LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New! Just figured out how to access Bluetooth, Video, Satellite screen on LS460

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-06, 07:49 AM
hybrids14
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New! Just figured out how to access Bluetooth, Video, Satellite screen on LS460

Just figured this out. Access the Screen's technician controls, service schedule, bluetooth, etc. by the trick below. I'm in Taiwan so this might not work with all the US models.

1) Without pressing on the brake pedal, push the engine start button so the engine does not start but ignition is on.

2) Hold on to the "DISP" switch on the left side of the screen and switch your headlights from the "off" position and "parking light" position. Keep repeating this procdure while holding on to the "DISP" switch and screen will turn into "TECHNICIAN" mode.

Hopefully this can help people tune part of their screen's access menu. But if you don't know what you're doing, please don't mess around with this.
Old 11-29-06, 09:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah very interesting. is there a "override" button? that might be the way to "unlock" the system when driving?
Old 11-29-06, 09:49 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hybrids14
Just figured this out. Access the Screen's technician controls, service schedule, bluetooth, etc. by the trick below. I'm in Taiwan so this might not work with all the US models.

1) Without pressing on the brake pedal, push the engine start button so the engine does not start but ignition is on.

2) Hold on to the "DISP" switch on the left side of the screen and switch your headlights from the "off" position and "parking light" position. Keep repeating this procdure while holding on to the "DISP" switch and screen will turn into "TECHNICIAN" mode.

Hopefully this can help people tune part of their screen's access menu. But if you don't know what you're doing, please don't mess around with this.
This worked for me also (in the US)! A lot of data just seemed to be for informational purposes. Is there anything that you saw that you can change to make our cars even better?
Old 11-29-06, 11:00 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This worked on my US LS as well. Just toggle about 3-4 times between off and parking lights holding display as indicated.

I looked quickly through the menus and did not see the override but perhaps its deeper in the menus or called something different. Looked like adjustments can be made but I did not try any in my quick look around.
Old 11-29-06, 05:44 PM
hybrids14
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
ah very interesting. is there a "override" button? that might be the way to "unlock" the system when driving?
That was what I was looking for when I discovered this "Technician" mode. So far my plan is to wait for the module to come out.
Old 11-29-06, 09:44 PM
Dlau
Driver School Candidate

Default More Deeper Menu

1) Holding the "DISP" while cycle the light switch on and off 3 times will get you to the "Diagnosis Check I" menu.

2) Touch the "menu" softkey on the top right corner will get you to the "Diagnosis Menu"

3) Touch the top left corner, bottom right corner, top left corner, bottom right corner will get you to the "Product Diagnosis Menu"

Under this "Product Diagnosis Menu" therea are many choices, including:
Drive Recorder; Touch SW adj.; Calibration; Vehicle Signal; Soft Version; Tel Voice; TFT Afj.; Display Memery; SRAM Clear; BT FR TEST; ROM/RAM R/W; Check Sum; and Data Logging.

I discover this by trail and error, but have not discover the "Override" yet.
Hope someone can get to it.

Dlau
Old 11-29-06, 09:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

That was what I was looking for when I discovered this "Technician" mode. So far my plan is to wait for the module to come out.
i know i am way ahead of myself, so that allows you to run the nav and adjust stuff while driving?
Old 11-30-06, 01:03 PM
Barrynsh
Rookie

Works even when the engine is on. Complete check of various things and calibaration of Screen and camera among other things. Need to get a copy of the manual that describes the adjustment. Any chance that it can be obtained somewhere.
Old 11-30-06, 02:30 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds cool, any chance of getting pics...
Old 11-30-06, 05:31 PM
justfixit
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is accessing the Diagnostic Check Mode. This is the same as:
Touch Display
Touch upper left corner, lower left, upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left. This enters a diagnostic mode to check for LAN codes, available GPS satellites, touch screen check etc. This has been available since 1997.

No override available there. Somewhere else maybe
Old 12-03-06, 07:44 PM
hybrids14
Rookie

Originally Posted by luxury1
This worked for me also (in the US)! A lot of data just seemed to be for informational purposes. Is there anything that you saw that you can change to make our cars even better?
A lot of information is here, but mostly for informational purposes. If you're looking for TV, Nav, DVD control while driving. http://www.datasystem.co.jp/ has a system out for TV only and TV-NAV, but is only available for the Japan model. I'll try to bug my stereo guy asap and force him to reseach on this so I can watch DVD, TV, NAV while driving.
Old 12-05-06, 03:19 PM
jotafl
Driver

Question

A lot of information is here, but mostly for informational purposes. If you're looking for TV, Nav, DVD control while driving. http://www.datasystem.co.jp/ has a system out for TV only and TV-NAV, but is only available for the Japan model. I'll try to bug my stereo guy asap and force him to reseach on this so I can watch DVD, TV, NAV while driving.
Any of that information you are referring in english? When I go to that page the expoler is telling me to install the jap language but I can't read japanese? Am I missing something there?
Old 12-06-06, 03:14 AM
hybrids14
Rookie

Originally Posted by jotafl
Any of that information you are referring in english? When I go to that page the expoler is telling me to install the jap language but I can't read japanese? Am I missing something there?
Yup, that website is available only in Japanese. The english version is here http://www.r-spec.com/index.html but it hasn't been updated with all their products yet...
Old 12-06-06, 01:34 PM
jotafl
Driver

Txs, will keep checking on website.
Old 06-20-07, 03:25 PM
dyerucf
Driver School Candidate

Default Updates?

Any updates?

Quick Reply: New! Just figured out how to access Bluetooth, Video, Satellite screen on LS460