LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The ALABASTER interior is AWESOME !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-07, 08:44 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default The ALABASTER interior is AWESOME !!

I was at a Lexus dealer yesterday, & I saw a LS460L executive package in Truffle mica & alabaster interior, this is the first time I've seen & sat inside an alabaster interior, & I must say I like it a lot more than I expected.
The wood trims look very dark inside the show room, but some pics I saw, when light is good, it becomes lighter & you can see the wood pattern more clearly.

Anyway, when I sat in the back seat, the ambience inside the car is fantastic, it feel so elegant & luxurious, the the cabin looks so much more spacious & airy with the light color leather compared to the black interior, even though I wish the wood trim is a little lighter, but I was blown away, especially when I was seating in the rear.
The cashmere interior is also light, but it's a little more yellowish, & it's doesn't feel as "cool".

This interior is probably one of the rarer ones for the new LS, as I've seen it only once, whereas the black & the cashmere are more common.
Who in here likes the Alabaster interior, but would be hesitant to get it because of the issue of the ease of maintainence ?
I think the black interior is the only one that's easier to maintain, as the cashmere & light grey would require the same level of care & frequency in cleaning.
Old 05-24-07, 10:18 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually have yet to see one.

I typically see the cashmere the most, then black, then gray. Alabaster is pretty rare from what I've experienced...
Old 05-24-07, 11:54 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

For my LS it was a slam dunk. For any car, and a family room, where frequent use (read abuse) or the environment are leather's biggest enemies, black is the optimal way to go.
Old 05-24-07, 01:02 PM
icmoney
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Black interior may be optimal if you live close to the North Pole, but here in West Texas a lot of us prefer the lighter interiors. My LS460 is Smoky Granite with Alabaster interior. I like the dark exterior and the contrasting interior...looks really sharp and gets lots of compliments. Do not have children or allow eating in my car. Seats stay clean and new looking with regular cleaning.
Old 05-24-07, 02:30 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We have a light-colored interior in our LS, and we love it.
Old 05-24-07, 03:04 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had the money, I'd spring for the Alabaster. I love the grey wood. It's something different from the standard dark wood and light maple wood.
Old 05-24-07, 05:19 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nextourer
If I had the money, I'd spring for the Alabaster. I love the grey wood. It's something different from the standard dark wood and light maple wood.
Actually the wood that comes with Alabaster is dark brown ash burl, it's the light grey leather that comes with the gray bird's eye maple.
Old 05-24-07, 05:33 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Alabaster was the interior I wanted in the beginning, but I ended up getting the cashemere. It's already a PITA to keep it clean. I'm glad I didn't get the alabaster after all. And I don't have kids.
Old 05-24-07, 05:45 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Burnaby
For my LS it was a slam dunk. For any car, and a family room, where frequent use (read abuse) or the environment are leather's biggest enemies, black is the optimal way to go.
I see what you're saying, you do have to be extra careful with an off-white interior, I know. I have the ecru interior inside my SC430 which is similar to the alabaster. I clean & condition the leather often.

I really don't mind the black interior for the LS460 at all as the driver, which I would be most of the time. But I noticed a big difference when I sat at the back of the LWB models where you can see the entire cabin all the time. The black feels much gloomier whereas the alabaster & the cashmere feels more spacious & bright, & with a more luxurious ambience(at least to me). If I have a chauffeur & is driven all the time, it would be a no-brainer .
I think the alabaster is the most elegant interior for this car, but the cashmere feels a little warmer & I like the lighter walnut wood trim a little better, I think I will probably be picking between these two
Old 05-24-07, 05:47 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
Alabaster was the interior I wanted in the beginning, but I ended up getting the cashemere. It's already a PITA to keep it clean. I'm glad I didn't get the alabaster after all. And I don't have kids.
Well I actually think all 3 of the light color leathers including the light grey are high maintainence . . .
Old 05-24-07, 07:31 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Actually the wood that comes with Alabaster is dark brown ash burl, it's the light grey leather that comes with the gray bird's eye maple.
Hmm, I thought Alabaster was the almost whitish interior.

Ohh.. so it's the grey eh? My mistake. I want the one with the grey bird's eye maple heh.
Old 05-24-07, 09:25 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alabaster rules

Very classy looking interior.

If I get an LS that is the color I would get... I got the light
gray right now and it is very high maintenance too, but it is
worth it IMHO.
Old 05-25-07, 08:10 AM
Rocman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought mine, Alabaster was a must.
Old 05-25-07, 08:13 AM
HiltonHead
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took delivery of my new LS LWB in February. I went with the Smoky Granite with Alabaster interior. Very pleased with the combination and quite surprised that it hasn't taken all that more effort to keep up than my previous Silver LS with Black interior.

Retired, living in the South, and no little ones anymore definitely helps!
Old 05-25-07, 11:49 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
I see what you're saying, you do have to be extra careful with an off-white interior, I know. I have the ecru interior inside my SC430 which is similar to the alabaster. I clean & condition the leather often.

I really don't mind the black interior for the LS460 at all as the driver, which I would be most of the time. But I noticed a big difference when I sat at the back of the LWB models where you can see the entire cabin all the time. The black feels much gloomier whereas the alabaster & the cashmere feels more spacious & bright, & with a more luxurious ambience(at least to me). If I have a chauffeur & is driven all the time, it would be a no-brainer .
I think the alabaster is the most elegant interior for this car, but the cashmere feels a little warmer & I like the lighter walnut wood trim a little better, I think I will probably be picking between these two
I'm a jeans & T-shirt kind of guy, and while I agree and would love a lighter tone, I would ruin it in no time. I also intend on keeping this car for ten years, and find lighter colours take a beating over a long span. I guess it depends on one's lifestyle. Same reason why I store the standard floor mats in favour of the all-weather variety.

Quick Reply: The ALABASTER interior is AWESOME !!