LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

E550 vs LS460???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-07, 05:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

once a month that's highly unacceptable by my standard i thought after the previous s class mb has been trying to improve the quality...
Old 07-02-07, 09:11 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
once a month that's highly unacceptable by my standard i thought after the previous s class mb has been trying to improve the quality...
They want to and they seem to be getting better but they are just not there yet. I always think that it is strange that the Japanese can have almost flawless cars and everyone else is sitting and staring in envy. They need to start hiring away the shot callers from Honda/Toyota...
Old 07-02-07, 02:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,436 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by BUSTN
I am really leaning towards the e550 now. The lease deals on the e550 is $699 VS the $1238 for the ls460.
I just saw some pics of the 07' g37 sedan which look very nice as well. I know the g37 is no where near the same class of the ls but it's nice looking.Honestly, the LS is the only lexus vehicle that has caught my eye.I am looking to purchase a vehicle next week. I am really just confused right now.
Above you said you're looking at leases. So are you leasing or purchasing?

Honestly, is the e class even in the same league or as prestigious as the ls? Everywhere I pull up people stop and stare. I wonder if I would get the same attention in the e class?
Is that the goal, get attention?

You sound like you haven't prioritized what you want.

As you said, the E and LS are really not very alike at all. So what is it about each that attracts you to them?

IMHO - they stack up like this:

E:
- old but aging gracefully. Will look VERY old in a couple of years.
- drives nicely, quieter and smoother than most people realize.
- nice handling, excellent engine - quick. A nice sports sedan.
- lots of flexibility on options
- given where it is in the lifecycle (near the end) I would expect it to be quite reliable despite all the anecdotes.
- nice factory rims
- no matter what anyone says, it's still a benz.

LS:
- new.
- very quiet, very smooth, quite quick.
- expected to be very reliable
- ANY noise is annoying because everything else is so quiet - some owners complaining of wind noise, mostly on the SWB which doesn't have the double glass
- bigger than the E (just, in SWB, and lots in LWB)
- very little flexibility in options (often take it or leave it at dealers)
- not a sports sedan, more like what a Buick or Cadillac should be.
- I don't believe it will get you much 'attention' - unless it's black and just waxed.
- lots of little gadgets and luxury touches
- factory rims suck

So what do you want?
Old 07-03-07, 12:33 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pierre
In the meantime, if you want a fine German car, consider BMW.
Man I have to laugh that this comment The BMW was so fun to own, but I couldn't keep them because I was just too afraid of the possible maintenance cost after the warranty expired! The car didn't start up time to time (computer read transmission fault). The dealership said they can't duplicate the problem so there was no problem in there mind, even when I toke a picture of the warning with my camera phone. They said, if there was a problem, the computer would tell them, BULL ******!

My MB has 24k miles, the only problem I had was with the CD player so far (knock on wood), since the single CD player was a part of the entire head unit (Navigation system etc) I got a new Head (Command) Unit, so I got an updated system.

My experience with MB is far better than BMW...
Old 07-03-07, 03:06 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hehe, the LS 460 will get some attention from Lexus enthusiasts such as myself, E-Classes are too common and have been around a while lol.