LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Black Opal 600hL being built (now confirmed & built w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-07 | 12:07 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

The Lexus Europe designation is "Dark Opal" which is pretty close, unlike say Verdigris Mica becoming Eucalyptus Green...
Old 09-12-07 | 09:51 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb I found an LS600h L in Black Opal

Remember what I said in post #2 that this was odd!!!?? Well I was right!!

OK, here is the deal!!! I was at South Bay Lexus today in Torrance, CA.. getting some last minute things done, before I pick up my Special Order 2008 IS350

Low and behold I found my self sitting inside a 2008 LS600h L in Black Opal..
(non Executive Pkg)
It did have the Premium Lux Pkg II, etc, with 19's and the Pre-Collision System

MSRP $115,412

Here are just a few pics from my cell phone camera..
my digi camera had dead batteries..

If you want this car, call Gloria Rincon @ South Bay Lexus and you tell her "Joe Z" sent ya!!!

Enjoy this Beauty!!!!

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-12-07 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 09-12-07 | 10:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Nice pics, thanks for posting Joe Z! And congrats on your forthcoming IS 350!

The proof is right there, Black Opal. Gorgeous. And, so this vehicle isn't yet spoken for...any takers?
Old 09-12-07 | 11:05 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by enigma888
Nice pics, thanks for posting Joe Z! And congrats on your forthcoming IS 350!

The proof is right there, Black Opal. Gorgeous. And, so this vehicle isn't yet spoken for...any takers?
Thanks & No problem!!!

Correct... Just sitting on the showroom floor next to a white LS460 Executive Pkg..
Both were not spoken for..

More pics added!!

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-12-07 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-12-07 | 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

very nice! so now we know the car is being built
Old 09-13-07 | 07:34 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by rominl
very nice! so now we know the car is being built
Agreed 110%!!!
Is there any way we can add/edit this thread title???
Something like "Now Confirmed & built w/pics"
Old 09-13-07 | 07:41 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

That's the exact car I ordered.

OK. Time to call the dealer.
Old 09-13-07 | 07:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Thanks for the pics, they're being built alright, but the problem still remains, why customers who ordered them are kept in the dark as to when they can take delivery ? The factory must have a schedule & they should let their dealers know when certain orders can be delivered.

In this case, they have one dealer with a Black Opal unspoken for sitting at a dealer's, but have at least a couple others(just those posting/browsing in this forum) kept totally in the dark on when they can get their Black Opal because their dealers have no idea Lexus should be able to provide better sales service than this for a $110K+ car.
Old 09-13-07 | 08:26 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Thanks for the pics, they're being built alright, but the problem still remains, why customers who ordered them are kept in the dark as to when they can take delivery ? The factory must have a schedule & they should let their dealers know when certain orders can be delivered.

In this case, they have one dealer with a Black Opal unspoken for sitting at a dealer's, but have at least a couple others(just those posting/browsing in this forum) kept totally in the dark on when they can get their Black Opal because their dealers have no idea Lexus should be able to provide better sales service than this for a $110K+ car.
No problem on the pics!!!

I think the problem is with the certain dealerships... My dealership seems to be well informed on all that I have asked of them.

Each dealership has a District Manager that reports to Lexus corporate.. That DM should be able to answer any reasonable question on a car being produced or on order in Japan

There should be nothing secret about this car and its availablity.

It all depends on how hard they work to get the information..

Example in May/June I had 3 different dealerships confirm to me that I could no longer order a Sport Pkg... Well I didn't take NO for an answer..

When I found Gloria @ Southbay, she confirmed for me that there would be NO problem at all in getting a 2007 Sport Pkg.. She was even nice enough to call me at the end of June to tell me it was rolled into a 2008 .

Joe Z
Old 09-13-07 | 09:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

like i said before, the car is "sitting" in the dealership coz' the car was "ordered" by the owner of the dealership or so. to lexus, the car was spoken for long ago.

not that i am saying what lexus does is alright, but it's definitely not the case of one dealership getting a car and just sit there while the others ordered the car but got nothing
Old 09-13-07 | 10:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
like i said before, the car is "sitting" in the dealership coz' the car was "ordered" by the owner of the dealership or so. to lexus, the car was spoken for long ago.

not that i am saying what lexus does is alright, but it's definitely not the case of one dealership getting a car and just sit there while the others ordered the car but got nothing
IIRC. one member here ordered the car May 06, that's 16 months ago when the car was announced, that's as early as it's possible for a customer. But one dealership got the car (assuming it's an actual fact that the owner of the dealership ordered it as you said) while the others have no info at all ? So Lexus & their dealers can't even give them info about when it will be delivered, or does Lexus even know about the demand of certain colors/packages & at least try to fill them ASAP to satisfy their customers to provide good service ? or does the dealers who took deposits even give updates to the Lexus factory in Japan what colors/packages are wanted in their list ?

It doesn't look to me they even have a system in place to keep track of this, & that's unacceptable for a car in this price range.
Again, we are not talking about any customization of color/trim/options combinations here that will impact their manufacturing process, just a systematic(& more active) way to keep the dealers informed of what combinations will be produced when, so they can tell the customers what color/packages will be available for delivery at a certain date reasonably in advance.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 09-13-07 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-13-07 | 10:39 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

IIRC. one member here ordered the car May 06, that's 16 months ago when the car was announced, that's as early as it's possible for a customer. But one dealership got the car (assuming it's an actual fact that the owner of the dealership ordered it as you said) while the others have no info at all ? So Lexus & their dealers can't even give them info about when it will be delivered, or does Lexus even know about the demand of certain colors/packages & at least try to fill them ASAP to satisfy their customers to provide good service ? or does the dealers who took deposits even give updates to the Lexus factory in Japan what colors/packages are wanted in their list ?

It doesn't look to me they even have a system in place to keep track of this, & that's unacceptable for a car in this price range.
Again, we are not talking about any customization of color/trim/options combinations here that will impact their manufacturing process, just a systematic(& more active) way to keep the dealers informed of what combinations will be produced when, so they can tell the customers what color/packages will be available for delivery at a certain date reasonably in advance.
Old 09-13-07 | 12:09 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Agreed 110%!!!
Is there any way we can add/edit this thread title???
Something like "Now Confirmed & built w/pics"
Done. Thanks again for posting the pics.

Maybe why South Bay Lexus has more info is because they're in Torrance...aka next to Lexus USA HQ?
Old 09-13-07 | 12:21 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by enigma888
Done. Thanks again for posting the pics.

Maybe why South Bay Lexus has more info is because they're in Torrance...aka next to Lexus USA HQ?
My pleasure!!! I knew you guys would appreciate a find like this!!

Yes they are about 10-15 mins away from HQ.

But again.. this car was just part of their allocation for the Dealer...

I'm still sticking to the Dealerships willingness to obtain the information from the DM out of Lexus Corporate...

They can all call their respective DM's anytime they like.. no matter what state they are in...

I use my situation as a perfect example on my Special Order process...

Yesterday, she was able to make a call and find out my car was handed over to the trasnporter co.
Although it didn't make it to the dealership yesterday... I did while we were all sleeping...

Joe Z
Old 09-13-07 | 12:36 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Well good luck to your new ride. Now hopefully the interested parties will be able to get their hands on the elusive Black Opal LS 600h L...

Quick Reply: Black Opal 600hL being built (now confirmed & built w/pics)