LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Painting exterior chrome trim on LS460

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 06:22 AM
hybrids14
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
hahhaa at least you are able to afford all those cars in taiwan, that's not easy. so do you hang out with all the other cool exotic owners during the weekend on those fun drives around town to show off?

anyway, car looks very mean now with everything blacked out. for the interior wood, i would definitely say piano black. saw the combo on bmw and it's just SICK
I did piano black on my Audi A4, it turned out good. I know carbon fiber is a lot more work than just piano black paint, I still haven't decided yet, so in the meantime I just want to enjoy my car before I take it apart again... lol.
During the weekends I usually take my Japanese pocket rockets to run with my friend's exotics. We usually take exotics out not to show off, but to really run the cars to our best ability. Some of my friends have exotics (GT2, F430, SLK55, etc) here, and they just drive it on the weekends either running 250km/h+ on freeways late night or going up mountain roads. Fastest speed I ever done was 240km/h(approx. 150mph) on local. I don't like endangering other people and would only drive fast on centain streets that we're familiar with or only on my private 2.5km road here. Cops here don't really bother pulling us over since their cars are "turtles" and there's no helicopter to catch us. Well, actually I'm to lazy to even go get a driver's license for this country... oh wells...
Old 12-11-06, 06:26 AM
hybrids14
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SexEndaLex
Cool...can't complain as long as you're sure that the job will be done right. There are some dealers here in the U.S. that can't even get a spoiler on right *cough Longo cough*, this poor guy on the IS thread practically needs to get a new trunk lid because they tried fitting a decklid spoiler 3 times, and still didn't get it right.

Yeah I know, it's not my car, but I still worry for my fellow Lexus brethren
A lot of dealers in the U.S. are not even trained correctly. Same with this country, therefore I only took it to factory trained certified Lexus/Toyota mechanic that is familiar with the LS460. I still haven't put on the carbon/piano black paint yet, I want to enjoy the car first and wait for my 22". So far all I did to the interior was change most of the lights to LED white bulbs, that's all.

P.S. Below is a picture of my car being worked at by the Head Mechanic at the Lexus/Toyota center. (I have special connections to make him work on it... )
Attached Thumbnails Painting exterior chrome trim on LS460-dsc00116.jpg  

Last edited by hybrids14; 12-11-06 at 06:39 AM. Reason: forgot to add pic