LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Discount on 2007 LS460

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 04:29 PM
mmorozov
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acecert
Is there a successful navigation override available now?
I've heard about a semi-successful hack that gives you back nav and phone, but no video. Generally the problem with LS 460 is that you can't just cut the speed and GPS signal. There are some conditions under which the system locks itself and requires restarting the engine. In order to avoid this, the signal needs to be restored on a timer. So every 30 seconds or so, the screen locks-out for a second or two. I don't have this system, but somebody in this forum wrote about it. I guess it's better than nothing, but I am still hoping for a better solution to surface.
Old 09-25-07, 06:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

still, lock up every 30 secs is kind of silly imho. when people see it it's like "hey your cpu isn't fast enough?" the system on the ls460 is far more complicated, especially with the electronically controlled parking brake, it adds even more problems to the equations

which there's a better fix
Old 09-26-07, 02:26 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2007 LS460L Executive Class Discount

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2007 460L Executive Class Seating. Any thoughts on discounts? I'm getting a Costco discount ($4K). Is that good or not? I test drove it extensively yesterday and no wind noise issues. It was produced in 07/07. Just arrived at the dealer- They say that they don't get many and normally don't discount.

Thanks, LT

This would be my second LS. I bought my first in late 1990 (a 1991 LS400) and it served me well until late last year - 16 years and 350K miles.
Old 09-26-07, 02:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

msrp is 94k, so you are getting it for 90k?

i will tell you this much. i wasn't even shopping, just happened to be at a dealership and there was this exec package. the sales wanted me to take the car and without even trying he lowered to 90k already. i am sure if i worked him a bit, getting 87k shouldn't be a problem.

the invoice on the car is probably around 82k or so (my guess). at 87k that's still quite some profit for them.

the car is exclusive, but at the same time not that easy to sell neither
Old 09-26-07, 03:03 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to CL, astrotoy! Good luck on your purchase. We have one known LS Exec owner on this board, he got his in March for around $94K:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=269413
Old 09-26-07, 04:10 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
msrp is 94k, so you are getting it for 90k?

i will tell you this much. i wasn't even shopping, just happened to be at a dealership and there was this exec package. the sales wanted me to take the car and without even trying he lowered to 90k already. i am sure if i worked him a bit, getting 87k shouldn't be a problem.

the invoice on the car is probably around 82k or so (my guess). at 87k that's still quite some profit for them.

the car is exclusive, but at the same time not that easy to sell neither
Yes, it is $90K. I walked in looking for a Silver exec package - and there it was - just arrived. I guess it was blind luck. I didn't realize that there were not a bunch of them available in different colors. In any case, I want to thank all of you who operate and participate in this forum. I went home and found the clublexus forum on the internet. I would not have gotten the information about how to check for the wind noise issue - or glove box, or transmission hesitation, or even to listen for tire noise. I went back the next day (yesterday) and took the test drive. I was careful to look at the date of production, check the laminate windows (which I guess are standard in the LWB) and do the long test drive. One small question. I asked the dealer about the possibility of switching the Bridgestone Turenza (?) tires which are on the car with Michelin's which were mentioned as being quieter - should that cost anything or be useful? I really didn't notice anything out of the ordinary for tire noise. But then again, I didn't have two of the cars to check out with different tires. As I remember from my old 91 LS400, it came with Z rated tires and they only lasted well under 40K miles - I don'r remember exactly. Do the tires on the 460 last? I know not too many have that kind of mileage on their cars yet.

Thanks again.
Old 09-26-07, 04:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

for the tires, if they are willing to swap, it shouldn't cost anything. these are still brand new tires, you probably won't really hear any tire noise at this point. not until the tires are broken in and start to wear a bit. so it's hard to say.

i have seen more than a few exec package ls460l around here in socal areas, it's nothing that "special" to certain extend. i would definitely try to talk them down on the prices. i wouldn't listen to the "no discount" talk for sure. the salesman told me the same in the beginning too. i told him no way i am getting a car at msrp, and he just kept on lowering to 90k until i brushed him off. so there you go

good luck and let us know how it goes

oh and i forgot, welcome to CL
Old 09-26-07, 07:39 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Why do you get this impression? I am a software engineer.
sorry its a known fact that all car magazines that compare lexus cars to anything say the same things you said about the LS. lol. that it is an isolation chamber and the suspension is too soft.

just a little joke...-.-
Old 09-26-07, 09:29 PM
mmorozov
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
sorry its a known fact that all car magazines that compare lexus cars to anything say the same things you said about the LS. lol. that it is an isolation chamber and the suspension is too soft.
Do you see anybody saying otherwise?
Old 09-30-07, 05:36 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Default Picked My LWB Exec Class Yesterday

I bit the bullet with the encouragement of my wfe. She has been having a great time in the right rear seat, with the ottoman up and the seat back reclined. I need to get a chauffer's hat. At my age, I like the comfort setting on the suspension and everything so effortless. The only challenge is reading the manuals - they are about 3 or 4 times thicker in total than the one that came with my 91 LS400. There are also appear to be a 100 times more buttons and controls. I'm taking it slowly. One question - my wife is 5'6" and can stretch out all the way in the back seat. I'm 6'1" and I can't, even with the front passenger seat in the most forward postion (using the control in the rear). Has this been brought up as an issue? I don't think it will be a major issue, since my wife is not going to let me use the right rear seat when she is in the car.

BTW, I got $4K off (Costco pricing) on the 94K MSRP. It is a late 2007 (production 7/07) with no wind noise, transmission hesitation, glove box rattling. I don't know whether anyt 2008's with exe seating have landed yet.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-07, 06:10 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Congrats for the new Executive Package
Originally Posted by astrotoy
I bit the bullet with the encouragement of my wfe. She has been having a great time in the right rear seat, with the ottoman up and the seat back reclined. I need to get a chauffer's hat. At my age, I like the comfort setting on the suspension and everything so effortless. The only challenge is reading the manuals - they are about 3 or 4 times thicker in total than the one that came with my 91 LS400. There are also appear to be a 100 times more buttons and controls. I'm taking it slowly. One question - my wife is 5'6" and can stretch out all the way in the back seat. I'm 6'1" and I can't, even with the front passenger seat in the most forward postion (using the control in the rear).
I'm 5'11" & I can't either. I do still think it's more comfortable with the recline even if you can't stretch out all the way . . . I don't think it's a major issue since we know this car is not as long as a Maybach 62 . . .
Has this been brought up as an issue? I don't think it will be a major issue, since my wife is not going to let me use the right rear seat when she is in the car.
BTW, I got $4K off (Costco pricing) on the 94K MSRP. It is a late 2007 (production 7/07) with no wind noise, transmission hesitation, glove box rattling.
Glad to hear that , hope they stay that way
Old 09-30-07, 06:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I bit the bullet with the encouragement of my wfe. She has been having a great time in the right rear seat, with the ottoman up and the seat back reclined. I need to get a chauffer's hat. At my age, I like the comfort setting on the suspension and everything so effortless. The only challenge is reading the manuals - they are about 3 or 4 times thicker in total than the one that came with my 91 LS400. There are also appear to be a 100 times more buttons and controls. I'm taking it slowly. One question - my wife is 5'6" and can stretch out all the way in the back seat. I'm 6'1" and I can't, even with the front passenger seat in the most forward postion (using the control in the rear). Has this been brought up as an issue? I don't think it will be a major issue, since my wife is not going to let me use the right rear seat when she is in the car.

BTW, I got $4K off (Costco pricing) on the 94K MSRP. It is a late 2007 (production 7/07) with no wind noise, transmission hesitation, glove box rattling. I don't know whether anyt 2008's with exe seating have landed yet.

Thanks.
congrats on the car!!!!! about your height, up it's the thing with the setup, but i really wouldn't call it an issue. i mean, unless they make the car even longer, otherwise it's almost impossible
Old 09-30-07, 09:26 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99% of all Japanese can recline, lazy Americans should take what they deserve...