LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Took Delivery of my LS460L Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-06, 08:43 AM
ojah
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took Delivery of my LS460L Last Night

Weeks of excited anticipation ended last night when I took delivery of my LS460L (fully loaded, with the Mark Levinson sound system and rear seat upgrades) in Smoky Granite with black leather interior. Completely floored by the beauty of this car! My original order was for Smoky Granite on Grey and it was expected to arrive tomorrow. However this week a Smoky on Black arrived and the person who had ordered it did not turn up. His loss was my gain, and I couldn't be happier with my black interior. When I'm done admiring the car, I'll post some pictures.
Old 12-01-06, 08:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Congratulations Looking forward to see your pics
Old 12-01-06, 09:16 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Congrats

I have the same exact car. (See the Poll on color combinations and you will see that this combo is top on the list.)

Same upgrades etc....

I know your passengers are going to love the car as much as you. Everyone I take in the car is floored by the smoothness and luxury. The best part is showing the people eveything. I usually start outside by saying "look, no Keys" then I touch the handle and the mirrors open and the show begins.

After I show them the front seats, I say, "OK, now lets go to the back" Then they are amazed once they see all the leg room and again when I bring down the center console and they see all the lights and buttons.

I guess showing them the auto open/close trunk is a little bit of a lull after seeing all the things the car has to offer.

Hope you enjoy your car as much as I enjoy mine.
Old 12-01-06, 09:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow congrats man, awesome choice! nice to see another official 4ls owner here
Old 12-01-06, 09:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Ojah . . .

. . . don't forget to post in the roll call (sticky) thread above
Old 12-01-06, 10:44 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! That's a great combo!!!

You're such a balla'...
Old 12-01-06, 11:10 AM
ojah
Rookie

Originally Posted by dfiorito
Congrats

I have the same exact car. (See the Poll on color combinations and you will see that this combo is top on the list.)

Same upgrades etc....

I know your passengers are going to love the car as much as you. Everyone I take in the car is floored by the smoothness and luxury. The best part is showing the people eveything. I usually start outside by saying "look, no Keys" then I touch the handle and the mirrors open and the show begins.

After I show them the front seats, I say, "OK, now lets go to the back" Then they are amazed once they see all the leg room and again when I bring down the center console and they see all the lights and buttons.

I guess showing them the auto open/close trunk is a little bit of a lull after seeing all the things the car has to offer.

Hope you enjoy your car as much as I enjoy mine.
Thanks. Guess what, I'm also discovering previously unsuspected commentator/showman skills. But when I get to the navigation system, it all unravels. Wonder how long it will take me to know it all.
Old 12-01-06, 11:37 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ojah
Thanks. Guess what, I'm also discovering previously unsuspected commentator/showman skills. But when I get to the navigation system, it all unravels. Wonder how long it will take me to know it all.
I was having trouble with the Voice Recognition on the Nav. It is easier to use the touch screen and then ask it to "Show you a List" rather then try to narrow it down yourself. The computer is very picky.

Good Luck
Old 12-01-06, 01:08 PM
clambros
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats .. Great color combo !
Old 12-01-06, 03:12 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Congrats on the new car! Enjoy the new ride
Old 12-01-06, 03:22 PM
sbrown02
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dfiorito
I usually start outside by saying "look, no Keys" then I touch the handle and the mirrors open and the show begins.
dfiorito - What do you mean by, "the mirrors open"? Reason I ask is I recently purchased an 07 GS350 and it has power side mirrors but as far as I can tell they don't work in conjunction with the keyless entry. Just wondering if that's what you're referring to and if so did you or the dealership have to do anything to set them up to work that way.

Thanks

Last edited by sbrown02; 12-01-06 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-01-06, 04:52 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^
The LS 460 L I examined at the dealership, the product tech showed me how the retracting mirrors are linked into the SmartAccess system but for the LS only.
Old 12-01-06, 07:52 PM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sbrown02
dfiorito - What do you mean by, "the mirrors open"? Reason I ask is I recently purchased an 07 GS350 and it has power side mirrors but as far as I can tell they don't work in conjunction with the keyless entry. Just wondering if that's what you're referring to and if so did you or the dealership have to do anything to set them up to work that way.

Thanks
I am not sure how it works. It always did. At night there is a light under the mirror that shines to floor when you approach the car and when you place your hand on the door handle, the mirrors retract from the car. When you exit the car and touch the black dot on the door handle the mirrors retract back to the car. I love it.

This is probably set in the personal settings. However, it must be the default, because my dealer said they were not equipped at the time to change the personal setting since I was the first person to get the car and the software was not at the dealership yet.

There is one other thing about the mirrors. As long as the inside mirror control is in the driver's side position, both outside mirrors will face down when you put the car in reverse. This helps a little when backing out of my driveway. My Mercedes also had that feature also.

Something everyone may not know.
Old 12-02-06, 04:03 AM
ojah
Rookie

My mirrors behave as you describe, Dfiorito.
Old 12-02-06, 04:10 AM
Car Nut
Driver

For the mirrors to dip down on reversing the car, the inside mirror control has to be in the mid position between L and R.

Quick Reply: Took Delivery of my LS460L Last Night