LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 L using Bluetooth question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-07 | 10:19 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Default LS 460 L using Bluetooth question

Hello guys ive noticed something while using the handsfree now lets say my bluetooth is connected to the car and someone calls and i have friends with me in the car so i decide to make that conversation private by turning off the bluetooth from My phone now im using the phone again either with my hands or headphones. Conversation is now over and i want the bluetooth to be set again to handsfree so i turn on my bluetooth but didnt work , i tuned off my phone and back on but it didnt work. I stopped the car and doing the following in my touch screen :
Info-> Bluetooth -> Settings -> Bluetooth -> Register - > and using my phone and searching for the cars bluetooth i manged to connect again.

Is there any hack to connect to the car bluetooth while im driving and having no problems at all turning the phone's bluetooth ON/OFF without stopping the car ?
Old 08-02-07 | 10:24 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

I use the 'transfer call' button on the nav screen. That is what it is designed for. Alternately, a couple of times my phone has lost pairing while driving. I have only needed to switch the BT off and then right back on again at the phone, and I have reconnected every time without even stopping. I hope that helps.
Old 08-02-07 | 10:28 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350Dave
I use the 'transfer call' button on the nav screen. That is what it is designed for. Alternately, a couple of times my phone has lost pairing while driving. I have only needed to switch the BT off and then right back on again at the phone, and I have reconnected every time without even stopping. I hope that helps.
Thanx for the quick feedback ill try hitting that button ill go try it now and post back again.
Old 08-02-07 | 10:43 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Thanx a million + a Million More , first i thought the car doesnt support this feature its been like i month and i was starting to hate it.I never thought of that button your post was very helpful
Old 08-04-07 | 09:56 PM
Scrappy
Driver School Candidate

My Call Transfer button is greyed out while I am moving. Is that normal? Is it a setting that my dealer can change?
Old 08-04-07 | 11:19 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Scrappy
My Call Transfer button is greyed out while I am moving. Is that normal? Is it a setting that my dealer can change?

When i tried pushing the "Transfer" button the car was at rest and it was not greyed out. Yesterday i was driving my car and had the same issue the button was greyed out, check your phone you will see a button named handset when you push it it will disconnect from the handsfree. To set it back to handsfree is to look at the same place where you hit the handset button you will see bluetooth push it or if you end the call in handset mode the next call automatically will be set to handsfree, tried it yesterday hope this helps

*My phone is N95

This is a pic from the internet Both buttons will replace "Music Player"
-Handset
-Bluetooth

depending on your choice.

I'll post a snap from my phone later. with both options
Old 08-05-07 | 02:13 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

If the car is at rest you may use the transfer button if your moving the only way to get around it is using the phone.

I hope it makes sense to you now bro ..
Old 05-17-12 | 11:21 AM
lcril522
Driver School Candidate

Default Transer Call does not work while moviing

Is this true? The Transfer call button is "greyed" out while the car is moving? If so, I really don't like that. They will force you to look at your phone, find your bluetooth screen, then disconnect the bluetooth. That can't be safe. Almost like texting while you drive. Why not allow me to use the large screen in my car and hit one button?

I got a new Lexus LS in January. It has been driving me nuts when I am driving and my "transfer call" button is not enabled. I guess I now know why. Why would they design it this way?