LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Rear seats A/C must work with Air Purifier ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-07, 02:49 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear seats A/C must work with Air Purifier ???

Three days ago i went with two of my friends on a short buissness trip .My friend at the back complained that its very hot ! so i turned "On" The rear conditioning from the Navigation Menu at the front although he could have done it himself at the back but didnt know how. Anyways I noticed that if i turned on the rear A/C by hitting Climate then going to the second page and selecting LO / MED / HIGH / Etc.. and then going back to the first page of the Climate control settings ( Front climate configuration) the Air purifier is turned on ! Or even if the rear A/C is turned on by the person sitting at the back the "Air Purifier" button is on.The yellow line indicated its on.

Now from what i understood is that "Air Purifier" is to refresh air . But it seems that it refreshes air & turns on the rear conditioning as well. So if the rear conditioning was on and the air purifier was off the air wont be cold enuf ?? so Hitting the "Air purifier" will turn on the rear compresser or something like that. Can someone explain whats the connection between the two ??
Old 09-13-07, 11:22 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

. I used to two techniques to turn on A/C at the rear seats:
1st was to hit the "Auto".
2nd was to do it manually.
I ended up with the "Air Purifier" yellowed out (Enabled).

I Uploaded a video as well to make things easier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yac1IoP67QU
Old 09-13-07, 12:34 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I believe that's correct, the rear seat A/C works with the air purifier. The manual should confirm this. Adjusting the fan speed for the rear A/C affects the speed of the fan blowing air through the air purifier and cooler from the rear vents.

Also, if you touch the air purifier button on the touchscreen, the air purifier and rear A/C system will switch to automatic mode.
Old 09-13-07, 01:14 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by enigma888
I believe that's correct, the rear seat A/C works with the air purifier. The manual should confirm this. Adjusting the fan speed for the rear A/C affects the speed of the fan blowing air through the air purifier and cooler from the rear vents.

Also, if you touch the air purifier button on the touchscreen, the air purifier and rear A/C system will switch to automatic mode.
That makes sense but its kinda weird to work like that. Thought they should be separate.