LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Bluetooth Functionality (speed dial, data transfer)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-07, 09:29 AM
Scrappy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Functionality (speed dial, data transfer)

I picked up my LS460L two days ago. (Nobel Spinel Mica/Cashmere) The car is absolutely gorgeous, and so far I have no complaints. It's an incredible machine.

I'm hoping someone can help me with a bluetooth function. Is it possible while driving, to access messages through a voice mail system. I have programmed it so it calls my office, dials my extension and dials my password. But then the voice mail system prompts you to press 1 for new messages, or press 9 to delete a message, etc. The keypad is greyed out while driving, so is it possible to carry out these functions.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-18-07, 09:59 AM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

Congrats on the new car! That's exactly my color combination (see my thread on what color to call it).

My guess is, and this is only a guess, that you would need to push the button on your cel phone.
Old 07-18-07, 12:13 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on your new LS 460 L and welcome to Club Lexus!

Some interesting suggestions follow...

Last edited by encore888; 07-18-07 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-18-07, 03:52 PM
ikey78
Driver

Actually you can do what you are requesting by using voice prompts.

While in a call, push the talk button and after the beep say the number eg. 1 or 9. When the system reads it back to you as a confirmation, press the off hook button and it will send the number. You can also include # and * eg 3# which deletes messages in some voicemail systems. You can use this system to dial extensions when you get an automated attendant.

To help avoid the phone system timing out on you while you issue these commands, turn off "Voice Recognition Guidance in all Modes" in your Nav setup. With it off, you get a simple beep when you push the talk button rather than the lady telling you what to do and waiting for her to end her speech.
Old 07-18-07, 05:14 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey, that's a great tip ikey78. I was going to suggest putting a pause/s, but I like yours better.
Old 07-19-07, 12:21 PM
Scrappy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input, but I discovered the solution myself. On the speed dial set up screen, there is a place to enter up to 6 speed tones. I set up one to "go to new message", another to "save message" and another to "delete Message". The speed tones are operable while driving. Problem solved!
Old 07-20-07, 02:27 PM
ikey78
Driver

Originally Posted by Scrappy
Thanks for the input, but I discovered the solution myself. On the speed dial set up screen, there is a place to enter up to 6 speed tones. I set up one to "go to new message", another to "save message" and another to "delete Message". The speed tones are operable while driving. Problem solved!
Good pickup. The speed tones are not well described in the manual. I played around with the system after I read your post and basically it allows you to enter a string of predetermined numbers from a screen that you can access while in any call. You access the speed tones button by pushing the "0-9" button during a call.

If you have already programmed pauses into the number you cannot use speed tones.
Old 07-20-07, 04:28 PM
thrang
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Congrats on the new car! That's exactly my color combination (see my thread on what color to call it).

My guess is, and this is only a guess, that you would need to push the button on your cel phone.
And my color combo too - picked up Tuesday!

And I thought I was taking a chance....
Old 07-20-07, 05:53 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speaking about bluetooth, which carriers offer bluetooth phones without crippled data transfer? I'm currently with Verizon but I'm ready to give them the boot if I can use any other carrier that would let me transfer my contacts from my phone to my car.
Old 07-20-07, 07:09 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
Speaking about bluetooth, which carriers offer bluetooth phones without crippled data transfer? I'm currently with Verizon but I'm ready to give them the boot if I can use any other carrier that would let me transfer my contacts from my phone to my car.
I have Treo 700 with Sprint and have no issues with contact transfers or BT functions. So far so good.
Old 07-21-07, 12:36 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Good to know, thanks. My days as a Verizon slave are over - I'm switching tomorrow.

Verizon is nothing more than a bunch of greedy SOBs - their phones are completely crippled when it comes to data transfer, so if you want that picture you just took, gotta use their network to pull it out. Or, if you want the phonebook in your car... well, you get the idea.

So here, Verizon - cripple this !!
Old 07-21-07, 06:23 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dimapb
I have Treo 700 with Sprint and have no issues with contact transfers or BT functions. So far so good.
I have a friend with the same exact phone, with sprint. We tested it on my car and while I was able to pair the phone to the car and make and receive phone calls, when I try to transfer the phone book it just sits there forever on that "transfering" screen and it does not transfer anything.

Any advices?
Old 07-22-07, 09:48 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

I have a VZW phone and a T-mobile Blackberry and neither will transfer Contact files to our Lexus cars. However, this is not important to me although it certainly may be for others. The strength, speed and coverage of the network is what is important to me and VZW is the recognized leader in all respects in that regard, especially in the Seattle area but also nationwide (see Consumer Reports).
Old 07-22-07, 10:14 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Hendjaz, here's what you should do for your T-Mobile Blackberry:

- On the Steering Wheel -
1. Press the off hook button

- On the Nav system -
1. Select “Phone Book”
2. If you are prompted to transfer contacts, select “Yes” and continue to step 5
3. Select “Options”
4. Select “Transfer Data”
5. Select desired Group
6. Select whether you wish to “Add” or ”Overwrite”

PHONE WILL DISCONNECT - THAT'S OK

- On the Phone -
1. Select "Menu"
2. Select "Options"
3. Select "Bluetooth"
4. Select "Handsfree"
5. Select "Transfer Address Book"
Old 07-24-07, 06:21 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Is there a way to talk on your handset to have a private conversation without turning off the bluetooth function on your handset? Even if I dial through the handset, it goes onto the speaker in the car and not through the phone. Someone wanted to use my phone today, but I had to turn off the bluetooth function on my phone so they could use the handset.

Craig

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Functionality (speed dial, data transfer)