LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How to keep navigation turned off

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07 | 09:26 PM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Default How to keep navigation turned off

Hi all -

Is there a way that you can keep the navigation map turned off until you specifically press the button to see the map? If I have my LS set to display audio information when I turn the car off, the next time I turn the car on it's still displaying audio. Then I back out of the garage, put it in Drive, and it flips to the map (which then makes me click that stupid I Agree button).

I don't use the map all that often. I'd prefer to keep it out of the nav screen unless I specifically request it.

Thanks in advance! I'm hoping that I missed something...
Old 04-05-07 | 09:12 AM
Barrynsh
Rookie

Originally Posted by IndyJeff
Hi all -

Is there a way that you can keep the navigation map turned off until you specifically press the button to see the map? If I have my LS set to display audio information when I turn the car off, the next time I turn the car on it's still displaying audio. Then I back out of the garage, put it in Drive, and it flips to the map (which then makes me click that stupid I Agree button).

I don't use the map all that often. I'd prefer to keep it out of the nav screen unless I specifically request it.

Thanks in advance! I'm hoping that I missed something...
Push the Display Button and then "Screen Settings" A window opens and the top option which has to do with Transition of screen can be shut off. If you are on Audio when you shut down the car, Audio will appear when you start up again.
Old 04-05-07 | 11:56 AM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Originally Posted by Barrynsh
Push the Display Button and then "Screen Settings" A window opens and the top option which has to do with Transition of screen can be shut off. If you are on Audio when you shut down the car, Audio will appear when you start up again.
Yes, I had already turned this off. This prevents the navigation from popping up after a few seconds of displaying some other screen. But even with this turned off, when you start the car, it's on the screen you left it -- then put it in reverse and the backup camera turns on -- then put it in drive and you're back to the map, and not the previous screen.

Seems like a bug to me...
Old 04-05-07 | 12:09 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Bug? BUG? After being in software development for 35 years, I can assure you it's an undocumented design feature.

HBH
Old 04-05-07 | 01:12 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

hahahaa.... that was a good one.
Old 04-05-07 | 02:05 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

No need to press I Agree button if not going to use the Nav. Just press the closer Audio button to return to audio. As stated this is a design feature (although perhaps undesired) and not a defect. This is the way current Lexus screens work.
Old 04-05-07 | 04:12 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Yes, I had already turned this off. This prevents the navigation from popping up after a few seconds of displaying some other screen. But even with this turned off, when you start the car, it's on the screen you left it -- then put it in reverse and the backup camera turns on -- then put it in drive and you're back to the map, and not the previous screen.

I have a same problem and when I asked my service rep to fix it, he said it can't be done. That's how it is designed to work. It does the same thing when the parking sensor starts beeping and then goes back to the nav screen. I'm getting used to it and I'm sure you will too.