LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Who says this is not a drivers car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 06:46 PM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who says this is not a drivers car?

Just got back from an hour drive around the area. Had nothing to do so I got in the car and drove around. Mostly highway driving.

To me it is the ultimate driving machine. I was going fast, going slow, passing people and letting them get ahead of me just so I could fly past them. The car handles great. I didn't feel the road, my hands didn't hold the steering wheel tight because the car was shaking and trembling. I was gliding. The car was floating. To me that is driving. I felt the power beneath me and it was scary. From 60 to 90 in a flash. Just knowing I had the fastest car on the road was enough.

What a night. The music was blasting. The night was crisp. The Holiday lights were shining.

Life is grand.
Old 12-08-06, 07:47 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You are one lucky guy! Very envious people here...

"Magic carpet ride"!
Old 12-08-06, 09:56 PM
lexus111
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWESOME... Can't wait to join in your excitement next week myself when I get Mine

CONGRATS
Old 12-09-06, 05:25 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, this is a great car to drive!
Old 12-09-06, 07:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

The cars are quite nice! Glad your enjoying it and life IS grand!
Old 12-10-06, 05:15 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree, I did the same thing you did all weekend!... But hey, it's far from being the fastest car on the road. But who needs to go 160mph anyways, and what he said is very true, the car "glides" - it's awesome.

Not as mushy as a full size American car, not as bumpy as a German car. It's basically.... perfect.
Old 12-11-06, 02:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am sure it's a great handling car. in fact during the lexus driving event this year i was with a pro driver and he drove around the track crazy. that really showed me just how great the handling of the car is

however i do have to say how good a car handles sometimes is not enough. how the car feels to the driver is just as important as well, since the driver needs that as a "confidence" level

i think that's where bmw shines more
Old 12-11-06, 04:41 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fastest???

I don't know if the LS460 is the fastest car on the road - probably not - but, without a doubt, it certainly is one of the nicest cars out there. A friend asked me to go with them to test drive the LS460 yesterday and we took out the "short-wheel version". She drove and I marveled at the power, smooth (yet firm) ride, and the massive technology of the car! I was especially taken by the nav/data interface screen - the clearest I've ever seen! Am I correct that the driver's seat "intuits" the driver's position and adjusts for it accordingly? That seemed to occur. The LS460 is absolutely seductive! The only disappointment, I thought, was that the telephone book was not automatically uploaded from the telephone when the Bluetooth is activated. According to the salesman, it has to be manually programed. Not to end on a low note, because that's not a big deal, the LS460 is a gorgeous car and, in my opinion, Lexus has done it again by having the best flagship sedan among the leading car manufacturers.
Old 12-11-06, 05:39 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Certainly not the fastest.

I didn't mean it was the fastest car available.

I mean't it was the fastest car on the road that I was on. There were no BMW 5 Series, or 6 Series and definetly no Ferraris. But it sure did beat everything else out there.

Like they said, we are not doing 130mph. But I feel confident that if I need to pass someone, I can without worry.

Like Romini says, the driver needs to feel that confidence and I do.
Old 12-11-06, 09:50 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

In regards to the bluetooth phonebook, it's a limitation of the phone, not the car. My carrier is Verizon and I have the razor and it's blocked from Verizon. It won't let other devices retrieve data.

The reason is because unlocking the phonebook will also unlock pictures and Verizon would not make $0.25 per picture sent to others through your phone. It's lame, but it's not a Lexus problem, it's US phone companies that are too greedy.
Old 12-11-06, 10:03 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

One of the car mags did say, "the last LS wasn't a driver's car. This one is."
Old 12-11-06, 10:36 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

The phones you mentioned have a "yes" on the "transfer data enabled" column of features, according to the data sheet available from Verizon.

My Razor has a "No" on that feature. As of why your co-worker was able to transfer his phone book to the Acura, I don't know. Maybe it's a "region enabled" feature as they ask for zip code when you download the features pdf sheet?
Old 12-12-06, 08:18 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i am sure it's a great handling car. in fact during the lexus driving event this year i was with a pro driver and he drove around the track crazy. that really showed me just how great the handling of the car is

however i do have to say how good a car handles sometimes is not enough. how the car feels to the driver is just as important as well, since the driver needs that as a "confidence" level

i think that's where bmw shines more
I agree completely! Make the LS feel a bit more like a 7 and were in business! I'm torn between the two! (well who cares really i can't even afford 5-year old examples) Wishful thinking i guess. Come on GA lottery, today could be my lucky day.
Old 12-18-06, 07:13 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice to read this and know that people who own these cars are getting this kind of enjoyment out of the cars. The measure of a vehicle is when you are out driving it and you are thrilled that you have that exact vehicle, thrilled with how it does things, and just simply have a better day because of the experience with the car. And when you return home and park it in the garage, you are already thinking about the next time you'll get a chance to take it out again. I'm thankful to have had a few vehicles over the years that made me feel that way, and if I thought it possible to have a luxury car such as the LS that could come close to being as satisfying as my Supra in the "thrill to drive" category, I'd be stoked.