LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS with 22" Lowenhart LE1

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-07, 10:01 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks rediculous. This is a car for executive and classy people who enjoy luxury. There is no need to "pimp it up". This is not a Honda Accord.
Old 03-26-07, 08:34 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kidalex
That looks rediculous. This is a car for executive and classy people who enjoy luxury. There is no need to "pimp it up". This is not a Honda Accord.
Rediculous is a little strong. Any car is for anyone who can afford it. Tastes differ...sometimes extremely so. I saw a guy with a CTS the other day. An older gentleman who seemed to be dressed with conservative class. The car though....he had ghetto looking bi chrome wheels and several strips of side body moulding tacked on the car. I do mean several. I couldn't believe it. It's his car and his money. I can disagree with his taste but extreme emotions and reactions like saying it's stupid or rediculous...not cool. Heck, all of us who buy premiun cars are a little rediculous. All we really require is transportation. Yet we buy (and most of us then mod) cars that cost more than what is needed for basic mobility. That's like the moron calling the imbacile stupid.

Just a little humor to lighten us up.
Old 03-26-07, 09:36 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Size wise it looks good but the wheels itself I don't care for.
Old 03-26-07, 12:53 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Originally Posted by reggiek
Rediculous is a little strong. Any car is for anyone who can afford it. Tastes differ...sometimes extremely so. I saw a guy with a CTS the other day. An older gentleman who seemed to be dressed with conservative class. The car though....he had ghetto looking bi chrome wheels and several strips of side body moulding tacked on the car. I do mean several. I couldn't believe it. It's his car and his money. I can disagree with his taste but extreme emotions and reactions like saying it's stupid or rediculous...not cool. Heck, all of us who buy premiun cars are a little rediculous. All we really require is transportation. Yet we buy (and most of us then mod) cars that cost more than what is needed for basic mobility. That's like the moron calling the imbacile stupid.

Just a little humor to lighten us up.
I agree that it's a matter of taste. However, I'm not forcing MY taste on you. I'm just letting you know that I haven't seen a CEO or a VP who drives an executive sedan with "pimped out"... oh sorry... "upgraded" wheels.

The upgraded wheels are for the "show". Right? There is no other way to look at it. It's not for performance ( if you wanted a high performance car - LS would not be on your list of choices ). Doing something for the "show" is the opposite of "classy". Once again, don't kill the messenger here. I'm just stating the obviouse.
Old 03-26-07, 01:25 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kidalex
The upgraded wheels are for the "show". Right? There is no other way to look at it. It's not for performance ( if you wanted a high performance car - LS would not be on your list of choices ). Doing something for the "show" is the opposite of "classy". Once again, don't kill the messenger here. I'm just stating the obviouse.
Nope, don't agree. I don't believe modders change things without considering the looks. Staunch performance geeks still care how it looks.
I also don't agree doing something for looks is the opposite of classy. Infact, the statement just slaps the face of most of us here. My 3 cars are what I consider tastefully modded and certainly retain class. Your statements are not obvious....they sound like the words of someone who is not into modding...which is okay but don't undercover slam the modders. Any mods on your cars?

Last edited by Ice350; 03-26-07 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-26-07, 02:26 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Originally Posted by reggiek
Nope, don't agree. I don't believe modders change things without considering the looks. Staunch performance geeks still care how it looks.
I also don't agree doing something for looks is the opposite of classy. Infact, the statement just slaps the face of most of us here. My 3 cars are what I consider tastefully modded and certainly retain class. Your statements are not obvious....they sound like the words of someone who is not into modding...which is okay but don't undercover slam the modders. Any mods on your cars?
First, I don't think my opinion "just slaps the face of most of us here". I think what would REALLY be a slap in the face for those who come to a discussion forum is not to have the actual discussion. I think it's OK for me to come in and state an opinion which is not that uncommon outside of this message board.

Secondly, my logic was very simple. I think pimping up a classy car cancels out the classiness of that car. I think "showing off" is not part of the definition of being "classy". BTW, I have nothing against "showing off". I just think you can't have it both ways. That's all I'm saying.
Old 03-26-07, 03:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

The fitment of the rear wheel looks kinda weak, and the style is not my first choice, its a little on the busy side.
Old 03-26-07, 03:17 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by acecert
I'm going for 20" non-chromed rims myself..have yet to find a place in So. Calif to do it well and right. Since there is a warning not to install larger tires on the vehicle, I've got to be certain to use someone who is well qualified to do the job. I posted a previous posting to ask who had actually installed 20" or 22" rims on their car and had pics and did not get any responses.
I know you got my email of the LS with 20's and my email crashed on Saturday, I'm sending you a reply in a few. We can handle everything for you and have done LS460's with 20's in the past with no adverse effects (warning lights, rubbing, etc)
Old 03-28-07, 06:20 PM
socaljint
Driver School Candidate

Reggiek, I agree. I have 20 inch Lowenharts on mine. Some here like them some don't, who cares. I think 22's are a bit much but it's not my car or my money. I saw one in person with 22's and it looks a lot better than the picture.

By the way D2, " fitness " has very little to do with rims.

Main Entry: fit·ness
Pronunciation: 'fit-n&s
Function: noun
1 : the quality or state of being fit
2 : the capacity of an organism to survive and transmit its genotype to reproductive offspring as compared to competing organisms; also : the contribution of an allele or genotype to the gene pool of subsequent generations as compared to that of other alleles or genotypes

LOL
Old 06-16-07, 11:35 AM
kingnoo
Rookie

With some TIS 10 22" it would have looked off the chain.
Old 06-16-07, 11:47 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by socaljint
By the way D2, " fitness " has very little to do with rims.

LOL
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
The fitment of the rear wheel looks kinda weak, and the style is not my first choice, its a little on the busy side.

Thank you very much for the comprehensive definition of the word "fitness", in the future you may want to read entirely before you post, since the word I used was "fitment".

LOL

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 06-16-07 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-16-07, 12:11 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i <3 lowenharts to death

i like the style of wheel, but the 'fitness' kills the look and i dont think thats a good angle for a pic.. which is probably why noone thinks it looks good. also, ive found that most clublexus people are hardcore conservative about fixing up cars. all this talk about you cant put bigger tires on the car LOL. 22"s fit this car nicely. 20s are way too small

for those of you who say these wheels are cheap and belong on a 300c or accord.. LOL at you
Old 06-16-07, 02:16 PM
kingnoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by HoeBag
i <3 lowenharts to death

i like the style of wheel, but the 'fitness' kills the look and i dont think thats a good angle for a pic.. which is probably why noone thinks it looks good. also, ive found that most clublexus people are hardcore conservative about fixing up cars. all this talk about you cant put bigger tires on the car LOL. 22"s fit this car nicely. 20s are way too small

for those of you who say these wheels are cheap and belong on a 300c or accord.. LOL at you
I agree with you 20" are too old school and too small nowadays.For the people who dislike bigger rims it may be because they wish to have them.
Old 06-16-07, 07:47 PM
GS430X6
Pole Position

It appears most LS460 owners are old farts with no taste. That set-up looks HOT!!!
Old 06-17-07, 07:57 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry not feelin those wheels on the LS at all