LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Will the new LS460 become a major 'status' car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-07, 12:10 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice vid, LOL...they are drooling over the car.

I wonder which US Senator bought one...?
Old 02-09-07, 03:42 PM
Stevekil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
Nice vid, LOL...they are drooling over the car.

I wonder which US Senator bought one...?
I believe the senator from Washington State.
Old 02-09-07, 03:57 PM
Stevekil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I love Lexus and as much as the LS as evolved and become better with each version, from a "status" standpoint, Benz and BMW are still superior.

Heck, and they use it. There is a Benz add that says "the 9th generation S class". That is impressive!!

The star and propeller badge go a LOOOONG way. That is how they sell A classes and 1 series cars. Notice Lexus does not sell anything smaller than the IS.

BMW and Benz have huge status and they do have some cars that provide a GIANT halo to the brand. For BMW that is the M cars and the 760 does have a V-12. For Benz it is the AMG cars and their V-12 SLs and S 600s.

We will see if the LS 600h L, upcoming IS-F and LF-A can catupult Lexus even higher.

The GREAT news is Lexus is now considered a Tier 1 luxury brand, on par with the Germans!
Being considered Tier-1 is great news and the accolade well deserved.

The IS-F will win accolades from young performance sedan crowds and LF-A will take the baton from where NSX left.

But to dominate the germans Lexus needs something extraordinary.

Something like the diesel V12 Audi is offering and mate it with Li-ion battery to make a hybrid system.

That will send shockwaves through the entire automotive world.

It will be sought by heads of state, fortune 100 CEOs, dictators, oil-shieks, as well as old-wealth.

It will also have the potential to appreciate over time and become a true collector's car 40-50 years from now.

As of now Lexus does not have a single model which will rise in value, like the silver arrows of mercedes, classic rear mid-engine porsches, bugattis, duesenbergs etc.

In order to become a major status symbol, this is necessary.
Old 02-09-07, 03:59 PM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pionear
Like the Mercedes 600 series or the two door Bentley?

I just like the look of this car, and if I ever get my hands on some serious cash (no financing), I would definitely get one!
No. Not unless Toyota and Lexus break the marriage up.

The LS would need a V12 offering and cut out the Hybrid crap. No wealthy American cares about Hybrids. They want room for passengers and golf clubs.

For now the LS is an upscale Toyota. New strategies will have to be deployed to change that mindset.
Old 02-09-07, 04:28 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by widlfiresd
No. Not unless Toyota and Lexus break the marriage up.

The LS would need a V12 offering and cut out the Hybrid crap. No wealthy American cares about Hybrids. They want room for passengers and golf clubs.

For now the LS is an upscale Toyota. New strategies will have to be deployed to change that mindset.
I agree with you 100%. If I'm spending 80K - 90K on the car, I don't care what it costs me to fill it up, all i want is a comfortable and luxury ride. I personally don't care about the hybrid and would probably never purchase a car just because it's hybrid.
Just my opinion,
Dmitry
Old 02-11-07, 01:24 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stevekil
I believe the senator from Washington State.
Nice to hear from you again Stevekil! Interesting, I wonder if it is Sen. Patty Murray, or fmr. RealNetworks exec and now Sen. Maria Cantwell...

Originally Posted by Stevekil
Being considered Tier-1 is great news and the accolade well deserved.

The IS-F will win accolades from young performance sedan crowds and LF-A will take the baton from where NSX left.

But to dominate the germans Lexus needs something extraordinary.

Something like the diesel V12 Audi is offering and mate it with Li-ion battery to make a hybrid system.

That will send shockwaves through the entire automotive world.

It will be sought by heads of state, fortune 100 CEOs, dictators, oil-shieks, as well as old-wealth.

It will also have the potential to appreciate over time and become a true collector's car 40-50 years from now.

As of now Lexus does not have a single model which will rise in value, like the silver arrows of mercedes, classic rear mid-engine porsches, bugattis, duesenbergs etc.

In order to become a major status symbol, this is necessary.

Going for Fortune 100...Fortune 500 is probably where it's at now. I agree in going for long-term valued commodity...maybe the LF-A or a super L 650h or something...