LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Recirculate button resetting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-07, 03:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL, Helmar, hehe keep enjoying it! Glad it turned out not to be an issue.
Old 09-12-07, 03:33 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

On days like today (68, blue sky, puffy clouds, slight breeze)

Enjoy them while they last. In Maine you won't see those days again until next June!
Old 09-12-07, 03:39 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Enjoy them while they last. In Maine you won't see those days again until next June!
True, but think of how much fun it'll be trying out the AWD in the snow!

I'm guessing that in the snow, the weight of the car will make the traction better in certain circumstances (climbing up a hill, starting off from a stop), but might make cornering more dicey.

HBH
Old 09-12-07, 03:52 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

That is the one thing I am jealous about. I wish Lexus had offered AWD in the regular LS's.

Yes, that car should move great in the snow. If you get snow tires be sure to down size the width one to two sizes. I'd also recommend a second set of wheels so your stock wheels don't get destroyed by the salt (plus the changeover is so much easier and trouble free).
Old 09-12-07, 05:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
What is the recommended tire pressure on them?
32-33psi is what recommended on stock wheels
Old 09-13-07, 02:35 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buddy im sure 100%. Just let them check again. Frankly speaking the indian technician didnt have any idea of what he was enabling/disabling. So i was the one who disabled the options. I didnt have any problems convincing him to let me use the TIS . Anyways. At first i had the following settings:

Settings that did not Work

1.While the engine is running and the vehicle is placed into park, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:

a. When placing the vehicle into park, all of the doors will remain LOCKED. (Standard)
b. When placing vehicle into park, ALL the doors will automatically UNLOCK.

2.When shifting the vehicle from park to another range, the following features can be programmed:

a. When shifting from park to another range, the doors will not lock.
b. When shifting from park to another range, while the brake pedal is PRESSED, all the doors will lock.(Standard). <-- Conflict

3-when the vehicle reaches 13mph, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
a. The doors will not lock. (Standard).
b. All of the doors will automatically lock. <-- Conflict

So what usually happened is that ((When placing vehicle into park, ALL the doors will automatically UNLOCK.))

Correct settings are as follows:

1.While the engine is running and the vehicle is placed into park, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:

a. When placing the vehicle into park, all of the doors will remain LOCKED. (Standard)
b. When placing vehicle into park, ALL the doors will automatically UNLOCK.

2.When shifting the vehicle from park to another range, the following features can be programmed:

a. When shifting from park to another range, the doors will not lock.
b. When shifting from park to another range, while the brake pedal is PRESSED, all the doors will lock.(Standard).

3-when the vehicle reaches 13mph, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
a. The doors will not lock. (Standard).
b. All of the doors will automatically lock.

=====================

Regarding the A/C i did not understand what your problem is.
I think youre trying to say it changes from Automatic to manual when the car is on again. Well be sure that you hit the "Off" Button before you close the car. Do you hit the "Off" button or close the car right away with A/C on ?

Last edited by uae; 09-13-07 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-13-07, 03:32 AM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by uaexuae
Regarding the A/C i did not understand what your problem is.
I think youre trying to say it changes from Automatic to manual when the car is on again. Well be sure that you hit the "Off" Button before you close the car. Do you hit the "Off" button or close the car right away with A/C on?
" ... be sure that you hit the "Off" Button before you close the car ... " ? ? ? ? I don't know what this means.

No, the problem was this:

Normally, I leave the climate control on all of the time. When I shut the car off, of course the climate control turns off as well. Under these conditions, the recirculate button stays in automatic.

The problem occurs when I manually turn the climate control off. Then, when I manually turn the climate control on again, the recirculate button has changed from automatic mode to manual mode.

HBH
Old 09-13-07, 09:47 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Helmar
"
No, the problem was this:

Normally, I leave the climate control on all of the time. When I shut the car off, of course the climate control turns off as well. Under these conditions, the recirculate button stays in automatic.

The problem occurs when I manually turn the climate control off. Then, when I manually turn the climate control on again, the recirculate button has changed from automatic mode to manual mode.

HBH
I believe it's working as designed as I and my business partner have LS460L's and experience the same behavior as you are.

Dmitry
Old 09-13-07, 10:22 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uaeXuae
" ... be sure that you hit the "Off" Button before you close the car ... "
What i meant is

Originally Posted by Helmar
"manually turn the climate control off.
I uploaded a video so that you will tell me where exactly is the problem im starting to think its when you close the car and turn ignition on the "AUTO" button is disabled. I hope you verify if thats the issue.

A/C Configuration video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXtyXyw_0bc

As seen from the picture below, if "Auto" mode is on and a manual selection is taken between any value from LO -> HI the "Auto" Button is disabled.

The way i do it is the the manual way; I goto the Climate control settings and select any value between LO - HI. I hit the OFF button just before i close the car. I do this all the time. Even if i use the AUTO button i have to hit "OFF" button before shutting down the car. I hope im making sense.

Last edited by uae; 09-13-07 at 12:26 PM.