LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Black Opal 600hL being built (now confirmed & built w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-07, 06:53 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I"m going to give my local dealer 1 more day to find a car / this car. Then I'll see if they can get this car in a trade.

My local dealer's sales department has lost my last two purchases due to ordering issues. Cars that they couldn't get me, that I located and bought (for cheaper, BTW) with a phone call. Wonder if they're going to be 3 for 3. Always issues with availability / timing. Unfortunately, only 2 Lexus dealerships in the area, and both are owned by the same person.
Old 09-14-07, 09:37 AM
Bossa_Nova
Rookie

I started this thread because I feared my dealer either had wrong information or was giving me knowingly wrong information. Once again Club Lexus has proved its value by providing important information not available elsewhere.

I have provided this information (with pictures) to the dealer and they have asked for 24 hours to "find out what's going on here." I will post their response when I get it. My frustration with this process continues to grow. I am going to drive the 600hl for the first time on the 22nd at the NJ Taste of Lexus event. I will decide after that whether to cancel my order or not.

Thanks again to all who have contributed especially Joe Z.
Old 09-14-07, 10:02 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
I"m going to give my local dealer 1 more day to find a car / this car. Then I'll see if they can get this car in a trade.
^^ Why not just deal with the CA dealer directly..?
You'll just have to take care of a few things on your own.. Like Tax, Title, Reg and transportation... (i think)

Originally Posted by Bossa_Nova
Thanks again to all who have contributed especially Joe Z.
^^ No problem, thats what we are here for!!!!
Old 09-14-07, 10:21 AM
LexFather

Lazy dealers is what it is. Lexus is just AWFUL when it comes to ordering cars.
Old 09-14-07, 10:34 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Why not just deal with the CA dealer directly..?
You'll just have to take care of a few things on your own.. Like Tax, Title, Reg and transportation... (i think)
I really am trying to give them the business. Or perhaps I'm sick of having to explain to the general manager each time I bring the car in for service why I didn't buy them there.

They're on a short leash. Didn't have to be that way. Way to go grabbing defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Don't think I'll be this patient with my LF-A deposit. Probably just give up and buy an Aston Martin. Don't think I can go through this over and over and over and over ...
Old 09-14-07, 11:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ I agree 110%... and that is why South Bay Lexus got my business...
The Internert Sales Mgr went above & beyond to make sure I got exactly what I wanted..
Gloria bascially said to me: "If they make it, there is NO reason why you can't Special Order it".... She felt that I shouldn't settle for something on the lot that I really didn't want... Which was Lux Pkgs which have Wood Trim & no Sport Tuned Suspension..
I'm not old enough to have wood

On that LS600h L sitting at South Bay.. What I was getting at ,is if they are given 5-10 allocations a month (not sure of actual #).. this is one of them that wasn't sold yet.. But is was in their dealership allocations... So if you mean SOLD out because the dealershis filled their qoutas, then I agree.... But this is on the Showroom Floor screaming Buy Me.. Its been there for about a week... and I did ask her if this was a cancelled order... it was not... Just a New Arrival..

Jz
yup, that's exactly what i meant, joe. there are quite a few ls600hl sitting here in socal dealerships, i have seen quite a few. they were all ordered by owners or so and just sit there so they can sell the car to someone else for msrp. typical tatics
Old 09-14-07, 11:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

My local dealer's sales department has lost my last two purchases due to ordering issues. Cars that they couldn't get me, that I located and bought (for cheaper, BTW) with a phone call. Wonder if they're going to be 3 for 3. Always issues with availability / timing. Unfortunately, only 2 Lexus dealerships in the area, and both are owned by the same person.
i say don't even wait. just come out for a road trip would love to meet you in person, hehe
Old 09-14-07, 11:19 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i say don't even wait. just come out for a road trip would love to meet you in person, hehe
LOL. Don't tempt me, I did come out to LA for my Lambo. It's from Lambo of Beverly Hills, so it's not like I haven't done this before.

Let's see what phone calls can do.
Old 09-14-07, 11:23 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Go for it, grab it before somebody else did LOL
Old 09-14-07, 11:44 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Talking

LOL. Don't tempt me, I did come out to LA for my Lambo. It's from Lambo of Beverly Hills, so it's not like I haven't done this before.

If you do call the Cali dealer, let me know... I will give the Internet Sales Mgr a heads up...!

What color bow do you like??

I have yet to "unwrap" my New toy...I took it with NO DEALER PREP
(hopefully after work today)

Jz
Old 09-14-07, 12:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lol, i am not tempting, i am just offering. i can go there and "secure" the car for ya
Old 09-14-07, 02:42 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

So did you call Gloria Rincon yet??
I gave hear the heads up that one of our Florida members would be calling on the Black Opal LS600h L...

Let us know...

- Joe Z
Old 09-18-07, 03:11 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Question

Hey guys I just heard this car was SOLD to someone in Florida???

So whos the lucky member??
Old 09-18-07, 03:31 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

The Department of Defense will neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons on any vessel.
Old 09-18-07, 03:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hehe, congrats to the Sunshine State's newest LS 600h L owner...whoever that is.

Quick Reply: Black Opal 600hL being built (now confirmed & built w/pics)