LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My LS damanged by dealer during service

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-07, 11:24 AM
ojah
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rocman, how does one go about locating a high-end paint shop? Would like to know where to find one in the DC metro area, just in case.
Old 03-26-07, 11:58 AM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ojah
Rocman, how does one go about locating a high-end paint shop? Would like to know where to find one in the DC metro area, just in case.

Find a local hot rod shop and get their recommendation. Otherwise, visit some of the paint shops, and look at their work. A picture is worth a thousand words, but seeing it in person is worth a thousand pictures.
Old 03-26-07, 12:51 PM
ojah
Rookie

Thanks, Rocman. Will try the hot rod route.
Old 03-26-07, 12:57 PM
kidalex
Rookie

I have taken pictures and will post it shortly. However, my issue is this:

1. I am paying a good amount of money per month to have this car. So, if the car is not here - they should credit me for the lease payment that I made for the car I didn't have.

2. The front end of the car has a lot of safety sensors ( like the ones that trigger airbags ). So, by having that part of the car screwed around with - my worries about whether or not the car will function the same safety-wise are pretty high.
Old 03-26-07, 01:03 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kidalex
I have taken pictures and will post it shortly. However, my issue is this:

1. I am paying a good amount of money per month to have this car. So, if the car is not here - they should credit me for the lease payment that I made for the car I didn't have.

2. The front end of the car has a lot of safety sensors ( like the ones that trigger airbags ). So, by having that part of the car screwed around with - my worries about whether or not the car will function the same safety-wise are pretty high.
Who was the dealer??
Old 03-26-07, 01:04 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Here are the pictures:

Old 03-26-07, 01:06 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Originally Posted by acecert
Who was the dealer??
I don't want to say because they have been amazing to me in the last 9 years and I don't want to damage any reputation.
Old 03-26-07, 01:10 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

At a minimum, I would ask the dealer to provide you with another ls460 as your loaner for 2 weeks while your car is getting repaired. A standard RX or ES loaner just won't be acceptable. If they claim they can't get you a ls460 loaner, I would insist on a comparable loaner such as a MB s550 or BMW 7 series. The dealer can always source a high end luxury car from a major car rental company.

If you get the ls460 (or equivalent) loaner, don't take your car back until the repairs are perfect.

Good Luck!
Old 03-26-07, 02:28 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2007es350
At a minimum, I would ask the dealer to provide you with another ls460 as your loaner for 2 weeks while your car is getting repaired. A standard RX or ES loaner just won't be acceptable. If they claim they can't get you a ls460 loaner, I would insist on a comparable loaner such as a MB s550 or BMW 7 series. The dealer can always source a high end luxury car from a major car rental company.

If you get the ls460 (or equivalent) loaner, don't take your car back until the repairs are perfect.

Good Luck!
The only chocies they told me I had was RX350 or ES350. I asked for the one with Nav ( as I travel to customer sites a lot ) and they told me they only had 2 of those. Since Thursday afternoon they have not called me to let me know that either one of those is available.

I don't mind driving a lower end loaner if I can get my service covered for the rest of the lease.
Old 03-26-07, 02:36 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I turned my LS460L in for my very first oil change. When I got back to pick it up I was informed that there was an accident. Long story short - the front of the car was damaged. The hood, the grill, the lights, the bumper, etc. They've estimated that it'd take them at least 2 weeks to fix.

I have serviced my Lexus cars there for about 9 years and their service has been nothing but excellence. That's why I got two new cars ( GS and LS ) last year.

However, I'm wondering about what I should be offered for this whole problem. I mean, besides the fact that I'll be out of my car for a while, when it'll be returned - it WILL BE a car that pretty much was in an accident. What would be fair?
Alex,

I'm sure if you asked them to replace the car they would, that is a very expensive car to suffer an accident.

They could trade you one for your car at their cost and after repair of this one sell it above what that dealer cost was to cover all their expenses and likely make a few dollars.
Old 03-26-07, 02:48 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Alex,

I'm sure if you asked them to replace the car they would, that is a very expensive car to suffer an accident.

They could trade you one for your car at their cost and after repair of this one sell it above what that dealer cost was to cover all their expenses and likely make a few dollars.
Judging by the pictures that I've posted above - do you think the damage is big enough to request a new car? Do you think maybe it'd be better to request for a free service for both of my cars for the rest of the lease term?
Old 03-26-07, 02:59 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think its big enought to get a new car. It is leased too soo.... i would just ask for free service for the rest of the lease term. You'll actually come out on top. Mayeb you can buy it for a discount at the lease end too.
Old 03-26-07, 03:04 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Judging by the pictures that I've posted above - do you think the damage is big enough to request a new car? Do you think maybe it'd be better to request for a free service for both of my cars for the rest of the lease term?
I think it depends on whether you want to buy the car after the lease. If you plan to just return it after the lease, then maybe free service for the rest of the term is satisfactory, since it will not be a long term car for you & you don't have to worry about how the resalue value would be affected by the accident. However, if there is a strong possibility you might actually end up buying it after the lease, then I would try to push for a new car.
Old 03-26-07, 03:10 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can speak from buying rather than leasing and not sure in what way leasing lessens the impact of seeing that on a new car, HECK yeah it is enough to want a new car.

Their insurance is likely covering much of their expense to fix it or at least a good portion of it so they are not out the entire repair bill for your car.

You have to ask yourself what would satisfy you, if you feel free service gets it for you then they will gladly give it to you and likely high five each other you did not ask for more. Or free service and they cover this month's lease payment.

If you were buying, I'd say replace the car for sure.

AND since you are leasing you do not want any later charge to you for things they see on the car at lease end as a result of this that they forget at lease end they caused and try to bill you for. So be sure every single issue is totally documented.
Old 03-26-07, 03:36 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
I can speak from buying rather than leasing and not sure in what way leasing lessens the impact of seeing that on a new car, HECK yeah it is enough to want a new car.

Their insurance is likely covering much of their expense to fix it or at least a good portion of it so they are not out the entire repair bill for your car.

You have to ask yourself what would satisfy you, if you feel free service gets it for you then they will gladly give it to you and likely high five each other you did not ask for more. Or free service and they cover this month's lease payment.

If you were buying, I'd say replace the car for sure.

AND since you are leasing you do not want any later charge to you for things they see on the car at lease end as a result of this that they forget at lease end they caused and try to bill you for. So be sure every single issue is totally documented.
I own two cars: the new LS and the GS300. I drove a BMW before which had free maintenance. I think what will make me happy is to get the free service for both cars for the rest of the lease term.

As far as the lease vs. purchase argument goes - this car is MINE for the next 3 years, so I do want it to be in the perfect condition that I bought it as.

Quick Reply: My LS damanged by dealer during service