LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

ABS Auto disables itself while its turned on? (actually AFS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 11:46 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ABS Auto disables itself while its turned on? (actually AFS)

This issue happens once or twice a week, Default is ABS ( ON ) , when i stop at a trafic light and take off or put the gear to "N" and back to "D" ive noticed the ABS is disabled and i have to push the button to re-enable it.

Is anyone having ther same issue besides me ?
Old 08-27-07, 12:27 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just wondering do you also use the Brake Hold feature?
Old 08-27-07, 12:58 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

No i dont use that feature because i dont fasten my seat belt. But i tried it like 5 times works perfect especially when waiting for the trafic lights to turn green rather than the way i do it; shifting gear to "N" which sometimes makes the car move backwards so you still have to push the "Hand Brake" and then remove your leg from the brake pedal.
Old 08-27-07, 02:13 PM
dsc07
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by uaexuae
This issue happens once or twice a week, Default is ABS ( ON ) , when i stop at a trafic light and take off or put the gear to "N" and back to "D" ive noticed the ABS is disabled and i have to push the button to re-enable it.

Is anyone having ther same issue besides me ?
ABS as in Anti-Lock Brake System? There is no switch for that. If you are seeing the yellow ABS light on the instrument panel, it indicates a malfunction and you should have it checked right away. The ABS light has no (ON)/(OFF) indicator. Just the light, and when it's on, there is a problem.

Perhaps you are confusing it with the AFS feature - Adaptive Front Light system, which does show (ON)/(OFF). This can be turned on and off by the switch just above the change drawer near the drivers door. This happens to me almost every time I get change out of the drawer, because of it's poor placement, I accidentally hit the AFS button and turn the system off.
Old 08-27-07, 02:27 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dsc07
ABS as in Anti-Lock Brake System? There is no switch for that. If you are seeing the yellow ABS light on the instrument panel, it indicates a malfunction and you should have it checked right away. The ABS light has no (ON)/(OFF) indicator. Just the light, and when it's on, there is a problem.

Perhaps you are confusing it with the AFS feature - Adaptive Front Light system, which does show (ON)/(OFF). This can be turned on and off by the switch just above the change drawer near the drivers door. This happens to me almost every time I get change out of the drawer, because of it's poor placement, I accidentally hit the AFS button and turn the system off.

Thanx a million + a million more that seemed to be my problem thanx again.