LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My new baby ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-06, 09:08 AM
jotafl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new baby ! ! !

Hey gang, used to be member here long time ago, didn't follow up and email changed (forgot) and forgot userid. Anyway, have spent the last 2 weeks reading all the posts about the new monster. Was a proudly (was) owner of the LS430 and this past Friday went to the dealership to "visit" the manager which I have known since 1992 and w h a t a mistake that was, he started to show me around and as quick I saw the "monster" I felt in love. Which I did in the car show anyway....lol Well, he had 4 cars available at the dealership and I drove that day with my NEW MONSTER . Why I call it a monster? Because I am already posessed by this car, in the last 56 hours I have only had (not exagerating) no more than 6 hours of sleep, it is an excitement that I can't describe. I will follow up with another post and will write the color/options that came with the monster.

The only complaint that I have on the car (compare to the LS430) which may not be a big deal for most people is that they took the secret compartment drawers from under the seats. I got so used to use that drawer that I miss it very very much. I hate carrying a wallet around and I used to keep my DL/CC and so on down below and nobody knew about them (unless of course the other person also owned an LS430). Also, which is not a complaint toward Lexus but the luck of the cellular that I have and is the Cingular 8125 and that phone does not allow you to transfer the phone book, but I knew that ahead of time, so that did not change my mind at all, I guess I will spend couple of hours entering the phone numbers myself.

Anyway, I am typing this message from my garage at the same time while watching my monster watching over me.

Will post later a more detailed msg on the car.

Jota in FL
Old 12-03-06, 10:39 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Congratutions on you new baby
Old 12-03-06, 12:23 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on your new "monster" -- I agree it's a big and imposing car! Hope you enjoy it, and let us know about your experiences! Any pics would be good too.
Old 12-03-06, 12:36 PM
ojah
Rookie

Congratulations on your new love! Enjoy it!
Old 12-03-06, 12:36 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats big time.
Pics...pics...pics...pics!
Old 12-03-06, 03:17 PM
clambros
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome news .. Congrats !!
Old 12-03-06, 03:49 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah and what color is it?

Did you have any additional feelings on parting with the LS 430?
Old 12-03-06, 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow cool this is nice! congrats on your new car. but yeah, knowing a sales/manager at the dealership, that's never a good idea
Old 12-03-06, 11:24 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey congrats on the new car, enjoy it.
Old 12-04-06, 05:53 AM
jotafl
Driver

Originally Posted by enigma888
Yeah and what color is it?

Did you have any additional feelings on parting with the LS 430?
Oh yes, I did love my LS430 and I took good care of it, that car was so freaking reliable and smooth. I did put wider tires on the LS430 and looked pretty awesome. Had it for 3 years and 35,767 miles, who ever gets that car will have a good car for a long time.
Old 12-04-06, 05:55 AM
jotafl
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
wow cool this is nice! congrats on your new car. but yeah, knowing a sales/manager at the dealership, that's never a good idea
You are so right, that was the worst mistake that I did, going there to say hello .
Old 12-04-06, 06:03 AM
jotafl
Driver

Thumbs up

Okay, finally was able to sleep for 8 hours straight, my body couldn't handle it no more LOL. Now I am rested. Features that I love so far on this car:

Automatic door lock. You don't have to slam the door, just make contact with main car body and the door will close by itself (really nice feature). Works on all four doors.

Automatic trunk (open/close), if you are coming back with hands full, just click on the trunk (remote) and the trunk will open automatically for you. Closes by pressing a button.

Break Hold switch. That is a really nice feature if you are stuck in a stop/go traffic situation. Press that Hold button, brake to a stop and you can release the brake and tha brakes will stay in place, if the car in front moves a little bit, you can give it some gas, the car brakes will disingage and when you brake again and car comes to a stop you can release foot from brake pedal. Especially here where I live, that is a nice feature.

DVD movies are amazing with the Mark Levinson, I am not lying to you, if you have all the doors closed and windows, and you crank up the volume, you actually feel you are in a private theatre, when action occurs, every freaking thing inside the car shakes, it is amazing.

The Mark Levinson Stereo system was improved from the LS430 immensely, it sounds so awesome.

The quality on the Navigation/DVD display. One word, AWESOME.

The only thing I still don't like I left it in the first post, and trust me, that is something I can live without for such a great car.
Old 12-04-06, 06:16 AM
jotafl
Driver

Wink SPECS and Pictures

Okay gang, I promised I was going to put the specs and since some requested pictures I will try to ul as well, not sure if they will come out or not.

First of all, the color that I picked was the Starfire/Pearl, a friend of mine ordered one already (smokey granite mica) and I did not want to have same color, however, I did like that color a lot. I saw the Mercury Metalic and even though it was nice, was not for me, I believe its the most popular color therefore lots of LS460 will be that color. The black saphire was the same, it is a beatiful color but too dark, I can imagine every little fingerprint will be shown on that color. The one I was deciding was on the Noble Saphire Mica and the Starfire Pearl, the Noble was very nice but when I saw it getting prep for me at the service dept, I told the manager to drive the Pearl to the service and put it side by side, after 10 seconds of seeing both side by side, immediately I knew that for me, the Pearl looks much much elegant and expensive than the Noble, don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful color but I saw as well, all the finger prints from the service people doing the prep and I made up my mind with the Pearl. I think I did a good choice, lots of compliments (positive) so far in that color. The inside is the cashmere leather with brown walnut. I dont have kids so I dont have to worry about the light leather color.

Here are the Specs:

STANDARD FEATURES

Performance Features

- 4.6-liter V8, four cam, four valves per cylinder, with dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)

- 380 hp @ 6,400 rpm [1], 367 lb-ft torque @ 4,100 rpm [1]

- Eight-speed sequential-shift automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)

- Front suspension: Independent, upper and lower multi-link double joint suspension arms with coil-over mono-tube shock absorbers and stabilizer bar

- Rear: Independent, multi-link double joint suspension arms with coil-over mono-tube shock absorbers and stabilizer bar

- Rear-wheel drive

- Electronic Power Steering (EPS)

- Four-wheel ventilated electronic power-assisted disc brakes

- 18-in alloy wheels with 235/50R18 V-rated tires [2][3]

- Estimated fuel consumption: 19/27 mpg city/highway [4] (manufacturer's estimate)

Luxury And Convenience Features

- Medium brown walnut, dark gray bird's-eye maple or dark brown ash burl interior wood trim

- Leather-trimmed interior

- Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel

- Steering-wheel-mounted audio, brake hold and display controls

- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column

- Lexus 10-speaker, Premium Sound System with Digital Sound Processor, Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer

- In-glass antenna with FM-diversity system

- 16-way driver's (including dual-function lumbar) and 12-way front passenger's (including lumbar) power seats

- Heated Front Seats

- Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel

- Dual-zone automatic climate control with interior air filter, smog sensor and automatic recirculation mode

- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade

- Power windows with one-touch auto open/close feature

- Exterior glass with UV reduction

- Remote-linked window and moonroof opening

- Retained accessory power for moonroof and windows

- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside rearview mirror and outside mirrors

- Power door locks

- Cruise control

- SmartAccess [5] with push-button Start/Stop

- Center console with sliding armrest and storage bin

- Foldable front door storage pockets

- HomeLink® universal transceiver to operate compatible garage, gate, home lighting and home security systems

- Illuminated entry system

- Electroluminescent instrumentation

- Illuminated interior electronic trunk-lid and fuel-filler-door releases

- Front and rear lighted vanity mirrors

- Automatic on/off projector-beam headlamps with auto-off delay

- Electronic parking brake

- Outside temperature gauge

- Fuel consumption gauge

- Dual cupholders, front and rear

- Carpeted floor mats

Safety Features

- Driver's and front passenger's advanced airbag system (SRS) [6] with front passenger's twin-chamber airbag

- Front seat-mounted side airbags (SRS) [6]

- Driver's and front passenger's knee airbags (SRS) [6]

- Front and rear side curtain airbags (SRS) [6]

- Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions, pre-tensioners with force limiters for front and outboard rear seats

- Automatic Locking Retractor/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) seatbelts for all passenger seating positions. Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) only for driver's seat

- Child Restraint Seat (CRS) tether anchor brackets for rear outboard seating positions

- Four-wheel ventilated power-assisted disc brakes

- Electronic Controlled Braking (ECB)

- Four-sensor, four-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)

- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) [7]

- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [8]

- Traction Control (TRAC)

- Brake Assist [9]

- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)

- Tire Pressure Monitor System [10]

- Highly rigid body structure with front and rear crumple zones

- Side-impact door beams

- Reinforcements in pillars and doorsills

- Impact-dissipating upper interior trim

- Collapsible steering column

- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto leveling

- Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

- Headlamp washers

- Daytime running lights

- Integrated foglamps

- LED Taillamps

- Water-repellent front-door glass

- Variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

- Rear window defogger with auto-off timer

- Power-adjustable, auto-folding outside mirrors with defoggers, puddle lamps and auto tilt-down in reverse

- Vehicle theft-deterrent and engine immobilizer system

- Emergency interior trunk release

- First aid kit

- Tool kit

BTW: Although this car comes equiped with the Advances Park Assist, that is a feature that I did not want it. Unfourtunately the cars that I was considering all had the same options as mine, but I think for now it is a waste. Even the manager who prepared my paperworks try to show me how it works, he couldn't do it. I think it have potential but I KNOW I can park lot faster than using it, but if you master the device I m pretty sure you can do awesome things to it. Plus is a big SHOW OFF. LOL

Pictures follow on the next message.
Old 12-04-06, 06:46 AM
jotafl
Driver

Default Pictures.

Pictures were reduced in quality for posting. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails My new baby ! ! !-11.jpg  
Old 12-04-06, 06:47 AM
jotafl
Driver

Another picture.....why only one picture max per post
Attached Thumbnails My new baby ! ! !-22.jpg  

Quick Reply: My new baby ! ! !