LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Why no Memory Seat on the Passenger Side?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-07, 06:47 AM
sscarbuff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why no Memory Seat on the Passenger Side?

I don't know if this was ever addressed before on this forum but I was curious the other day. Even in the 120 plus k 600hL it does not have it. What is more interesting is that all Lexus Sedans have a memory on the passenger side why not in the flagship there has got to be a reason.
Old 07-23-07, 09:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, this topic has been beaten to death, but no one knows why (and can't seem to find the answer)
Old 07-23-07, 11:16 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Wasn't it speculation b/c with when the rear ottoman folds out, it would crush the leg rest if the front passenger seat moves too far back.

All that lexus needs to do is to have some kind of position limiter for the front seat when the rear leg rest is fold out.

It would cost lexus more $ to develope a different system for the LS without the rear seat massager, so just deleting this function is much cheaper-----my interpretation
Old 07-23-07, 12:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it could be, but at the same time i figure it shouldn't be hard to program it so things work together. for example on the sc430, if you recline the seat and push it back, if it sense that it will hit the rear seat, it will put the seat more upright.

either way, i can't remember now, but i thought we had pics (either japan or europe) where there are memory buttons for passenger front. maybe someone can confirm
Old 07-23-07, 01:43 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Wasn't it speculation b/c with when the rear ottoman folds out, it would crush the leg rest if the front passenger seat moves too far back.

All that lexus needs to do is to have some kind of position limiter for the front seat when the rear leg rest is fold out.

It would cost lexus more $ to develope a different system for the LS without the rear seat massager, so just deleting this function is much cheaper-----my interpretation
When the Ottoman feature is activated, the front seat automatically moves forward & down. Thereafter, the front seat can't be used until the Ottoman feature is de-activated.
Old 07-23-07, 02:04 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burnaby
When the Ottoman feature is activated, the front seat automatically moves forward & down. Thereafter, the front seat can't be used until the Ottoman feature is de-activated.
Correct! Although, it does not matter how much that front seat is moved up, I can not get enough leg room to raise the ottoman. You have to be Japanese to fit back there. My kids love it though.
Old 07-23-07, 02:19 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

You're right. I'd like to know when Lexus will give the driver a nice massage as well. After all, we get to drive the car somewhere; the back seat occupants just get to drive us crazy.
Old 07-23-07, 02:40 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the back seat occupants just get to drive us crazy.
HAHA you're 200% right on that one!
Old 07-23-07, 03:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

when you start raising the foot rest, the front seats start to go forward? umm somehow i recall differently at the lexus event, maybe that's a demo? i remember i had to use the button on the front seat to make it go all the way to the front first, and the funny thing was when i was in the back enjoying the ottoman, a lady got in the front and starting to push the seat back @_@
Old 07-23-07, 03:56 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
when you start raising the foot rest, the front seats start to go forward? umm somehow i recall differently at the lexus event, maybe that's a demo? i remember i had to use the button on the front seat to make it go all the way to the front first, and the funny thing was when i was in the back enjoying the ottoman, a lady got in the front and starting to push the seat back @_@
OK, I just went out and checked.
There is the ottoman switch on the left. Pushing that button raises and lowers the ottoman, WITHOUT moving the front seat. Over on the right side, there is the ottoman + front seat, that moves the seat all the way up and then raises the ottoman. At first I remembered it being automatic, but then I remember that my son has it up with my wife in the passenger seat, so obviously the seat did not go forward.

Old 07-23-07, 04:00 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Ah, I guess I just played with the auto switch, however I remember the sales guy telling me the two moved together.
Old 07-23-07, 04:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

cool cool, thanks for the clarification. actually i think it would be a nice thing to make both move together. though maybe afraid if someone is actually in the front seat and the rear passenger accidentally press on the wrong button? that would be fun to see
Old 07-23-07, 04:15 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
cool cool, thanks for the clarification. actually i think it would be a nice thing to make both move together. though maybe afraid if someone is actually in the front seat and the rear passenger accidentally press on the wrong button? that would be fun to see
Yes, it is fun to see!
Old 07-23-07, 04:19 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL, I have visions of a front-seat passenger freaking out.

I do agree, based on this thread, the front-seat passenger memory thing (weird when seeing that the memory is offered in other, less expensive Lexus models as well as the SC), probably has to do with the rear-seat "boss" thing, as illustrated by the Exec seating package.
Old 07-23-07, 04:30 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

yeah, but I believe the Exec.Package is only a small % of all LS's, so I still think it's not a good enough reason the non-exec.package LS's do not have the memory buttons ...

Quick Reply: Why no Memory Seat on the Passenger Side?