LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Are you waiting for the "F" Lineup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-06, 04:39 PM
vanlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you waiting for the "F" Lineup?

Out of mild boredom, I read the writeup on the Lexus marque in Wikipedia this morning.

I noted with much interest that Lexus quietly filed for a trademark for their "F" logo only last month, sparking rumours / unfulfilled prophecies that Lexus is necessarily entering the red-hot performance arena with the likes of BMW M, Mercedes AMG and Audi S/RS. Hopped-up versions of the Lexus lineup would indeed sport the "F" designation.

I've had four M-cars over the years and am still considering a CLS 63. A performance-oriented, full-sized Lexus sedan would pretty much be a slam dunk for me. The notion of an LS with suspension much more substantive than a Touring Package, big brakes and over 500HP...yummy.

Could anyone point me towards some further insight into the F Programme and its rollout?

Many Thanks.
Old 12-23-06, 05:45 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

There will be an IS-F by the fall next year, & possibly a GS-F if the IS-F is well received according to some articles, but we haven't heard anyone mention a LS-F from any source (even speculations). Personally, I don't expect to see one anytime soon, if ever.
Old 12-24-06, 04:57 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

600h with touring package? :-)
Old 12-25-06, 08:09 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

From my understanding, I think most European countries are getting the sportier suspension as standard, i.e. the Touring Package ?
Wouldn't that be the same for the LS600hL too ?
I don't think they intend the LS600hL even with Touring Package as a F-division car, & they have to do more than that.
If they even consider a future LS-F at all, it has to match well in hp with the S-class AMG's, which has over 600+ hp & 700+ lb-ft torque peak.
Old 12-25-06, 10:13 AM
LexFather

Well not sure how Lexus would do it. Remember the IS-F is getting the LS 600 V-8. It is the largest Lexus sedan engine. (5.0 liters)
So a LS-F would need, well a bigger engine.
Old 12-25-06, 06:06 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

If they make an LS-F it doesn't matter what it has on the interior, we'll get one.

However realistically, we'll see how the LS600lh fares and if the new engine actually fits well with the new LS.
Old 12-28-06, 12:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

in one of the videos i watched, they said that the 600hl will actually come with the ****, that's currently on the gs450h. if so, that car is going to be sick on handling. with the power, it's already the f version by my book

and yes, that's the car i want -- except i don't have the money, ha!
Old 12-28-06, 10:39 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
in one of the videos i watched, they said that the 600hl will actually come with the ****, that's currently on the gs450h. if so, that car is going to be sick on handling. with the power, it's already the f version by my book
I would be real disappointed if they call the 600hL with **** an F-division car.
Even the regular S500/550 has Active Body Control as an option & the S600 comes with it standard, & they are no AMG's.
Lexus needs to do MORE than that or not make an F-division car for the LS at all. BMW does not have a M7 either . . .
Old 12-28-06, 11:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
I would be real disappointed if they call the 600hL with **** an F-division car.
Even the regular S500/550 has Active Body Control as an option & the S600 comes with it standard, & they are no AMG's.
Lexus needs to do MORE than that or not make an F-division car for the LS at all. BMW does not have a M7 either . . .
that's why i said it's already the f version by my book. a car of this size it's almost silly to put too much stuff on it coz' it can't achieve what we all "want". that's exactly the philosophy why there is no m7, coz' bmw doesn't think they can make the car the same level as the m3 and m5

the amg s class is nothing but speed imho, it doesn't have the kind of sport driving as you get on the e55 or c55, to me mb is just doing it to "complete" the picture. a good thing? i think it's cool to have, but not necessary from a true performance point of view
Old 12-28-06, 01:05 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I know there is a BMW Alpina B7 which is sort of like their M line but for 7 series.
Attached Thumbnails Are you waiting for the "F" Lineup?-b7.jpg  

Last edited by dimapb; 12-28-06 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-29-06, 10:02 AM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Correct, BMW decided that the Alpina would be a better option than an M7 because they said they felt they could not make a 7 series that would live up to the true M designation. I guess not even BMW could do anything with a sedan weighing that much.
Old 12-29-06, 11:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by dimapb
As far as I know there is a BMW Alpina B7 which is sort of like their M line but for 7 series.
aftermarket companies they are different story. they have nothing to do with bmw FACTORY setup anymore. it's just like saying my gs is just ok on power and handling out of factory, but now i have no problem killing a lot of cars on the road. that doesn't mean much
Old 01-03-07, 12:11 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

I wouldnt mind seeing a 'LS-F' with the 5.0L V12 from the Toyota Century... perhaps twin tubocharged to the tune of ~550hp ? A proper active suspension (like the one found on the UZZ32 Soarer) some bigger brakes (bigger even than in the touring package) and an elegant body kit/tim would be nice too...
Old 01-03-07, 12:16 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
aftermarket companies they are different story. they have nothing to do with bmw FACTORY setup anymore. it's just like saying my gs is just ok on power and handling out of factory, but now i have no problem killing a lot of cars on the road. that doesn't mean much
Tell me this car does not mean much Henry - Brabus V12 CLS rocket http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/brabus_rocket.asp
Old 01-03-07, 02:37 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

The LS doesnt need any more power, it has enough. May'be some more gadgets would be nice, even more quiet than it already is, if thats even possible.

Dual-Ottaman in the back instead on the right side.

I would rather see the LS go against the ultra-exclusive market like the Phantom and Maybach 62 S Business Edition.

Would be nice to have pretty much all the features that the LS has now with some of the nice stuff in the Maybach also (as extra options)

Also an option for armouring, for once.

No need to play in the same ball park at BMW or Audi or Mercedes.

Maybach quality of sorts for a really nice fraction of the price

God bless Lexus, when ever that happens.

Quick Reply: Are you waiting for the "F" Lineup?