LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Why doesn't the Touring 19" wheels fit the regular models again?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-07, 08:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

I suppose that's not surprising they can interchange the wheel sizes, since the LS600hL executive Package comes standard with the 9-spoke 18" as with the LS460 non-touring, whereas without the Exec.Package, it comes with the 7-spoke 19", & I've seen an LS600hL in the Auto Show with the 5-spoke 19" of the LS460L Touring Model too.
I don't think the brakes, sway bars, etc., are different for the Executive Package . . . seems like all the OEM wheels should fit all the LS460/600 models to me ?
Old 06-10-07, 04:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnjohn9
hello, we have installed plenty of touring edition wheels on regular ls's and had no problems. we even called lexus and they said there was no issue. we were thinking they were just trying to sell more touring models since they claimed you can only put the 19's on. we also have swapped wheels putting the ls factory 18's on the car that came with 19's.
ummm, very interesting, that's definitely very different from what we heard before. but either way that would be awesome news!
Old 06-10-07, 04:29 PM
sjpobox
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
ummm, very interesting, that's definitely very different from what we heard before. but either way that would be awesome news!
I thought the same thing but it works. I have even noticed a sticker on the touring edition ls that says use 19" wheels. they even said at the taste of lexus you could not swap wheels. im assuming they wanted to sell more touring edition equiped vehicles, if you say you can only get these wheels with it. I will keep you guys updated on it if anything comes up. We have started carrying chrome touring wheels which we put on all the models.
Old 06-11-07, 01:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I thought the same thing but it works. I have even noticed a sticker on the touring edition ls that says use 19" wheels. they even said at the taste of lexus you could not swap wheels. im assuming they wanted to sell more touring edition equiped vehicles, if you say you can only get these wheels with it. I will keep you guys updated on it if anything comes up. We have started carrying chrome touring wheels which we put on all the models.
definitely keep us posted about what'd going on, and if there are pics or so (say the 19" touring wheels on the swb ls460), that would be awesome proof that the wheels fit just fine.
Old 06-11-07, 09:22 AM
Teach
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I We have started carrying chrome touring wheels which we put on all the models.
I'm curious about the chrome touring wheels. You say they can be put on all models. I presume that includes the SWB. Is that correct? Where do these chrome touring wheels come from. Lexus? Or do you special order extra touring wheels and have them chromed? What is the additional tariff if one wants the chromes over the standard wheel on the SWB?

I WOULD be interested in chrome touring wheels when I order my LS 460 SWB.

(Excuse me if I didn't post this properly...I'm a newbie.)
Old 06-11-07, 03:00 PM
sjpobox
Driver

[QUOTE=Teach;2684814]

I'm curious about the chrome touring wheels. You say they can be put on all models. I presume that includes the SWB. Is that correct? Where do these chrome touring wheels come from. Lexus? Or do you special order extra touring wheels and have them chromed? What is the additional tariff if one wants the chromes over the standard wheel on the SWB?

I WOULD be interested in chrome touring wheels when I order my LS 460 SWB.

(Excuse me if I didn't post this properly...I'm a newbie.) [/Q

hi, we send the stock wheels out and they are plated, and im not sure of the price, im on vacation this week so i cant do any investigating.
Old 06-11-07, 03:00 PM
sjpobox
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
definitely keep us posted about what'd going on, and if there are pics or so (say the 19" touring wheels on the swb ls460), that would be awesome proof that the wheels fit just fine.
I will get some pictures next time i or one of the other techs do a set.
Old 07-01-07, 05:50 AM
Teach
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=shawnjohn9;2685730]
Originally Posted by Teach

hi, we send the stock wheels out and they are plated, and im not sure of the price, im on vacation this week so i cant do any investigating.
Shawnjohn9, Hope your vacation was good...and that you have time to check on the touring wheels. I'm am still curious as to the cost of the chrome touring wheels. If I don't find a dealer up here in the Midwest that can get me the chrome touring wheels, is it possible to get them through you?

Thanks for any advice and input you can provide.

Teach
Old 07-01-07, 07:13 AM
LexFather

This thread needs pics!!!
Old 07-01-07, 10:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This thread needs pics!!!
i am still waiting
Old 07-01-07, 05:28 PM
Atlas
Rookie

hello, we have installed plenty of touring edition wheels on regular ls's and had no problems. we even called lexus and they said there was no issue. we were thinking they were just trying to sell more touring models since they claimed you can only put the 19's on. we also have swapped wheels putting the ls factory 18's on the car that came with 19's.
Slow down, I have been trying to find out if I can put the 19" Touring Wheels on an LS460 SWB... I have been told by 2 different dealers that it shouldn't be done and they won't do it. Something about the software, sensors, VDIM, and the steering rack are all geared for the 18" wheels and if you put 19"'s on there, you will mess up the systems. It has nothing to do with the sway bar. I am not sure the Lexus guys really know the answer, but that is what 2 dealers told me.

Last edited by Atlas; 07-01-07 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-01-07, 05:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

forget about sensors and vdim, i don't think that would be a problem at all. if anything it's the suspension / sways, which shawn said it will fit fine. that's probably the key i guess
Old 07-01-07, 06:18 PM
Atlas
Rookie

Really, how do you know this? I am being very cautious as I don't want to drop $75k and then screw up a beautiful car. I really need to find this out, it's whats holding me up buying the car. I see and hear about everyone putting larger wheels on the SWB, but the dealers are adamant against it.
Old 07-01-07, 06:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Atlas
Really, how do you know this? I am being very cautious as I don't want to drop $75k and then screw up a beautiful car. I really need to find this out, it's whats holding me up buying the car. I see and hear about everyone putting larger wheels on the SWB, but the dealers are adamant against it.
for sensors, if anything, it's about overall diameter. if you are staying with almost the same overall diameter as before, there is no way the sensors will "know" any difference.

now whether the geometry is different between the lwb (touring) and the other 460, that's what in question
Old 07-01-07, 10:01 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Atlas
we have people putting 22" on their LS460... read what rominl wrote.. i agree with him 100.1%

Quick Reply: Why doesn't the Touring 19" wheels fit the regular models again?