Old 10-31-06, 07:25 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by exBMWowner

yeah, thats way, way too much, they have wrong info.
Lexus dealer makes less than that after everything calculated in 12%-13%. Thats not "invoice", which is in reality never correct and true invoice price is always lower and in line with margin above.

I wish dealers were making 18% on their cars, that would be some life!
Old 11-01-06, 12:55 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Yeah I'd be wary of that invoice price. From my previous Lexus experience, those Edmunds, Consumer Reports, etc...have never been accurate. The only place I've seen accurate invoices is CarsDirect.com
And yes, it does sound too high of profit margin to me also.......
Old 11-01-06, 03:24 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I'm miscalculating something, but isn't 72,843/85,146 = .8488, which would mean that the margin is 1 - .8488, or .1512, which would be 15%?

Would anyone from the dealer community like to confirm whether Edmunds has accurate invoice numbers on their web site?

Quick Reply: Anyone getting Discount?