LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Please Stop all of your complaining

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-07, 03:14 PM
sscarbuff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Stop all of your complaining

Guys, I am not new to Club Lexus because I have had several Lexus's over the years, but I have had several different cars in the middle. I just purchased a Lexus LS460L Touring as stated in a previous post. What I can't believe how much complaining and *****ing about so many different things when a forum should be an area where people who love their cars can talk about car stuff. Not does my car look like a camry or all their minor inconvienences with there vehicles. I mean every single one of you had every right to purchase whatever you wanted, is it that you are so damn spoiled by these cars that you have nothing better to talk about. Please Please buy a Benz or Bimmer but trust me they don't want your complaining over this in their forums. There is nothing worse then the excited new owner like myself seeing nothing but bad about there 80k purchase by most people who don't even have this car.

Just my thoughts
Old 07-14-07, 03:41 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree. At the same time I understand that people who buy Lexus cars want perfection, after all Lexus is the closest to perfection car on the road today, so little details are scrutnized and magnified by Lexus owners. Just like Lexus ads have "Pursuit of perfection" so do their customers' mind set.

But I agree, lets stop being cry babies
Old 07-14-07, 06:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well i guess this forum is for all people about anything, good or bad. the way i see it, as long as comments are constructive, i am totally fine with it, regardless or whether i like them or not.

it seems to be the same thing for other forums anyway. when the new IS, GS, and ES came out, i noticed a flood of problems and complaints. as time goes by i hope it will improve
Old 07-14-07, 06:56 PM
Atlas
Rookie

I take the good with the bad, but I am thankful to hear about the problems with the wind noise, transmission issues, and tire/road noise. I am not happy that a lot of the 460's have these issues, but I am glad I know about them. I placed an order for a 2008 LS460 SWB that will arrive in October. Hearing all of the complaints has made me edgy, but I am in a better position to deal with these issues because of this board. I will take a thorough test drive of my car and will be very alert due to the comments on this board.
Old 07-14-07, 08:02 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You won't regret your purchase. We're just too picky here, that's all.
Old 07-14-07, 08:34 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rominl, and others well said. This board is a place to post the good and the bad so we can all learn from it. I suggest carbuff you just read the good...

I guess the same can be said about when you read the news paper or watch the news.
Old 07-15-07, 12:27 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone has the right to vent. But my goodness, people don't realize that the perfect (stock) car is not out there.

If people want perfection, it's best to customize your car. Plain and simple.

Spend the money for the perfect car. Otherwise, the LS is the best "value" you can get for the amount of detail and technology and luxury out there...
Old 07-15-07, 01:10 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are quite a few LS posters who introduced themselves and their car when they first purchased it. After a few threads about their favorite parts about the car, they evidently went on with their lives and haven't posted much since.

Feel free to post about the many good things that the LS experience entails!

Please feel free to start any threads!

Last edited by encore888; 07-15-07 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-15-07, 11:04 AM
lexus111
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love My Car

I bought the 460L back in December and I feel that this is the best car that I have ever owned.

NO PROBLEMS at all!!! This car runs great!!! LOOKS Great!!! and is an all around Great Car!!!

Yes I have posted that I have a LITTLE wind noise.... As I followed another's post about it all you have to do is roll the window all the way up and then tap it lightly back down and most of it goes away.

Other than that situation which I find to NOT be a big deal at all this car has met every expectation and then some.

I would DEFINITELY buy this car again... and I had to pay FULL MSRP Since I ordered the car back in November when they were harder to find.

I agree that it is good to hear about real issues from REAL owners of these cars. I have always found it interesting to see comments from people who don't even own the car talking as if this is a big deal to them when at best they may have only test driven or have a friend who owns one that they have had the chance to ride in a few times.

I have DRIVEN mine for 12,000 miles so far and have had ZERO issues.

The car has provided me with EXACTLY what I was looking for in this car.

KEEP in mind what I said..... "Exactly what I was looking for"

If you are expecting something different than a very nice car with an incredible Mark Levinson Audio System, Great Technology, decent if not impressive acceleration and Great Gas Mileage ( I have been averaging 20mpg per tank and I drive fairly quick) , and a quiet luxurious ride / Please don't buy this car.

If you are a buyer looking only for performance then please look at a BMW M5 which my brother purchased just before I got my LS. He loves his car for what it is ... a street legal 4 door Race Car ... It is very loud and I can't figure out why someone might need so many adjustments to the transmission and suspession settings while driving but that is what that car was made for.

Different cars for different tastes... it is what makes the world such a great place. If we all had the same cars, clothes, homes, then it would be very boring and we would have nothing to talk about here.

Just my thoughts.

Again I Love my car and would recommend it to anyone considering it.... go and get one and enjoy!!!
Old 07-15-07, 11:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

excellent post, lexus111. very well put and i totally agree with you -- it's about what cars you want

(ok, i am not a ls460 owner)
Old 07-15-07, 01:45 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that there is too much complaining. You can start by posting things you LIKE about the car!
Old 07-17-07, 04:27 PM
socaljint
Driver School Candidate

Lexus111, exactly. I got mine in December too and also have zero problems, not even any wind noise.
Old 07-17-07, 05:10 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 149 Posts

yep.. just ur thoughts.. thanks