LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My LS damanged by dealer during service

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 03:43 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbodean
just looking at the pics of your car i would doubt there was any involvement with airbag sensors
I believe that the airbag sensors are behind the bumper and the bumper will need to be changed. Also, my service advisor has confirmed that.
Old 03-29-07, 08:56 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by kidalex
No, my lease payment is $1,000 per month and I put $10K down so that means that my monthly expense on the car is about $1,300 plus insurance. I should mention that LS equivalent rental is about $300/day here in Bay Area. In addition to that my car will not be 100% as you can never assure me that stuff like airbag sensors are tested after the collision repairs as good as they're tested at the factory.
there you go.. ur compensation better be more than $750 EASY then..
sounds like free service for the rest of the lease term sounds MORE than fair
Old 03-30-07, 02:26 PM
kidalex
Rookie

UPDATE: It's been a week since the incident and I have not heard anything from the dealership. The service manager told me that their GM is preparing an offer for me but I'm not sure why it's taking so long. Ideas? Suggestions?
Old 03-30-07, 03:01 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

UPDATE: It's been a week since the incident and I have not heard anything from the dealership. The service manager told me that their GM is preparing an offer for me but I'm not sure why it's taking so long. Ideas? Suggestions?
I have an idea. I think they are blowing you off. They are in no hurry to pay for something. You need to keep following up if you want it done in a timely manner. One week is WAY TOO LONG!! I would go down there and speak to someone. It's amazing what can happen in person vs. a phone call. Good luck!
Old 03-30-07, 03:30 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

I agree with Rocman. That is a common tactic for any company with a problematic customer. Let the customer cool down a little before attempting to deal with them. The theory is you will be more "maleable" once the emotion of the event has had time to wear off.
Old 03-30-07, 03:39 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I agree with Rocman. That is a common tactic for any company with a problematic customer. Let the customer cool down a little before attempting to deal with them. The theory is you will be more "maleable" once the emotion of the event has had time to wear off.
i think there is a distinct difference between letting someone "cool off" and blowing them off.
Old 03-30-07, 03:51 PM
Nospinzone

Originally Posted by jjbodean
i think there is a distinct difference between letting someone "cool off" and blowing them off.
If they were blowing him off, I hardly think they would say, "The service manager told me that their GM is preparing an offer for me..."
Old 03-30-07, 03:56 PM
kidalex
Rookie

So, what is my course of action?
Old 03-30-07, 04:03 PM
Nospinzone

I would wait for their offer, thank them when you get it, and walk away without saying a word. Then let us know what they offered and get the collective advice of this board. Just as they will not act rashly, neither should you!
Old 03-30-07, 04:07 PM
Nospinzone

BTW, the best thing that can happen is they are reading this board as well!!!
Old 03-30-07, 04:42 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Maybe blowing off was the wrong term, but they are definately putting him on the back burner. It does not take long to put something together. It basically comes down to when the manager feels like dealing with it.

Is it in their best interest to deal with it sooner, rather than later? Absolutely!

Unfortunately, I have met one too many bonehead general managers in my time. Honestly, go down there and take care of it in person. Remember, you are the one inconvenienced here. MAKE THEM take some responsibility and deal with it NOW.
Old 03-30-07, 06:25 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree with Rocman here ..... most organizations will ignore the problem, hoping it just goes away. It does not take very long for them to decide what to do. By stringing this out they hope to wear you down so you'll just accept a repaired car and then just go away. I've found the longer someone takes to offer a solution the worse the proposal is.

If it was me I'd call the individual who is supposedly working on the offer and tell him you are coming down to discuss what Lexus needs to do to rectify their carelessness. Do not let them put you off about 'what they are authorized to do'. When you go in to the office lay out YOUR best proposal and let them react. In this case, a new car. They'll dismiss it right away and tell you they can't do that. (And they probably wouldn't do it anyway, but at least you've told them you aren't going to be blown off). And then take it from there.

But don't wait. Time is of the essence here.
Old 03-30-07, 06:33 PM
Nospinzone

Yes, Rocman, I focused on your statement that "They are in no hurry to pay for something." It also plays into their hands that the customer will settle for less than they would have while they were still "hot" about it.
Old 03-30-07, 07:38 PM
kidalex
Rookie

Let me add an interesting twist to this. It just happens so that I'm running a new company that sells an online service for car dealers ( http://10secondsorless.com ) and I was wondering if part of my compensation could be to do a sales pitch to that GM. Though I don't want to make it sound like blackmale. I'm not desparete for a meeting but if it can be worked in there - I would definately take it.
Old 03-30-07, 07:51 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Let me add an interesting twist to this. It just happens so that I'm running a new company that sells an online service for car dealers ( http://10secondsorless.com ) and I was wondering if part of my compensation could be to do a sales pitch to that GM. Though I don't want to make it sound like blackmale. I'm not desparete for a meeting but if it can be worked in there - I would definately take it.
Your proposal seems shady. It sounds like you aren't really concerned about your car but are just trying to get something out of your misfortune.

Quick Reply: My LS damanged by dealer during service