LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Transfer phone numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-07, 07:51 AM
rwcan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transfer phone numbers

How do you transfer your phone numbers from your phone to the Lexus 460 phone directory?
Old 01-05-07, 03:18 PM
nhey
Rookie

Originally Posted by rwcan
How do you transfer your phone numbers from your phone to the Lexus 460 phone directory?
The best phone-specific directions are on the lexus.com website. You can get directions for your specific phone. The manual gives directions also, but not for specific phones, and therefore, those directions aren't always correct - they didn't work for my RAZR phone, but the website's directions worked fine.
Old 01-05-07, 05:42 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It would be nice if you could post the link. I have the same phone you have through Verizon and I can't transfer the phone book. Even the Lexus Dealership said I can't - maybe you know something we all don't. Link please??
Old 01-05-07, 06:34 PM
Car Nut
Driver

Originally Posted by nhey
The best phone-specific directions are on the lexus.com website. You can get directions for your specific phone. The manual gives directions also, but not for specific phones, and therefore, those directions aren't always correct - they didn't work for my RAZR phone, but the website's directions worked fine.

I too followed the instructions on the Lexus web site for my Samsung.Worked perfectly. Unfortunately I could only trasfer one entry at a time.
Old 01-05-07, 06:38 PM
Car Nut
Driver

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
It would be nice if you could post the link. I have the same phone you have through Verizon and I can't transfer the phone book. Even the Lexus Dealership said I can't - maybe you know something we all don't. Link please??

Please try this link.

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/b...1&passedPaIds=
Old 01-05-07, 09:18 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Verizon phones do not allow bluetooth data transfers. Manual entry only. Its not the phone, its the Verizon authorized software.
Old 01-06-07, 03:05 AM
nhey
Rookie

Originally Posted by Car Nut
I too followed the instructions on the Lexus web site for my Samsung.Worked perfectly. Unfortunately I could only trasfer one entry at a time.
"One number at a time" transfer is the case for a number of phones. It is not a limitation of the Lexus bluetooth system - it is a limitation of the phone/service provider.
Old 01-06-07, 08:22 AM
RSJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nhey
"One number at a time" transfer is the case for a number of phones. It is not a limitation of the Lexus bluetooth system - it is a limitation of the phone/service provider.
Can the Verizon phones respond to voice commands through the handsfree system (i.e. "Call Tim Mobile")?

Thx.
Old 01-06-07, 09:30 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Default Voicetags

Originally Posted by RSJ
Can the Verizon phones respond to voice commands through the handsfree system (i.e. "Call Tim Mobile")?

Thx.
I am not sure any of the phones will do this through the Lexus bluetooth system. You have to add a voicetag to phonebook entries in the Lexus phonebook (not your phone's) and then the voice commands will allow you to "call ____". To do a voicetag you actually record the name associated with a phonebook entry so that the system will then later recognize your recording and call that name. Instructions are in the owner's manual.
Old 01-06-07, 10:33 AM
Lexus_girl
Pole Position

You can also use the voice by number feature.
Old 01-06-07, 10:39 AM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hendjaz
Verizon phones do not allow bluetooth data transfers. Manual entry only. Its not the phone, its the Verizon authorized software.
Not sure what you mean. On my BMW, I use a Verizon phone that transfers all phone numbers automatically each time I get in the car. No manual intervention required. Plus I can use voice calling since the system recognizes speach. i.e "Call John". The issue is not Verizon, it is Lexus's implementation.

Car can have "hands free" or access the phone using the SIM Access Protocol.

http://www.answers.com/topic/bluetooth-profile

Last edited by sdbrandon; 01-06-07 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-06-07, 10:56 AM
Car Nut
Driver

Lexus allows 20 voice tags. But I am also puzzled why the Bluetooth function does not recognize all voice commnds via the car system because when I wear a Bluetooth head set and say 'call home' the phone dials the number when outside the car.
Old 01-06-07, 04:40 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

All VZW standalone phones, according the chart of phone bluetooth profiles at the VZW website, do not allow obex or file transfers via bluetooth. From the VZW website as an example: "The Silver RAZR V3m supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: headset, handsfree, serial port and dial up networking. It does not support Bluetooth object transfer (OBEX) profiles."

Some of the VZW pda/smartphones do however permit file transfers via bluetooth so perhaps those will allow transfer of Contact information in some vehicles.
Old 01-06-07, 06:00 PM
grumpylane
Driver School Candidate

I had a MB CLS 550 and the Blue Tooth Module worked great with my Verizon Razor phone. All the entries loaded to the screen. I also cant figure out why it wont work on the LS 460
Old 01-07-07, 08:46 AM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by grumpylane
I had a MB CLS 550 and the Blue Tooth Module worked great with my Verizon Razor phone. All the entries loaded to the screen. I also cant figure out why it wont work on the LS 460
The telematics control unit made by motorola provides the added bluetooth functionality but was only included in a few select German cars. It appears the Japanese and American makes are doing something different.

Quick Reply: Transfer phone numbers