LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Your favorite comfort feature on the LS-460?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-06, 06:25 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Your favorite comfort feature on the LS-460?

What is your favorite comfort feature on the car?

I list as very neat the following:

1) The fact that the car lights up inside, below the external mirrors and unfold them at the same time when you touch the door handle with the key in your pocket. THAT'S COOL.

2) The rain sensor can be adjusted for less or more sensitivity easly.

3) Smog sensor - adjustable and it will switch to re-circulating internal air when that smoky school bus is in front of you.

Life is good!
Old 12-13-06, 07:48 PM
jotafl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with your finds, in addition I will have to say:

BlueTooth technology (have improved a lot),
Automatic trunk opening/closing
Brake Hold Feature
Cool/Heat air in seats
Doors close automatically by making contact with body car.

And few others....
Old 12-14-06, 05:32 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

I agree with all

My best cool feature is the backseat upgrade and the look on peoples faces when I bring down the back seat console and show them all the buttons and features.

My next best is the Bluetooth and the Brake Hold. They work flawlessly.

Next is the music and all the choices I have.

What about the smoothness of the car on the highway. Oh yea, and the quiet in the cabin when you are traveling at 75mph on the Turnpike. Let's not forget the stares you get when you drive by a Mercedes S550 or BMW 7 series. I think those people are really the ones that understand what you have.

The backseat side window shades are awesome. Most cars that have shades only have it on the back window.

The heated steering wheel was wonderful the other morning when I got in the car and it was cold.

You know when I approach the car and the lights go on under the mirrors, I feel she knows me and is waiting for me. It says, "OK get in and let me take care of you". Then I touch the door handle and the mirrors open, the alarm beeps (saying I have arrived, Ok to enter) and the car opens to me. (are you getting aroused?)

I could go on, but I have to take a cold shower.

later.....
Old 12-14-06, 05:47 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dfiorito
Let's not forget the stares you get when you drive by a Mercedes S550 or BMW 7 series. I think those people are really the ones that understand what you have.
Judging from what I read on the Mercedes and BMW Forums, I don't think that is the case. They still think you are driving a TOYOTA.
Old 12-14-06, 08:58 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rjm
Judging from what I read on the Mercedes and BMW Forums, I don't think that is the case. They still think you are driving a TOYOTA.
Maybe they say that on the forums, but I have had S550 & S500 guys drive up to me and give me the thumbs up.

Also, my son's neighbor has the A8L and he came over and congratulated me and told me how he read all about the car.
Old 12-14-06, 09:24 AM
jotafl
Driver

Originally Posted by rjm
Does that means that the MB owners are just driving a Chrisler?

One word sums it up.......DENIAL
Old 12-14-06, 01:06 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dfiorito
...I have had S550 & S500 guys drive up to me and give me the thumbs up.

Are you sure their THUMB is the digit they are holding up?
Just kidding!

I love my LS430 and would buy an LS460 if I didn't just have 10,000 miles on my LS430. I am a former Mercedes owner and a current BMW owner so I surf the other automotive forums too. Some of them have quite an attitude about the Lexus with the most common attitude being "....well, you are still driving a TOYOTA!" As the other poster put it, the Mercedes guys are basically driving Chryslers these days.
Old 12-14-06, 01:13 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Who cares... I drive what works for me and suits my needs. Do we have autobahns in USA? No. Do we drive at 100mph on freeways here - no, traffic sucks. So why would I pay +$100K for a car that has features more suited for the Europeans?

Lexus knows what consumers want, and they deliver.
Old 12-14-06, 01:30 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the best feature is the NAV Traffic. It is surprisingly accurate. I would see the green arrows change to yellow in the precise spots that I was hitting the brakes.
Old 12-14-06, 03:05 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the seat cushion length adjustment (wish the GX had it also) and the Smart Access System.
Old 12-14-06, 09:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
I think the best feature is the NAV Traffic. It is surprisingly accurate. I would see the green arrows change to yellow in the precise spots that I was hitting the brakes.
mark, so you think the nav traffic is doing a good job huh? are you going to continue the subscription aftwards?
Old 12-15-06, 08:35 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
mark, so you think the nav traffic is doing a good job huh? are you going to continue the subscription aftwards?
Absolutely! Plus I like XM radio over Sirius anyway. I've had Sirius on two other vehicles and every time you drive by a tree the signal drops out.
Old 12-15-06, 09:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
Absolutely! Plus I like XM radio over Sirius anyway. I've had Sirius on two other vehicles and every time you drive by a tree the signal drops out.
trees?! and they are everywhere?!

one thing me and my wife have been talking is the real time traffic whether it's worth the money, i guess i have a good reference now
Old 12-15-06, 11:12 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

I won't renew mine. I never listen to radio anyways, so for me it's a waste of money. I'd rather pop in my favorite live concert DVDs and CDs. Besides, I know where the traffic jams are here in my town.

Now the question is how do we go as to update the maps in the HD over the years?
Old 12-15-06, 01:15 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
Now the question is how do we go as to update the maps in the HD over the years?
I'm sure your Lexus service dept. will have a nice upcharge for your for their time to download updated maps to your car when they are available.

Quick Reply: Your favorite comfort feature on the LS-460?