LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

NEED HELP!!! NEW LS460 owner (lost only key)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 10:31 PM
John007
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! NEW LS460 owner (lost only key)

Alright guys I have a problem I lost my ls460 key or left it somewhere and I have some important info in my navigation system that I really need such as address and stuff does anyone know how I can turn on the navigation system without a key???
Old 08-16-07, 10:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm you lost all the keys?! that's trouble man, without the key i don't think you can turn anything on
Old 08-16-07, 10:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have the ability to unlock your car? What about the second key or something?

Last edited by encore888; 08-17-07 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-16-07, 11:42 PM
John007
Driver

I had left the door open so I basicly have access to the car but I don't have any of the keys( dealer only gave me one key teh remote one)... Any suggestions would help I just need my info from my navigation. The dealership told me 2 weeks for a new key and reprogram they said its to new or something and that they have to order it for the car... but I need my info before 2 week wait... suggestions and hints would help... Plus does anyone know where I can get a new key made that is cheaper than the dealership they are pricing me around 350 for a key and program.
Old 08-17-07, 12:14 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John007
I had left the door open so I basicly have access to the car but I don't have any of the keys( dealer only gave me one key teh remote one)... Any suggestions would help I just need my info from my navigation. The dealership told me 2 weeks for a new key and reprogram they said its to new or something and that they have to order it for the car... but I need my info before 2 week wait... suggestions and hints would help... Plus does anyone know where I can get a new key made that is cheaper than the dealership they are pricing me around 350 for a key and program.
There is no way retrieving the info without the key. Even if you found somone to copy the car key for you they still need the original key.
Old 08-17-07, 01:18 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I'm wondering why the dealer gave you only one SmartAccess key. There should be 2 SmartAccess keys IIRC. If there was a way to activate the car...I assume it is stuck someplace...hopefully safe.

Mentioned earlier about the wallet key, never mind.

Last edited by encore888; 08-17-07 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-17-07, 01:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i don't think the ls460 has card keys anymore?!
Old 08-17-07, 02:28 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I checked, and you are probably right. What threw me off was that the LS 430 with SmartAccess has 3 key fobs, including 1 valet key w/ SmartAccess (partial) plus a flat key with 2 parts, one for the engine immobilizer.

Checking a recent manual, I just realized how Lexus simplified it apparently for the push-button SmartAccess system, just 2 key fobs w/ mechanical keys attached, plus a key number plate for ID purposes.

Losing that fob means losing the SmartAccess transponder key + the attached mechanical key. However each vehicle should come with 2 of those? Hmm, if only there was a good idea where that key was, it is certainly an expensive loss.

I checked eBay and searching for Lexus key remote does bring up a few of the 2006-2007 key fobs for sale. BTW, just for reference, but the Smart Card key is listed for $440+ at this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=298167

Good luck in either finding your lost key or getting a new one.

Last edited by encore888; 08-17-07 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-17-07, 09:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah, i am surprised that the ls460 "starts" to come with less keys now. a card key or something with a transporter inside would definitely help
Old 08-17-07, 01:00 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah, the car should have come with two keys. I would be calling the dealership to ask where the second smart key is.

Good luck,

Craig
Old 08-17-07, 03:59 PM
DanceEagle
Driver School Candidate

That's a problem. You are a stucky of modern technology.

You need that key or your car ends up being 2 Tons of worthless pretty but dead weight. Call you dealer and get some new keys ASAP. Meanwhile ask for a loaner. They have key codes which will hurry it up a bit.

I misplace keys all the time. That is why I liked the old 430 key system which came with one key that didn't wirelessly open and start the car. So I always put that key hidden under the car as a "Hide-A-Key". Can't do that with the new keyless system on the 460 meaning if misplaced you are ",,,,out of luck".

Sorry buddy.
Old 08-17-07, 05:00 PM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

If you are like me and keep your car for a few years, an alternative is to have the electronic computer chip implanted just under your skin (such as your forearm). This way the "key" is always with you.

The only drawback is that just when you are becoming romantic with your wife/significant other, that damn fasten seatbelts chime keeps going off!
Old 08-17-07, 05:41 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
If you are like me and keep your car for a few years, an alternative is to have the electronic computer chip implanted just under your skin (such as your forearm). This way the "key" is always with you.

The only drawback is that just when you are becoming romantic with your wife/significant other, that damn fasten seatbelts chime keeps going off!
You are too funny!!!
Old 08-17-07, 08:25 PM
sjpobox
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, let me give you some advice, call the lexus roadside assistance number and set up a pick for the tow truck. Have your car towed to the dealership, our techstream can access the vehicle which will delelte all keys <smart feature> and program new ones. I have done many cars that people have lost there keys or stolen, the tech will have to re-seed the ecu. I would make the new car department pay for the charges. you certainly want a trained lexus qualified tech working on it.
Old 08-17-07, 10:00 PM
John007
Driver

Yeah, I contacted the dealership a week ago to order a new key and they told me the key came in 2 days ago and told me to tow the car to the dealership. So I towed it to the dealership and they told me that I should tow my car home. Lexus dealership said " the car is to new and we don't have it" Lexus made me pretty mad that day they told me to come back with the car 2 weeks from now and made me tow the car back home. 70 dollar tow each time equally 140 dollars and a waste of time. I have to tow it back up again in 2 weeks with no re emburstments wat so ever. I accually have another question does the door lock itself after a week of the door being close and undrive? I am just wondering because if it does than I am saved because than I know that the key is in the car somewhere and I have to hunt it down.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!! NEW LS460 owner (lost only key)