LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Picking up my LS460 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 09:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
Yes, I've been leasing most of them lately.
that makes a lot of sense, mark so it was very hard selling the car to susan already huh? i can see, the previous car was pretty "small"

so how do you like the car so far mark? nice? ok? slow?

15 lexus that's quite amazing man. i think another member here (in car chat) had like 20+. you guys are so head to head
Old 11-17-06, 10:00 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car is amazingly comfortable. I find the brakes kind of grabby. Maybe they need to break in a bit. It feels plenty powerful off the line not slow at all. As most of the professional reviewers say there is a lot of body roll in corners but I didn't buy this car to do any canyon carving. That's what a 911 is for. I wanted a supremely comfortable cruiser with all the ammenities and this is it.

The only thing I find disapointing is that the door finishers don't light up the Lexus name when you open the doors. The IS350 has that so why wouldn't the flagship do the same.
Old 11-17-06, 12:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

The only thing I find disapointing is that the door finishers don't light up the Lexus name when you open the doors. The IS350 has that so why wouldn't the flagship do the same.
Lexus probably thinks that more a young person's 'bling' and more for the IS target market.
Old 11-17-06, 02:04 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The car is amazingly comfortable. I find the brakes kind of grabby. Maybe they need to break in a bit. It feels plenty powerful off the line not slow at all. As most of the professional reviewers say there is a lot of body roll in corners but I didn't buy this car to do any canyon carving. That's what a 911 is for. I wanted a supremely comfortable cruiser with all the ammenities and this is it.

I agree with this but I have to substitute boxster for 911

Funny about the Lex plate. My wife's RX330 lights also.
Old 11-17-06, 10:47 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Lexus probably thinks that more a young person's 'bling' and more for the IS target market.

However, our 07 RX400h has this feature (door finisher's Lexus light) so go figure. It wasn't in the GS 450h either so seems to be hit and miss. It's nice but unimportant but I'd still vote to include it across the model line. Can't be a cost issue, so why not include it?
Old 11-17-06, 11:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm thinking that they might be available in Japan as shown here...

http://lexus.jp/models/ls/spec/accessory/interior.html
Old 11-18-06, 04:24 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those lucky dogs get the side indicator lights also.

I know that Mercedes charges $500 for the illuminated door sills.
Old 11-18-06, 08:24 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Default Took some pics

Took a few pics this morning
Attached Thumbnails Picking up my LS460 tonight-ls460-front.jpg  
Old 11-18-06, 08:34 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Here is the inside. I'm not sure about the dark grey floor mats from an aesthics view but they wear much better.
Attached Thumbnails Picking up my LS460 tonight-ls_interior.jpg  
Old 11-18-06, 09:56 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Regular customer????? Wow, by my count you should own the dealership!!! LOL!!!! 15 Lexus!!!! I am not worthy!!!!!
No kidding. Seems like you put a couple of that dealer's children in college

Congrats on the car. An LS is for the buttery smoooooth ride, not the bone jarring ride so-you-can-feel-every-bump-on-the-road

I didnt' like it when only the sc430, rx, and IS (optional) have the illuminated door sill. Actually other big sedans don't have them either.

Originally Posted by luxury1
Those lucky dogs get the side indicator lights also.

I know that Mercedes charges $500 for the illuminated door sills.
If you go to formymercedes.com, they have them a lot cheaper, but you have to install them on your own.
I was thinking about picking up a set.
Old 11-18-06, 10:07 AM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Stay home, keep the money in the bank, and drive one of the other cars in the fleet.
Old 11-18-06, 10:19 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Crap!!!!! The car has around 140 miles on the odometer and I got a freakin speeding ticket in it already. Tried to tell the cop I had no idea how fast I was going in this new car because it was so quiet and smooth, etc. So he says don't you know where the speedometer is located? I played dumb and told him I was having trouble finding it's location but he didn't believe me and wrote me up for 66 in a 50. That Bastard! Less than 1/2 mile from my house too. Oh well. Guess it was a good thing he wasn't out on the freeway this morning when I was going about 95.
Old 11-18-06, 10:25 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, I've been leasing most of them lately.
Since you lease I assume the only mod you can do would be wheels. Are you gonna put wheels on it? Not that it needs them. I love the LS460 stock. It's the only Lexus I could drive stock.....naw....I have to do wheels.

Congrats on the new ride. Post pics asap.
Old 11-18-06, 10:40 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reggiek
Since you lease I assume the only mod you can do would be wheels. Are you gonna put wheels on it? Not that it needs them. I love the LS460 stock. It's the only Lexus I could drive stock.....naw....I have to do wheels.

Congrats on the new ride. Post pics asap.
I would consider getting some nice wheels for it if I can get some decent credit towards them for turning in the stock wheels.
Old 11-18-06, 12:15 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pics look beautiful!!! Gorgeous interior. I agree that the mats are a bit off aesthetically but if they keep the car cleaner, that's good.

Watch out for the excessive speed! The reviewers were warning that you could go a lot faster than you realize because the car is too smooth. Consider the ticket a blessing in disguise. Enjoy your car!

Quick Reply: Picking up my LS460 tonight