LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460L Leather creases..

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 05:40 AM
wufrenchie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS460L Leather creases..

hi guys.. ive had my 460l going on 3 months now and i love it.. however there are a few little things here and there that i hope im not being too too picky about... there is a pretty big crease(if i pull on it itll look better) on my drvr seat, that looks as if i have sat in the same position for hours on end.. i pointed this out to my salesman a week after the purchase when they came over to the house to setup a few things ie garage(i dont have a ladder lol)and they noted that they will tell service about it.. the glove box has a stain of some sort that will not come off, almost like an imperfection.. and the nick on my back bumper they will be touching up..

when i took the car in for the touch up(which they had to reschedule after a day of my car sitting there because the touchup guy wasnt going to be able to do the job that day) they told me that the leather creasing like that was the "norm" due to the leather being so soft.. now i know this about it being soft and all but am i wrong to think that i shouldnt be getting no creases this early in the stage of ownership?? the most im driving at any given time is an hour at most.. what are your thoughts? thanks in advance
Old 03-28-07, 11:22 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had mine since Oct 26 and there are no creases in my leather. I also have the 460L.

I have learned that if you are not happy with the local dealer, then call corporate.
Old 03-28-07, 11:41 AM
Nospinzone

Received 416 Likes on 322 Posts

That creasing is normal, especially for very soft leather. Some owners may experience it and others may not, but it is not a defect in materials or workmanship.

Look at it this way, you never see it while you're driving!
Old 03-28-07, 12:43 PM
ojah
Rookie

I've had my LS460L since November and have clocked over 2600 miles. I don't have any creases yet.
Old 03-28-07, 01:21 PM
Mallory H.
Driver

I do not know about the crease in your seat but I can tell you that I had a stain in my glove box that would not come up and upon further inspection of the glove box I notice that in direct light there were areas of the glove box that looked unpainted or very little paint. I had the dealer to order a new glove box, I refused to let them repaint it. The door alone can not be ordered they will have to order you a complete glove box. What color is your car? mine is black/black and I have been curious if my car would be the only car with this problem. Do not let them repaint your glove box they can order you a new one although they may try to say Lexus requires that they try and paint it first hold your ground for a replacement.I bet the stain looks like a grease spot or as if something oilycame in contact with it.

Last edited by Mallory H.; 03-28-07 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-28-07, 05:10 PM
wufrenchie
Driver School Candidate

so here are a couple pics of my creases.. in one of them u can see where im tryin to stretch it out and its still there

i have a mercury metallic w/ the light gray and dray gray birds eye maple... yea they tried to wash it off they said and its still there. i will tell them tomorrow when i take it in for the touchup to replace it. thanks mallory i will hold my ground
Attached Thumbnails LS460L Leather creases..-167305776645_3300.jpg  

Last edited by wufrenchie; 03-28-07 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-28-07, 05:28 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

All leather is different, that is one of it's appeals. When you buy leather goods (shoes, coat, belt, watchstrap, car seat) the natural marks and creasing is individual to each hide used. I wouldn't worry about a crease or two, it will not affect the wearability or comfort. My leather furniture at home has creases and marks, but I never even think about it.
Old 03-28-07, 06:18 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

those pictures dont work sadly

as for the crease, its probably just wear and tear. you should put conditioner on it once a month it keep it at its best
Old 03-28-07, 06:52 PM
wufrenchie
Driver School Candidate

its not wear and tear when it was like this when i took delivery of the car i can see if ive had it for a few months and then it happened but brand new
Attached Thumbnails LS460L Leather creases..-167305813765_3300.jpg  
Old 03-28-07, 08:05 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

That crease has to do with the way it was sewn together. While it may bother you to look at, it is very minor, and will not detract from the car much.

Regarding the statement on conditioning. DO NOT condition the leather every month. IT WILL destroy the leather. Semi-Analine leather is VERY soft, so just a damp rag will be all it needs. The biggest enemy to leather is dirt. As long as you keep it clean, your leather will last for many years. If you really need to condition the leather, only do so every 6-12 months. Only use high quality conditioner like Leatherique. DO NOT USE LEXOL! It is meant for crappy leather, like what you find in American SUV's and trucks. It will overhydrate the leather and turn it into mush.
Old 03-28-07, 08:27 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocman
That crease has to do with the way it was sewn together.
exactly what I thought when I just saw that pic.

if you complain enough they may replace the seat bottom.
Old 04-05-07, 04:50 PM
Mallory H.
Driver

Has your seat been repaired and did the dealer replace your glove box?