LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

ls460l start to get into surplus?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-07 | 11:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Default ls460l start to get into surplus?

so finally after all the temptation, today morning my wife and i rode to newport lexus to see what a 80million dealership is like, and of course take a look at the ls460. prior to this we went to maybe 3 or 4 dealerships and none of them had the ls460 in the showroom, very disappointed. i figured at newport beach this shouldn't be a problem.

it's a very nice dealership, big and very empty today coz' of the holiday. very good coz' that gave us time to look around and spend time in the car.

anyway, to my very surprise, we saw AT LEAST 3 or 4 ls460l in the showroom or immediate open areas. i didn't ask the sales how many ls460l they got in stock, but i started to think, is the car in surplus already? i am sure the ls460 is still in high demand, but having that many of them in the showroom that's kind of rare.

umm..... wonder what the price is now.... i didn't bother to ask
Old 05-28-07 | 11:47 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Well, you went to 3 or 4 Lexus dealers & didn't even see one LS460, that's pretty amazing to me. Maybe Newport is the largest that's why they have more cars, plus they are new too . . .

Oh, of the 3 or 4 LS460L's you saw in their showroom, which one do you like best ?
Old 05-29-07 | 12:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Well, you went to 3 or 4 Lexus dealers & didn't even see one LS460, that's pretty amazing to me. Maybe Newport is the largest that's why they have more cars, plus they are new too . . .

Oh, of the 3 or 4 LS460L's you saw in their showroom, which one do you like best ?
my very best guess is that other dealership are hiding the cars so they don't have too many people sit in them, or newport has no customers. i don't really believe in the later case, and honestly with the kind of people visiting newport lexus, they probably are not afraid of people sitting in those cars (seeing exotic cars there is nothing...)

out of all the ones i have seen, the black one completely stunned me they had one on the showroom which was what we sat in for the longest time.

unfortunately, for interior, we still think black is the best. maybe coz' of our gs400 with tan interior now, we don't really feel much on the alabaster
Old 05-29-07 | 12:34 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Interesting visit, sounds like! I don't know about the LS 460 L in surplus, Lexus stated that the allocation would be about 30%, but sometimes they deliberately understate figures.

Newport Lexus' business is good, they had $95 million in sales in the first 9 months or so: http://ocbj.com/print.asp?aid=409475...50&aID2=111169

I have yet had the chance to visit the place but from what I've seen it seems really nice. They were shown in a CNN video last week on the Lexus LS 600h.
Old 05-29-07 | 12:42 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
my very best guess is that other dealership are hiding the cars so they don't have too many people sit in them, or newport has no customers. i don't really believe in the later case, and honestly with the kind of people visiting newport lexus, they probably are not afraid of people sitting in those cars (seeing exotic cars there is nothing...)

out of all the ones i have seen, the black one completely stunned me they had one on the showroom which was what we sat in for the longest time.

unfortunately, for interior, we still think black is the best. maybe coz' of our gs400 with tan interior now, we don't really feel much on the alabaster

OK, black on black it is, when are you putting down your deposit

Me, I am still undecided, actually, I like all the interior colors except the light grey with grey wood. But for the LS, I just think a black interior takes away some of the luxurious ambience, I would pick black for the IS350, but I prefer the ambience of a lighter cabin for the LS, especially when I sit in the back (which would be infrequent, but once in a while would be nice ).

I can't decide on the exterior either, but it will likely be either the Black Sapphire/Alabaster, Truffle Mica/Cashmere or Noble spinel mica/cashmere, for now
Old 05-29-07 | 01:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by enigma888
Interesting visit, sounds like! I don't know about the LS 460 L in surplus, Lexus stated that the allocation would be about 30%, but sometimes they deliberately understate figures.

Newport Lexus' business is good, they had $95 million in sales in the first 9 months or so: http://ocbj.com/print.asp?aid=409475...50&aID2=111169

I have yet had the chance to visit the place but from what I've seen it seems really nice. They were shown in a CNN video last week on the Lexus LS 600h.
you should go take a look. i think it does define what luxury is. i had been to glendale and thought it's pretty darn luxury with all the setup, but newport is just something else. the fountain outside is already a big hint. inside is big screen everywhere, and the main showroom is just massive. i have to say, they do a great job on that dealership

andrew, it's funny coz' my wife said the black interior spells more class, i guess i am too biased to say much. bottom line is, i just love it too much, lol

deposit? you mean the one for the 600hl?
Old 05-29-07 | 07:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

andrew, it's funny coz' my wife said the black interior spells more class, i guess i am too biased to say much. bottom line is, i just love it too much, lol
Well, at least you guys are more certain on what you like. For me, I've been to all the dealers here the past couple weeks & sat in a few different LS's & I like them all.
I thought the Alabaster is stunning when I sat in it(the first & only time), I like the light & dark contrast, but the next day I sat in Cashmere again & thinks it feels more warm inside with the colors, they all seem so nice in their own way & I can't decide what to do. It's the same for the exterior, but at least I have eliminated most & is down to 3 or 4 now LOL
deposit? you mean the one for the 600hL ?
That's what you really want right ?

Last edited by Gojirra99; 05-29-07 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-29-07 | 07:59 AM
Rocman
Pole Position

That's where I bought mine. I actually did not even go to the showroom. They drove the car to me to get the deal done. They had 2 executives, and a laundry list of others in every color. They had at least 15 in stock at that time.
My local dealer has at least 7 in stock as well.
Old 05-29-07 | 08:26 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Newport Lexus caters to buyers that get the LS and SC and GS.

If you go to any other Lexus dealership, they're loaded with a bunch of IS and ES and RX.

I don't find it atypical. It's not a surplus of LS; that dealership caters to people who not only want the LS, but want a good selection to choose from.
Old 05-29-07 | 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Well, at least you guys are more certain on what you like. For me, I've been to all the dealers here the past couple weeks & sat in a few different LS's & I like them all.
I thought the Alabaster is stunning when I sat in it(the first & only time), I like the light & dark contrast, but the next day I sat in Cashmere again & thinks it feels more warm inside with the colors, they all seem so nice in their own way & I can't decide what to do. It's the same for the exterior, but at least I have eliminated most & is down to 3 or 4 now LOL

That's what you really want right ?
haha yeah, i guess you are going to have a very tough time choosing one but hey, at least it's good that you are choosing one. for me, i don't even know why i choose!!!

Originally Posted by Rocman
That's where I bought mine. I actually did not even go to the showroom. They drove the car to me to get the deal done. They had 2 executives, and a laundry list of others in every color. They had at least 15 in stock at that time.
My local dealer has at least 7 in stock as well.
Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Newport Lexus caters to buyers that get the LS and SC and GS.

If you go to any other Lexus dealership, they're loaded with a bunch of IS and ES and RX.

I don't find it atypical. It's not a surplus of LS; that dealership caters to people who not only want the LS, but want a good selection to choose from.
you guys are probably right, more on what the buyers are getting i suppose. you go to longo and most of the cars they sell are probably IS, ES, and RX, whereas in places like newport beach, people look at higher end stuff.

umm.... it's good that i work so close to newport lexus, i can literally go over there during lunch!
Old 05-29-07 | 01:40 PM
Nospinzone

I don't know if I would call it a surplus, but when I was shopping for mine at the end of Feb. beginning of March, I went to 5 dealers. The fewest I saw on hand for sale was two at one dealer. All the other dealers had at least 4 or more available. Of course a lot of people in the northeast don't like to get a shiny new car when there is still snow, and salt, on the roads.
Old 05-29-07 | 06:29 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Go to Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA...they have a lot of LS vehicles..especially long wheel base in a lot of colors...tan, green, red, white, silver...been that way for over a week as I have been in the dealership recently twice and they are all still there....a whole line of them. (I was in changing out my rims/tires..no major problems)
Old 05-30-07 | 01:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by acecert
Go to Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA...they have a lot of LS vehicles..especially long wheel base in a lot of colors...tan, green, red, white, silver...been that way for over a week as I have been in the dealership recently twice and they are all still there....a whole line of them. (I was in changing out my rims/tires..no major problems)
is that so? then i think longo is doing a **** poor job in showing their inventory... they don't even have one on the show floor for people to look and sit in, that's just lame. i have been to longo at least 3-4 times over the past 2 months and i have seen none on the floor. keeping the cars in the garage is not going to help anything...

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I don't know if I would call it a surplus, but when I was shopping for mine at the end of Feb. beginning of March, I went to 5 dealers. The fewest I saw on hand for sale was two at one dealer. All the other dealers had at least 4 or more available. Of course a lot of people in the northeast don't like to get a shiny new car when there is still snow, and salt, on the roads.
you mean the L version?
Old 05-30-07 | 02:29 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

if it is not in the showroom, it might be waiting for the delivery... otherwise, they put them into the showroom...
Old 05-30-07 | 08:22 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Their showroom is very small. They always have an LS parked right in front of the entry outside to show the car. The remaining stock is underground...and there's a lot of Ls in there!

Quick Reply: ls460l start to get into surplus?