LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Overriding the LS 460 Nav.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-07, 02:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
Everyone should call Lexus Customer Care and complain about this... This is the last lexus I buy if they don't change this and I let them know that... Mercedes, BMW, Acura, Infinity will get my business instead since they don't cripple dozens of nav features while the car is in motion...
call lexus and complain? yeah that will go far....

this is safety..
Old 01-03-07, 05:11 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
call lexus and complain? yeah that will go far....

this is safety..
It can't hurt...
Old 01-04-07, 06:13 AM
Loiosh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@LexusLean: I loved the RL/TL Navigation systems (which are customized Alpine NVE-N872As) so much I had to add one to my LS400.

With the in-motion enable dongle, of course. No idea on how to get the LS460 to do this yet. =(
Old 01-04-07, 09:53 AM
ScareyH22A
Driver School Candidate

It can't hurt...
Taking your eyes off the road, for even a split second, can lead to fatal consequences. And a person would have to be an ignorant fool not to know that.

On a side note, I'm working on a DVD override. I have an '07 LS460 stripped down in my shop as we speak.
Old 01-04-07, 09:59 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ScareyH22A
Taking your eyes off the road, for even a split second, can lead to fatal consequences. And a person would have to be an ignorant fool not to know that.
When I said "It can't hurt", I was referring to calling up Lexus customer care... I was responding to a previous post implying that it would do no good to complain to lexus... I agree, it probably won't do any good, but it won't do any harm either...
Old 01-04-07, 10:00 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

On a side note, I'm working on a DVD override. I have an '07 LS460 stripped down in my shop as we speak.
Glad to hear it... What we really need to find is the software override in the V6.1 DVD... Analyzing the firmware shows all the commands are still in there... Just a question of if the backdoor to access it is still there, and if so, what exactly the backdoor commands are... Good luck! Me and some folks are working on it as well...
Old 01-04-07, 10:08 AM
ScareyH22A
Driver School Candidate

When I said "It can't hurt", I was referring to calling up Lexus customer care... I was responding to a previous post implying that it would do no good to complain to lexus... I agree, it probably won't do any good, but it won't do any harm either...
My whole post was supposed to exude oxymora.

Glad to hear it... What we really need to find is the software override in the V6.1 DVD... Analyzing the firmware shows all the commands are still in there... Just a question of if the backdoor to access it is still there, and if so, what exactly the backdoor commands are... Good luck! Me and some folks are working on it as well...
What are you trying to achieve w/the software override? I'm guessing to unlock the Navi controls? If so, I'll see what I come up with in a couple of hours and let you know.
Old 01-04-07, 10:14 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

What are you trying to achieve w/the software override? I'm guessing to unlock the Navi controls? If so, I'll see what I come up with in a couple of hours and let you know.
Yup, destination entry while the car is moving...

If you check the website in my sig, you'll see that I already enabled all of the bluetooth/dvd/mp3/callerid funtions in my car by cutting signals to the nav display...

However, for the destination entry while moving functionality, I have a switch that cuts VSS to the nav brain... This is not the best method, and I'd like to discover the override sequence in the V6.1 DVD for this purpose...
Old 01-04-07, 02:45 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Don't know that it makes a difference but I believe the Nav info and software is on the 460 hard drive and there is no dvd for this purpose with the LS now. This eliminates the possibility of using a hybrid dvd (blend of v.5.1/6.1) as sonartech and others in the GS forum have done.

Most of us would be ecstatic to get back to a 460 version of the old touchscreen code that allowed a manual override in the v.5.1 and earlier software.
Old 01-04-07, 02:49 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by hendjaz
Don't know that it makes a difference but I believe the Nav info and software is on the 460 hard drive and there is no dvd for this purpose with the LS now. This eliminates the possibility of using a hybrid dvd (blend of v.5.1/6.1) as sonartech and others in the GS forum have done.

Most of us would be ecstatic to get back to a 460 version of the old touchscreen code that allowed a manual override in the v.5.1 and earlier software.
Ya, I am pretty sure everything is on the hard drive. But can't the LS460 hard drive be accessed? If so, the loading.kwi file could be replaced...

If not, yet another reason to find the V6.1 override... Man I hate Lexus's relentless pursuit to cripple the nav...
Old 01-04-07, 07:03 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

I understand the hard drive is accessed via a usb or similar connection for use by the Lexus service techs for updating or otherwise accessing the various computers in the car via a Lexus tech laptop. I would think that it would not be usable by the average owner or perhaps anyone who doesn't have the Lexus software loaded on their laptop. Still hoping some will find the magic touch screen code, but then again perhaps it doesn't exist.
Old 01-05-07, 08:26 AM
lexmikeyam
Driver School Candidate

Any luck yet? This is getting more frustrating as the days goes by. Making me wish I would have kept my BMW 745, okay not really :-)
Old 01-05-07, 08:28 AM
Loiosh
Driver School Candidate

Obviously none of us have the answer. I suspect when someone does we'll see a huge sticky post about it =)
Old 01-05-07, 08:33 AM
lexmikeyam
Driver School Candidate

Any luck yet? This is getting more frustrating as the days goes by. Making me wish I would have kept my BMW 745, okay not really
Old 01-07-07, 04:11 PM
mkati
Driver School Candidate

It sucks. I could care less about watching a DVD but the phone system needs to be updated. I also find the voice command system leaves alot to be desired. I have a 460L with 2500 miles. I am seeriously considering trading it for a Mercedes. I know Lexus won't give me a dime to sell it back t them. For the record, this is my fifth Lexus.

Quick Reply: Overriding the LS 460 Nav.