LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

460 and 460L Sales

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 01:53 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by massshelti
I don't think that I've ever bought a car where the salesman didn't lie about something.
and the same holds true for the majority of customers we deal with

remember kids: "buyers are liars!"
Old 04-04-07, 02:11 PM
Big Jimm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Barrynsh
So, have you been walking since then?

It sounds to me that you weren't really interested in buying a 460L and used this as an excuse.
No. I haven’t been walking. My wife (of 51 years) had just passed away and we already had a new corvette. My state of mind probably wasn’t the best about then but it just seemed that the fun in the Lexus purchase was dwindling.

However, I could have been persuaded to buy the 460L. (I guess I “wanted” to be persuaded .. but, instead was snubbed.)

Anyway, after my “let-down” on the 460L, that I had been anticipating for months, I simply bought another new DTS .. even tho, living alone now, I don’t really need ANY big car. In honesty, I guess I really shouldn’t be blaming anyone else for anything here.

I was just relaying a personal experience. When the 08’s arrive, I’ll refresh my options.

Big Jimm
Old 04-04-07, 02:21 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your wife. My condolences.

If you're still interested, I suggest you try a smaller Lexus dealership, and one with a good reputation. Some of the other CL members from FL might have a good idea.
Old 04-05-07, 09:28 AM
Barrynsh
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Jimm
When the 08’s arrive, I’ll refresh my options.

Big Jimm
Understand. Sorry to hear about your wife.

I would guess that the car buying experience has more to do with the individual salesperson who has his/her own way of interpreting the corporate policy. I would hope that Lexus, as well as Cadillac are very careful as to selecting owners of the dealerships who will properly express the corporate culture and, in turn, hire compatible salespersons.

I had been driving Caddy's for 40 years and when I went to buy a 2005 STS, the salesman did not follow thru with a call he was supposed to make so i went to Lexus and bought a 2005 LS430 which I did not like and ended up selling in 3 months. Went back to Caddy and bought an STS which I also did not like but stuck with it until the LS460L's came out.

Anyway, nothing wrong with waiting for the 2008's as hopefully some of the minor bugs will be corrected. The DTS is a nice car also.
Old 04-05-07, 10:30 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,339 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Jimm sorry to hear about your lost. The guys were telling you the truth about the limited availibilty of the LS460. There are 1 or 2 at some dealers but, for specfic colors and packages are rare.

It amazes me sometimes at this Forum how most that are in business, fail to understand supply and demand. The LS460 and 460L is selling great. Most dealers do not offer discounts, due to the fact of supply and demmand, and the cost is far less than the 7 series BMW, S class Benz and Audi A8 and the Lexus is not in the shop for repairs like those cars.

It's funny to me how sometimes people go to buy a car, and take the focus off the car and say things like, I was going to buy but...... the salemans Tie he had on was ugly, so it turned me off about the car. The salesman did not call me back. Guess he was busy doing his job and providing professional service to a New Lexus Buyer/owner. Please understand that while the Lexus sales guy is spending 3 hours with you for $ 0 pay if you don't buy, the next customer goes down the road on a test ride and says hey I don't need to drive any further I like it, lets go back and make a deal. Which customer would you rather have if you gave both the same tratment ?

A salesmanager does not come out to talk to you unless they want to help you buy a car. jjbodean is right, Luxury car Salespeople find that out of 10 customers 2 are buyers and 9 are liars. Not just about the intent to buy, but many other things as well. Guys please don't start Flamming with the Salesman stories and mess up the thread. Thanks.
Old 04-05-07, 01:11 PM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jgscott
Luxury car Salespeople find that out of 10 customers 2 are buyers and 9 are liars. Not just about the intent to buy, but many other things as well. Guys please don't start Flamming with the Salesman stories and mess up the thread. Thanks.
Are you a salesman?

10 customers 2 are buyers and 9 are liars.

Is that why the cars cost so much? You guys make up your own numbers?
Old 04-05-07, 08:07 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dfiorito
Are you a salesman?

10 customers 2 are buyers and 9 are liars.

Is that why the cars cost so much? You guys make up your own numbers?
Myth = Car Dealerships Make up the Factory New Car MSRP cost.

Fact = Dealerships don't make the MSRP cost, if fact most try to discount it for buying customers who reguardless of the " manufactures MSRP cost " make up their own numbers to offer.

Dishonest statement = " You guys make up your own numbers ".

See Told Ya !

Last edited by jgscott; 04-05-07 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 11:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i think it might be regional? in norcal i didn't see that many ls460. but here in socal, i see so many of them already it's not funny. people here are just a lot more wealthy
Old 04-06-07, 01:53 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Question: How do you know when a car salesman is lying?
Answer: His lips are moving.

Unless a sales droid puts what he's saying in writing on a legally binding document, I assume that it's a lie.

I don't think that I've ever bought a car where the salesman didn't lie about something.
My sales people have always been truthful (at least at Mercedes, Lexus and Porsche). It really depends on the person.
Old 04-08-07, 07:14 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Question: How do you know when a car salesman is lying?
Answer: His lips are moving.

Unless a sales droid puts what he's saying in writing on a legally binding document, I assume that it's a lie.

Some people just have problems/issues with anything they do. And they have the same problems each and every time. It's always everybody else's fault. Presidents, Priest, Kids, Spouses, and others lie. Guess you live in a world with different expectations and the whole world is honest.

Have " YOU " ever lied ? No excuse's or but's. Just yes or no ? Funny how some when buying a car, bump their expectation level up to perfect.