LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Bluetooth Display of Incoming Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-07, 10:14 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2007es350
Yes....that is correct.
Sorry, not trying to belabor your answer, but wanting further clarification...does that include the name displaying on the screen (not just the phone number)?
Old 04-23-07, 06:42 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Ace, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. If your cell phone's incoming call's number matches a number entered in the car's phonebook, the contact's name you have entered there should display on the Navi screen.
Old 04-24-07, 08:17 AM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Ace, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. If your cell phone's incoming call's number matches a number entered in the car's phonebook, the contact's name you have entered there should display on the Navi screen.
This doesn't work for me either. After I answer the call, it only displays the number that I'm talking to. I sent my address book from the phone to the car, so they match perfectly.
Old 04-24-07, 11:14 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Burnaby
That is what I did...the *82 that I had was removed from my car phonebook and it then showed the number only...in short, my numbers in the car phonebook and the cell phonebook now match identically and I get the phone number displayed when a caller calls in but not the name of the person...I'd rather have the name!
Old 04-24-07, 01:08 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Interesting... Strange but interesting!
Old 04-26-07, 05:36 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

SUCCESS! This is strange but here's what happened (I have the LG Env phone with Verizon). I had all my phone numbers in both the car and cell phone books in this format 1-111-111-1111. When a call came in, it would only display on the nav the phone number, not the name of the person calling. I then just removed the first "1" from the the nav phone book for all my phone numbers (pain in the butt to do) and bingo...both the number and the names now pop up on the nav system when someone calls.

For those of you having problems...give it a try. It's nice now to have this part fixed...now...can someone come up with a hack for releasing the lock to use the dang phonebook while driving (and the other features too)!! I wonder if we'll ever see one? So many people have posted on this subject.
Old 05-27-07, 06:50 AM
zap7
Driver School Candidate

Cool Unlocking the phonebook

To unlock the phonebook while driving, just let yout dealer cut the wire with the speed signal. I have to switches in my 2007 RX400h: First one to cut the wire for the nav (it needs the signal while driving), second one for the phone (always int he position to cut the wire, causing no problems)
Old 08-08-07, 01:02 PM
vanlex
Rookie

Question

Sorry, my head is spinning a little. All I am receiving for incoming calls is "Incoming Call" - no number and certainly no name despite my address book transfer.

How should the numbers be formatted in the car's address book in order for everything to work?

A separate question: does call waiting work?

Old 08-08-07, 01:06 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Note: cutting wires in the LS 460 may not have the same effect as on other Lexus vehicles...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=293806
Old 08-08-07, 06:20 PM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Originally Posted by vanlex
Sorry, my head is spinning a little. All I am receiving for incoming calls is "Incoming Call" - no number and certainly no name despite my address book transfer.

How should the numbers be formatted in the car's address book in order for everything to work?

A separate question: does call waiting work?

It all depends on the phone, really. With my Razr, the incoming call display did not work. I had a Blackjack for awhile, and everything worked, but I got a lot of complaints about how bad the audio quality was. I have an iPhone now, and the caller information displays correctly, the audio quality is fine, and even the battery life indicator displays on the Lexus screen, but the call waiting doesn't work through the car (I have to reach for the phone to switch callers...).