LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Bluetooth Display of Incoming Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-07, 03:36 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Bluetooth Display of Incoming Call

Do any of you have a cell phone, while using your bluetooth in your vehicle, displays the incoming caller information?

I have the LG Env cell phone through Verizon and that feature does not work...everything else does. However, on Lexus site, it says that this feature should work with this phone. (In fact, all features work on this phone with the LS except only 1 listed). I called Verizon to verify my software version on my cell and I have the most recent version.

So, I'm curious is the feature of displaying incoming caller information is working on anyone's phone? If so, what phone do you have and which cellular service carrier? Thanks!

P. S. If you want to see which features should work on your phone, go to http://www.lexus.letstalk.com and put in your phone info on the right of the screen. Once there, select your phone from the list.
Old 04-21-07, 05:49 PM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acecert
Do any of you have a cell phone, while using your bluetooth in your vehicle, displays the incoming caller information?

I have the LG Env cell phone through Verizon and that feature does not work...everything else does. However, on Lexus site, it says that this feature should work with this phone. (In fact, all features work on this phone with the LS except only 1 listed). I called Verizon to verify my software version on my cell and I have the most recent version.

So, I'm curious is the feature of displaying incoming caller information is working on anyone's phone? If so, what phone do you have and which cellular service carrier? Thanks!

P. S. If you want to see which features should work on your phone, go to http://www.lexus.letstalk.com and put in your phone info on the right of the screen. Once there, select your phone from the list.
I have a RAZR v3 from Cingular, and it doesn't work either, although the site says it should. Apparently it's another bug in the car's software.

If I'm talking on the phone through the handsfree system, and another call comes in but I don't answer it, it disconnects my main call. Very annoying.

Hopefully there will be an update to the Lexus's software.
Old 04-21-07, 06:15 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by IndyJeff
I have a RAZR v3 from Cingular, and it doesn't work either, although the site says it should. Apparently it's another bug in the car's software.

If I'm talking on the phone through the handsfree system, and another call comes in but I don't answer it, it disconnects my main call. Very annoying.

I'm trying to determine why if on the site's (you are with Cingular and I am with Verizon) they say the feature of seeing incoming call identification should work why it doesn't. I'm assuming the cell phone carriers have tested the phone to determine which features do and don't work (hence, the creation of the feature lists on their site which tell us what does an doesn't work). So, if you're statement about it being a car software bug is true, then I'm curious how the cell phone vendor's website could ever reflect that the feature worked if the car has a software bug?

I have made a call to Lexus and reported this (since it says this feature should work to display incoming identification information) issue. Customer service said they will be getting back to me regarding this issue. She took down all the information (my phone model, car vin #, and that statement was added that I have the latest software on my phone). We'll see what they come up with.

So, has anyone had their phone work where it displays the incoming identification information through the car's navigation (while using Bluetooth)? Thanks for your help!
Old 04-21-07, 06:17 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

I have the Blackjack, and it does not work. It worked in my M5, but not in the LS. It's almost like russian roulette. I have to take a chance to see if I want to talk to that person.
Old 04-21-07, 08:13 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

I have a razr with verizon service and it works perfectly!
Old 04-22-07, 06:36 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007es350
I have Treo 700p with Sprint and it works.
Old 04-22-07, 09:26 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 2007es350
When you say "it works perfectly" are you including that it displaying incoming caller identification information on your nav screen while using Bluetooth?
Old 04-22-07, 10:38 AM
Paul B
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2005 LS 430 with a RAZR v3 through T-Mobile and it works correctly. It displays incoming phone number on nav screen using Bluetooth.
Old 04-22-07, 10:44 AM
IndyJeff
Rookie

To be clear about my symptoms:

Once I answer the call, it will display the phone number on the screen. Even though the number matches the car's address book, it doesn't display the name. And it never displays either the name or number when the call is coming in (i.e. ringing) so I have to look at my phone to see who is calling.
Old 04-22-07, 12:40 PM
gwong
Rookie

Once I answer the call, it will display the phone number on the screen. Even though the number matches the car's address book, it doesn't display the name. And it never displays either the name or number when the call is coming in (i.e. ringing) so I have to look at my phone to see who is calling.
Have you gone into the "incoming call display" settings and check your settings? Seems to be two choices, Full or Icon.
Old 04-22-07, 01:00 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have no problem seeing the caller's name on mine. I tried it last night. I have a Nokia 6275i, but the problem you describe cannot be caused by the phone. There must be a conflict between the data from the incoming call, and what you have stored on your car's phonebook. Do the two numbers match identically? For example, 1-555-555-555 may be interpreted as different if your phonebook lists it as 555-555-5555. This is just a wild guess, but it is worth a look.
Old 04-22-07, 01:02 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by acecert
When you say "it works perfectly" are you including that it displaying incoming caller identification information on your nav screen while using Bluetooth?
Yes....that is correct.
Old 04-22-07, 07:03 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Ok...I figured out what was the problem with my phone based on all this feedback. I had the *82 in front of my number on the nav system phonebook (that function unblocks your phone # and identity for those you want to reveal it to). When I removed the *82 from in front of the phone #s in my nav system and received a call, the phone number of the person calling me showed up on the nav...but not the name of the person. So, we're half way home...now, how do I get the name to show?? It seems that if the system is able to identify and display the phone number that it should be able to display the corresponding name listed in the phone book shouldn't it??

P.S. Unlike IndyJeff's symptoms description above, the identification phone number does show while the call is ringing, not after I answer it. However, as I mentioned, the name does not display.

Last edited by acecert; 04-23-07 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-23-07, 09:50 AM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Originally Posted by gwong
Have you gone into the "incoming call display" settings and check your settings? Seems to be two choices, Full or Icon.
Mine is set to Full Display - when a call comes in it just says "Incoming Call" on the screen.
Old 04-23-07, 10:10 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

I looked at that area (the settings)..miine is full display as well. I think the other choice is "pop up" but I don't think that would have anything to do with what is being displayed. Those options appear to be for how you would like it displayed when your phone rings or in use (full screen vs. pop up like those screens that come on when you tun your audio on and off).

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Display of Incoming Call