LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Humorous LS460L Delivery experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah it can't be the touring. touring package can't even be combined with the rear seat upgrades, let alone exec package. i also think it's probably an exec package car with 19s (if that's what makes you think it's touring)
Old 06-14-07, 09:41 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well we are at the one month mark tomorrow. I guess slow motion is better than no motion, but I feel like we are not getting anywhere at all. Anyway, still keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-14-07, 09:45 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
gsxotic and i went to dealership today. talking to the sales, he said very very very few ls come with touring, it's that rare. and they sell more swb than lwb

on the road i see a lot more swb too
I appreciate your insight, if you don't mind me asking, what dealership was it?
Old 06-14-07, 01:43 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Free service for life has perked up my ears.....probably would not take the car but zero maintenance for the life of the car.....dono I might take it.
Old 06-14-07, 06:09 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by garyr
Free service for life has perked up my ears.....probably would not take the car but zero maintenance for the life of the car.....dono I might take it.
I think that offer is now off of the table considering that as of right now, we have no car since last thursday they declared it dead. As of right now we have no car, however, we do have the payments coming to the house. However, the Lexus dealership is picking up the payments for the first two months considering we don't have the car.

So my question becomes what is an acceptable time to wait. Since last week the dealership has told us nothing as to how the search is going (or if it is going at all) towards finding us a new car. I appreciate the fact that they are hard to find, however, I also appreciate the fact that we are no more informed then we were last week as to how things are going. They have not even come back to us and asked if we would be willing to accept a different color. I don't think we really want to wait for the 08's, however, at this pace I feel like it might be the year 2008 before we actually get the car.

The other thing is I feel as though we are getting the run around. The dealership is telling us this is a matter that the corporate “district office” has to handle, meanwhile after I placed a call to the lexus customer support line, they tell me it is a task that both the district office and the dealership should be handling together. I don’t feel as though we are truly getting the straight truth.

Last edited by Xwakeboard; 06-14-07 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-14-07, 07:32 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

been long enough man...sorry to hear about this. knew a guy who bought his wife a sc430 for christmas and mid march it was already dead. they kept going back and finally the dealer said screw it and sent the car out to some factory in CA...In the end, the got a new flint mica is350 out of the deal, free maitenance for life. so thats not so bad, but deff. no sc.
i think you should get your money back and buy an s550.

JK haha
wait on it, they have an obligation to make this right.

One unhappy customer says more the One thousand happy customers
Old 06-15-07, 12:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
I appreciate your insight, if you don't mind me asking, what dealership was it?
it's newport lexus
Old 06-15-07, 12:54 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
Well we spoke with the dealership today (Fresno Lexus) and they said that there has been no word from corporate as to locating us another car. My mom is of the opinion that 72 hours is plenty of time to search a database and come back with an answer as to whether or not we can get the car. Mean while we enter into the fourth week of this problem with nothing but an empty space in the garage. At first this was mildly funny, now it is just down right annoying.
your from fresno? well atleast you are dealing with the new owners, the previous owners of fresno lexus were horrible.

good luck!
Old 06-15-07, 01:22 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I was at JP Lexus yesterday and it's still there.

It was a fully loaded LWB 4-seater, only the wheels were the chrome Teleios 18s.

I was actually trying to persuade my SO to give it serious consideration.
Old 06-15-07, 09:49 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
your from fresno? well atleast you are dealing with the new owners, the previous owners of fresno lexus were horrible.

good luck!
Interesting that you know about the change in ownership. We knew the family that owned it, my mom is on a couple of boards with the guy who was the sons of the owner. They ended up buying the Infiniti dealership, sold the Lexus dealership, and then made some, what I consider, terrible staffing decisions that ultimately lead to one of the best service managers and one of the best general managers leaving the dealership. A very sad situation as both of these guy's were truly stand up individuals.
Old 06-15-07, 11:02 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

So my question becomes what is an acceptable time to wait.
I think 2 - 2.5 weeks is an acceptable time to wait.

Last edited by dmvp29; 09-01-08 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-16-07, 11:36 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dmvp29
My dad recently bought a new '07 LS. There was a small blemish on the car and our dealership was really good in making sure my dad got the car in brand new condition. They even offerred to get us a brand new car...just due to this small blemish.

But, they ended up solving the problem..my dad waited roughly 1.5 - 2 weeks for it.

I think 2 - 2.5 weeks is an acceptable time to wait.
LoL, well this is much more than a minor blemish. The responses I am getting here suggest that the long wheel base is hard to find, while the long wheel base with the touring package is even harder to find. At this point I don't think color is an issue just getting some idea of when the car will be ready would be nice.
Old 06-25-07, 11:58 AM
massshelti
Rookie

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Where I am, I see more LS460L models than LS460 models so far, I have yet to see a Touring Model though . . .
Lexus claims that they aren't shipping any touring models aside from special orders. If that's the case, you're looking at a 2008.

BTW, what is Longo Lexus first in? Shipping defective LSes?
Sorry. I couldn't help myself.
Old 02-12-08, 11:06 AM
LSGuyPA
Driver School Candidate

Default 2008 LS-460 Broken Valve Spring

I just had a 2008 LS-460 (4 weeks old, 1250 miles) break a valve spring with the same symptons as described here. Based on other postings this seems to be a bigger problem than Lexus is saying.

In my case (I just met with the factory rep) they are holding fast with only replacing the valve spring. I am extremely concerned by this as I have no idea what else was damaged by this. They actually told me the spark plugs were covered in oil when they pulled them. This sounds liek the implications of problems are worse than they are saying.

Based on Lexus' position on this I will never buy another one.
Old 02-13-08, 02:55 PM
rogersmith
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by daryll40
There is zero friggin way on this planet in this lifetime would I accept that car back.
Lexus sold you an LS. That's like being anointed by the Gods from Olympus. You can't ask for a new car. You're lucky they SOLD you a car, and you should consider yourself fortunate that they didn't take the car back while making you drive a Corolla. Only SPECIAL people get to drive LSes, and you need to show proper respect to the Lexus people for allowing you the car.

A new car. Hmmph.

Quick Reply: Humorous LS460L Delivery experience