LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How to lower new LS??????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-06, 07:01 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to lower new LS??????????

i remember seeing something like a cut screw like the mercedes air suspensions, ideas?????????
Old 11-30-06, 08:50 PM
hybrids14
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnsRX
i remember seeing something like a cut screw like the mercedes air suspensions, ideas?????????
John Da Man, I believe we need to wait for some type of electronic suspension adjustment unit to over ride the factory setting before this is possible. Car is too new to have this item developed. I lowered my car to the lowest setting by accident while playing around with the brake calipers. Car is currently going back to Lexus Technician to have them reset all the settings.

P.S. Time for you to go buy a LS460
Old 11-30-06, 09:17 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Buy the Touring L. Its already nearly a half inch lower than the regular versions. I wouldn't want it any lower but others certainly may.
Old 11-30-06, 09:27 PM
hybrids14
Rookie

Originally Posted by JohnsRX
John, I found what we're looking for. Under the Japanese website, it stated that "At present time, there is no air suspension controller or a private harness which conform to rec suspension LS460." But right above it they also said that it's under development. However, they already have a TV-kit and TV+Nav kit that works. Here is the link http://www.datasystem.co.jp/ I hope they can have it available soon.
Old 11-30-06, 11:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, they are doing this fast, awesome!!! hybrids14, please make sure you are the first to show us a nicely modded ls460!
Old 12-01-06, 06:39 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hybrids14
John, I found what we're looking for. Under the Japanese website, it stated that "At present time, there is no air suspension controller or a private harness which conform to rec suspension LS460." But right above it they also said that it's under development. However, they already have a TV-kit and TV+Nav kit that works. Here is the link http://www.datasystem.co.jp/ I hope they can have it available soon.
Hybrids,
Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm new to Lexus, but I've installed Eclipse in my wife's Sequoia which has the same Lockout feature in it and is made by the same company that makes Nav units for Lexus and I was able to bypass it by grounding the Emergency Brake wire. Has anyone tried doing it with the new gen Nav units? I can't wait for my LS to come in so that I could try it. My LS is arriving Dec. 15, and once I get it I'll try it and let you guys know.

Dmitry
Old 12-01-06, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by dimapb
Hybrids,
Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm new to Lexus, but I've installed Eclipse in my wife's Sequoia which has the same Lockout feature in it and is made by the same company that makes Nav units for Lexus and I was able to bypass it by grounding the Emergency Brake wire. Has anyone tried doing it with the new gen Nav units? I can't wait for my LS to come in so that I could try it. My LS is arriving Dec. 15, and once I get it I'll try it and let you guys know.

Dmitry
if you look at the 2is forum, people are doing it already. not sure about the very details, but i think it could be done
Old 12-03-06, 05:24 AM
hybrids14
Rookie

Originally Posted by dimapb
Hybrids,

Dmitry
Dmitry,

The new unit is different from previous Lexus units that I have experience with. Currently only Datasystems have module that works with TV and TV-NAV, but is only available for Japanese models, so I cannot confirm that this will work with your car. This is their webside http://www.datasystem.co.jp/ they are also working on the air suspension controller. My suggestion is to wait until there is a module for it. My old module that my car stereo guy created for the LS430 and the LX470 does NOT work with this car. I'll ask him to take a look at the new system once I have car painted. Also, ordering the Wald Type 1 body kit for my brother has keep me really busy since I don't speak japanese
Old 12-04-06, 11:23 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

bro, make sure every single time u have ur ride in the air. U have to let the car sit at the same spot and idle for 3-5 minutes untill the auto leveling suspension set do its job when ur back on the ground, otherwise the local low ridAs will have u on their VIP list.

Originally Posted by hybrids14
John Da Man, I believe we need to wait for some type of electronic suspension adjustment unit to over ride the factory setting before this is possible. Car is too new to have this item developed. I lowered my car to the lowest setting by accident while playing around with the brake calipers. Car is currently going back to Lexus Technician to have them reset all the settings.

P.S. Time for you to go buy a LS460
Old 04-27-07, 08:56 PM
jpmotdyn
Pole Position

The Datasystem air suspension controller just came out a few days ago. I am going to check with Carson Toyota if they are going to import them.
Old 05-01-07, 08:01 PM
hybrids14
Rookie

http://www.datasystem.co.jp/catalog/ascl/index.html

OMG OMG OMG.... it's FINALLY out.... I need to order 3 of these ^^
Old 05-02-07, 07:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

The manual...

http://www.r-spec.com/catalog/pdf/asc.pdf
Old 05-02-07, 09:10 AM
jpmotdyn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

bit, Isn't that the manual for the older unit? I believe the new unit is the ASC680L and also connects to the monitor. I want to order one but dont want to "test" it out on my new LS!!
Old 05-05-07, 10:52 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 460LEX
Three ?????
he and his brother each own a LS460, I wonder if the 3rd one is for John..... John, did you get a LS too??? Hey I am going back to Taiwan this August. Can you drive the F430 to pick me up????
Old 05-11-07, 12:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

umm, maybe i should tag with mark to taiwan in aug..

i saw the article in the latest vip mag, very very nice