LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Recirculate button resetting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-07, 04:35 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recirculate button resetting?

I always drive with the recirculate/fresh air button set to recirculate/automatic.

Several times now I've noticed that it's set itself to recirculate/manual without the automatic light set, which means (I believe) that it'll stay on recirculate until I change it.

It it supposed to change from automatic to manual mode like this?

HBH
Old 09-11-07, 04:51 PM
Paul B
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When it's set to automatic, the computer will choose, based on air quality, whether the setting should be recirculate or outside air. If you want recirculate always, then set it to that and not to automatic.
Old 09-11-07, 04:56 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Paul B
When it's set to automatic, the computer will choose, based on air quality, whether the setting should be recirculate or outside air. If you want recirculate always, then set it to that and not to automatic.
Thanks for your reply, but it didn't address my issue.

My problem is that it's switching from automatic to manual on it's own.

Is this normal? I'd prefer having it always on automatic.

HBH
Old 09-11-07, 04:59 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

There must be a malfunction. Once I set mine to automatic, it will stay on automatic until I shut it off.
Old 09-11-07, 05:22 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
There must be a malfunction. Once I set mine to automatic, it will stay on automatic until I shut it off.
Ok, then I guess I have my first punch list item when I bring my car in for it's first servicing.

So far this LS is behaving exactly like my previous two, virtually flawless (except for the dealer prep issue of overinflated tires (40 psi)).

HBH
Old 09-11-07, 06:20 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Mine also stays in auto mode. My dealer had my tires set at 44-45 PSI. I think they do that so the tires don't get flat spots.

Craig
Old 09-11-07, 07:00 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmar
My problem is that it's switching from automatic to manual on it's own.

Is this normal? I'd prefer having it always on automatic.

HBH
Not normal at all, Helmar.

Mine, like the others have spelled out above stays on Auto or Manual whenever I choose either function.
Old 09-11-07, 09:32 PM
woppenhe
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The buttons just below the screen are vulnerable to being activated by accident when you go for for the screen buttons. I have several times deactivated the climate control system this way. Just a thought.
Old 09-11-07, 11:38 PM
Astie
Driver School Candidate

I've also noticed that the air button sometimes resets, turning itself out of automatic mode. I'm reasonably sure this isn't an accidental press.

For my car, it's just one more electronics issue. The external rear mirrors sometimes fail to extend when I unlock the car, and the door locks sometimes fail to unlock when the car is put in park mode.

My dealer is unable to reproduce these issues, which makes it hard to fix. <sigh>

Combined with problems with the car failing to change to a higher gear when I lift my foot off the accelerator after hard acceleration, and front seats that have become lumpy and uncomfortable after a couple of months, I'm seriously concerned about the quality of this car.
Old 09-12-07, 12:05 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope you get some of those issues addressed. Sounds like perhaps the auto-recirculate-outside 3-way button might have an electronic issue for those who have it not working properly. The pollen button next to the 3-way button does activate recirculate, which can happen due to an accidental press. Also, you guys might know this, holding down the 3-way button gives access to the smog filter settings, whereby the sensor detects pollution and switches to recirculate--should occur in automatic mode.

Astie, have you looked at uaexue's post in your thread here? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=302417 Maybe the dealer tech didn't program the locking features completely.

Hope you guys can get the a/c issue resolved.
Old 09-12-07, 05:14 AM
Astie
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I saw uaexue's post. Unfortunately, that's not the issue with the locks. The issue is not unlocking when the car is put into park, and when I unlock the doors (with the switch on the driver's door) all the doors unlock and immediately lock again - it's as if the car thinks it isn't in park and therefore the doors should be locked. The remedy is to start the car, shift out of park, and then back into park. This only happens very occasionally.
Old 09-12-07, 08:15 AM
lexus111
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Astie
I've also noticed that the air button sometimes resets, turning itself out of automatic mode. I'm reasonably sure this isn't an accidental press.

For my car, it's just one more electronics issue. The external rear mirrors sometimes fail to extend when I unlock the car, and the door locks sometimes fail to unlock when the car is put in park mode.

My dealer is unable to reproduce these issues, which makes it hard to fix. <sigh>

Combined with problems with the car failing to change to a higher gear when I lift my foot off the accelerator after hard acceleration, and front seats that have become lumpy and uncomfortable after a couple of months, I'm seriously concerned about the quality of this car.

My car also sometimes switches to full recirc only mode on its own when I restart the car. My wifes IS 350 does the same thing once in a while.

Not sure about your mirror problems.... the only thing I can think of is a faulty switch for the mirror control or you have it in between the settings.

The not shifting into the high gear may be when you are going downhill ... grade logic will keep in the lower gear so that the car can hold down its own speed until you get to more level road. My car does this when I accelerate on an onramp and then when I reach the speed that I want and am still going downhill it will stay in 6th or 7th gear until I either accelerate some more or get to level pavement.
Old 09-12-07, 01:26 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Ahhhh Haaaaa

I just figured out what's happening here.

On days like today (68, blue sky, puffy clouds, slight breeze), I open the roof and the windows and shut off the climate control.

Then, when I turn the climate control back on, it starts off in manual mode.

Unfortunately, now my new car problems punch list is empty again ...

HBH
Old 09-12-07, 02:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, come on now helmar, what a disappointment now with an empty list!
Old 09-12-07, 03:02 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Craig B
Mine also stays in auto mode. My dealer had my tires set at 44-45 PSI. I think they do that so the tires don't get flat spots.

Craig
What is the recommended tire pressure on them?

Quick Reply: Recirculate button resetting?