LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone getting Discount?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06, 05:57 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, it's still is a seelers market here in MD. My business partneer and I have ordered 2 LS's and were able to get a very little (almost nothing) discount. Maybe if we were ordering the SWB version I would probably be getting a much lager discount. Out of 20 Ls's that my delaer is getting with December allocation, only 1 is LWB, and it's mine. My partner has to wait untill beginig of February for his. It will probably get much better in the summer time or hen Ls600h comes out. I guess will see. I can tell you that you can get a pretty good deal on a BMW 750 at this time. I was quoted $1300 including taxes on the 750Li 3 monhs ago and just got a call from a dealer not too long ago asking me if I want to pick it up at 1100/month now. I turned him down. I hope I'm making a right decision. This would be my first Lexus.
Dmitry
Old 12-14-06, 09:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Liz, call me up when you know i can get a LS460L at invoice or close to invoice with all the options.
sigh, so many people getting in front of me

well, i have to say though, the ls460l/600hl is getting farther and farther away
Old 12-15-06, 08:07 AM
lexus111
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dimapb
Well, it's still is a seelers market here in MD. My business partneer and I have ordered 2 LS's and were able to get a very little (almost nothing) discount. Maybe if we were ordering the SWB version I would probably be getting a much lager discount. Out of 20 Ls's that my delaer is getting with December allocation, only 1 is LWB, and it's mine. My partner has to wait untill beginig of February for his. It will probably get much better in the summer time or hen Ls600h comes out. I guess will see. I can tell you that you can get a pretty good deal on a BMW 750 at this time. I was quoted $1300 including taxes on the 750Li 3 monhs ago and just got a call from a dealer not too long ago asking me if I want to pick it up at 1100/month now. I turned him down. I hope I'm making a right decision. This would be my first Lexus.
Dmitry
You are both going to LOVE your cars!!! I got my LWB on 12/11/2006 and it is INCREDIBLE!!! It is the best car that I have ever owned!!!

There are soooo many features on this car that you can't help but be happy every time you get in the car!!!

I usually buy all of my cars through an auto broker friend of mine that I have know since High School back in 1984. This car I ended up using the local Las Vegas dealer since there are NO discounts especially on the LWB. I had a hard time justifying paying MSRP when I knew the actual invoice amount to the dealer was about $13,000 less.... I finally oredered mine back in November and like I said I took delivery on 12/11.

I can honestly say that now that I have driven the car for almost a week that I would gladly have paid more for this car. I test drove the SWB before I ordered mine and was only able to test drive for about 4 miles.

If anyone is on the fence with a purchase of this car all that you need to do is see if you can test drive it for about 10-15 miles including some freeway driving and you will be SOLD!!!

A few things here as I plan on a more detailed review later next week.

The car is quiet!!!!
The ML stereo is incredible!!!
The car is FAST!!! I have only stepped on it about halfway down so far!!!
Everything in the car has been well planned by Lexus!!!

I will expand on a later posting.

BTW in other postings people mention some negative items....

1. Wind Noise..... only slight from the mirrors at about 70 MPH or more... very slight and you can only here it because there is NO OTHER noises.

2. Left foot resting area for driver... NO problem here and I am 5'11"

3. Trunk space... I have the luxury package with rear seats that can recline and the Cool/Heat function. No problem here..the trunk is the same as without this feature... The Cool box and seperate Rear A/C option car is the one that has a smaller trunk and most of the cars don't come with that.

4. Handling... The car handles really well. I traded in a 2006 Acura RL with the Super-handling AWD. That car handled a little better on turns and some other things but was VERY bumpy compared to this car and I would definitely take this ride and handling over the RL anyday... I test drove a Mercedes S550 and the BMW 7 series and yes the 7 handles better but EVERYTHING else was .... well ..... BMW if you know what I mean..... The S550 was nice too but I like the styling of the Lexus better and again did NOT want the Maintenance issues... PLUS the BMW and the Mercedes don't even come close to how well everything in the Lexus has been well thought out in its placement and features.

I wish you the best in your wait for your cars... It was hard for me to wait the 6 weeks to get mine but it is just like everything in life.... once it is here you won't remember the wait being all that bad... not to mention that this car is definitely worth the wait. Knowing what I know now about this car I would have waited 6 more months if I had to, the car is that good.

Look for my posting next week about my full review of my experience with the car
Old 12-15-06, 09:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lexus111, i say that is a very good preview of your full version