LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 L Exec. Impressions at Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-06, 05:19 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LS460 L Exec. Impressions at Dealer

So I dropped by my local dealer to check out the new LS460.

They had none in the showroom but did have an LS460 L Executive Package that they could show people in the canopy. Did I mention it was black on black?

First thing's first. Let's get that boot space issue out of the way. The boot has a large opening and it is very wide and somewhat shallow. The cool box does take away depth but as there wasn't a vehicle without the box available, I couldn't compare. However, judging by what I saw, you can probably fit 2 golf bags, maybe 3 if they're narrower. But there's definitely plenty of space for everything else incl. a trip for 4. That's assuming the owners don't bring the whole house with them on vacation

The Shiatsu massage is odd. I suppose that's because I never had a Shiatsu massage before. There are 4 levels, starting at the lower back and ending at the shoulders. You can adjust the speed at which those "bars" protrude from the seat and how intense. The vibrating function is a nice touch cause the massage felt weird without it. I couldn't fully extend the ottoman because my foot would hit the front seat if I did so if you're shorter than 6', you're fine in the ottoman.

The left rear seat reclines to a comfortable level and you still have plenty of space to relax. The cool box is moved to the lower centre console box (i.e. the armrest is the cover for the box) instead of between the seats where the pass-thru would be in the old LS. This means, only the Executive Package will have a fridge. I thought this was an oversight since they do have space between the seats, below the DVD player but they decided to put a felt-lined box instead.

Hmm, what else that hasn't been mentioned here. I didn't try the APGS cause the salesman said they can't move the car (probably in the process of being sold or something) but he said they'll have a loaded SWB model ready by next week for test drive!
Old 11-12-06, 06:24 PM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you think of the design?
Old 11-12-06, 06:33 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds great!!! At Taste of Lexus I tried the seat, they allowed power recline but the massage was powered off!

Just one correction--there IS a cool box on the LS 460 L without the Exec Class Package. It is located in the same spot as on the LS 430 UL package. I saw that one for myself firsthand, and brt3 has an LS 460 L with a cool box.

On the LS 460 L with Exec Class package, the cool box is in a different location as you found. So the LS comes with cool boxes in 2 different locations depending on the package.
Old 11-12-06, 07:30 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

As Enigma, pointed out, an LS460L with the Lux package and Rear Seat Upgrade, will come with the cool box. In addition to the Exec Package having the cool box.
Old 11-12-06, 08:03 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Yep, 2 full golf bags is about right for the trunk with the rear seat upgrade or exec. package. I 've checked the regular LS460 trunk space too, its much deeper, so I can believe that you lose about one third of the luggage space with the rear seat upgrade.
I think you can take 4 for a weekend getaway, you just have to use the right kind of luggage bags, the soft, more flexible type. You can't use the executive seat with 4 in the car though as the front seat is not usable when the executive seat is fully extended. It becomes a 3 seater. Not sure the executive package is for me yet.

I have spent no more than 20 minutes looking at them during lunch a couple days ago, there was only one SWB there & 3 LWB. I prefer the looks of the LWB, & of course the additional options that comes with it. I will probably go to a launch party next week to see them again.
Old 11-12-06, 11:36 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusls430
What did you think of the design?
I thought it looked "small". IOW, it looked like the regular LS430. In the S-Class and 7 series and XJ, you can tell if it's the long wheelbase model. However, the SWB version of those cars look short. I think Lexus is a bit more subtle in that respect. Maybe Lexus has a way of making their SWB look normal length so the extra length of the LWB doesn't seem that drastic (hope that made sense haha). However, it might be my eyes deceiving me because it was gloomy (Heavy Rainfall Warning in effect in my area), the car was under a canopy (so even more light blocked out), parked between an old ES and new GS and also the LS was in black. However, when I sat in the rear seat, it's anything but "small". If anything, you won't need to hire a limo any more.

Originally Posted by enigma888
Sounds great!!! At Taste of Lexus I tried the seat, they allowed power recline but the massage was powered off!

Just one correction--there IS a cool box on the LS 460 L without the Exec Class Package. It is located in the same spot as on the LS 430 UL package. I saw that one for myself firsthand, and brt3 has an LS 460 L with a cool box.

On the LS 460 L with Exec Class package, the cool box is in a different location as you found. So the LS comes with cool boxes in 2 different locations depending on the package.
Ok then, the salesman was wrong lol. I was wondering why they switched positions of the fridge in the new LS. Nice to know they still have it in lower packages.

The massage is sorta like lumbar support bar protruding at 4 different levels.

Originally Posted by GS430 GUY
As Enigma, pointed out, an LS460L with the Lux package and Rear Seat Upgrade, will come with the cool box. In addition to the Exec Package having the cool box.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Yep, 2 full golf bags is about right for the trunk with the rear seat upgrade or exec. package. I 've checked the regular LS460 trunk space too, its much deeper, so I can believe that you lose about one third of the luggage space with the rear seat upgrade.
I think you can take 4 for a weekend getaway, you just have to use the right kind of luggage bags, the soft, more flexible type. You can't use the executive seat with 4 in the car though as the front seat is not usable when the executive seat is fully extended. It becomes a 3 seater. Not sure the executive package is for me yet.

I have spent no more than 20 minutes looking at them during lunch a couple days ago, there was only one SWB there & 3 LWB. I prefer the looks of the LWB, & of course the additional options that comes with it. I will probably go to a launch party next week to see them again.
The LWB I had was black on black with dark wood. It looks really really classy. At least, I think it was Obsidian black. It was under a canopy and it was raining today so to the best of my eyes, it's black

Oddly enough, the car was running low on fuel (¼ tank left). I couldn't turn the rear Auto A/C off from the rear. Pressing OFF in the centre console did nothing. Any idea? Also, at 25.5°C, it was stil blowing A/C and it's really cold! The rear was in full AUTO. I don't think the front was overriding it, was it?
Old 11-13-06, 05:13 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Oddly enough, the car was running low on fuel (¼ tank left). I couldn't turn the rear Auto A/C off from the rear. Pressing OFF in the centre console did nothing. Any idea? Also, at 25.5°C, it was stil blowing A/C and it's really cold! The rear was in full AUTO. I don't think the front was overriding it, was it?
There is an override in the front. I read about it overriding the audio. Don't know if it can override everything. My grandson was in the car the other day and I felt it safer to just leave the center console up. Once he sees those buttons, he will be exploring for sure.
Old 11-13-06, 10:16 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

I finally had a chance to see the new LS460l at dealer in the GTA.

The car was sitting right in the parking lot next to a RX330. It really fit in well and was hard to distinguish compared with all the Lexus in the lot.

The car was jet black and was cover in dirt all over the side doors and rear. It has a dealer lexus plate on it.

Overall the car is much better in person on a dealer lot that at any autoshow. The car is very long and very impressive. Paint quality looks great, could see inside but the car was locked.
Old 11-13-06, 10:52 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also saw the trunk of the LS 460 L Exec package at Taste of Lexus, and my feeling was that it was like the LS 460 L with 4-zone climate control. Still capacious enough...nowhere near hybrid small trunk levels.
Old 11-13-06, 01:38 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by enigma888
I also saw the trunk of the LS 460 L Exec package at Taste of Lexus, and my feeling was that it was like the LS 460 L with 4-zone climate control. Still capacious enough...nowhere near hybrid small trunk levels.
Yes, the trunk with the executive package is still significantly larger than the one in the GS450h.
Old 11-20-06, 03:54 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Hmm, I saw that LS460 L again... this time, with its owner on the road. I hope he doesn't find out that people were allowed to sit in it before he took possession.
Old 11-20-06, 06:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Hahaha, I don't think you can really avoid that. Nobody can be sure how many have sat in / examined a new car you took delivery of, as long as everything is in perfect condition, & it has less than 10 km on the odom . . .
Old 11-20-06, 10:04 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Mine had 3km... I don't think they even did a road test on mine. I went there right after school when the car arrived.

Our other family cars had 40km on them on the dot.
Old 11-21-06, 07:07 AM
Car Nut
Driver

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Mine had 3km... I don't think they even did a road test on mine. I went there right after school when the car arrived.

Our other family cars had 40km on them on the dot.

Did your car have a protective film on the hood and fenders when you got it?
Old 11-21-06, 04:54 PM
02FXSTI
Driver School Candidate

As someone stated above, "There IS a cool box on the LS 460 L without the Exec Class Package. It is located in the same spot as on the LS 430 UL package." I have a 430U.L. and a 460L, the coolers are identical. The trunk space however is much smaller in the 460L. The overhang is shorter, car looks better, but I miss the space.

Quick Reply: LS460 L Exec. Impressions at Dealer